Fall 2021 Solo Cup Grow Off

Time for some fun, you know the deal.

Winner gets bragging rights, and we all get a learning experience.

Rules:

Container must be a cup, recycled gets a single bonus point by me :wink: lol.

Volume of fill must be right around 500ml/17oz or under and proof can be called out by any other participant if they suspect otherwise.

Roots must be maintained to be contained within said cup for duration of grow, also can be called out.

Must provide at least one update photo once a week, exceptions obviously can be made just give a heads up so other participants know.

Starting month for any seedlings or clones is all of Aug with a Flowering date for any photoperiod growers starting at the latest on Sept 1st

No restrictions on growing method, media, feeding styles, or photo/auto, clone or seed.

And just to keep it relatively equal a max starting count if you want of 8 “cups”, and yes i said “cups” not plants.

Saying that likely finish for this will be mid November.

Lets Go!

59 Likes

As for myself i won’t be starting till mid aug, though just want to get this up and going so people can start planning and brewing ideas on what they want to do.

13 Likes

Has to be from seed or are clones ok?

8 Likes

Lets say it doesn’t matter, so long as flowering dates are followed.

Edited: above to include that.

5 Likes

Fantastic, I’m defo in!

7 Likes

Sweet will be digging around later to see what I have :grin:

4 Likes

Hmm, I don’t know that I could win with organics, let alone my skill. Sounds fun to compare results though. I’m in. Seeds away!

7 Likes

I may try this one I normally don’t do well in small pots but what the hell

9 Likes

sounds like fun ive never tried this before :smiley:

8 Likes

I’m in, need something to do anyway. Last one I was in was fun. Gotta pop the next run anyways time to see what I’ve got that won’t run 10+ weeks flower like my last one was. Was kinda nice being as it tasted like my childhood :crazy_face:. Luck everyone.

5 Likes

Will there be separate grading categories for clone vs seed.

IMO its a lot easier to grow a clone being that you have most likely ran it before and have a better gauge of what it can do, what it likes and what it dislikes

5 Likes

So, winner gets braggin rights, but how do you win exactly?

:sunglasses:
Doc

7 Likes

Not much different than running seed your familiar with and have run before, so no and root volume is the same so its not like one will get a leg up or anything.

@SubSoilSelections user vote off at the end … most likely

@TestOfOath can be started anytime within aug, obviously if its some 12+weeker as soon as possible, though not sure how many will want to run one like that.

8 Likes

I’ve always wanted to try one of these. So count me out in. Now I have to decide what I want to run. So many seeds I want to try but not sure if something new would be the smartest move when I also have many I’d already know what to expect and how to grow.

Well looks like I’ve got a couple weeks to figure this out.

5 Likes

Yep awesome, I’m in like Flynn.

6 Likes

Love the solo cup/recycled container comps :grin: lots of fun and usually all kinds of info learned. And I may have a microgrow addiction.

4 Likes

I gotta get in on this, sounds like fun

4 Likes

Ooohhh… This sounds like fun. :smiley:

4 Likes

So the 18oz solos are a no go? I just checked what I had. I thought this would be fun to try. I won’t have stuff set up for a real run till fall.

4 Likes

I’m in hmm :thinking: what to grow though definitely something fem hmm probably take another shot at my fem seeds from ilgm

4 Likes