MadScientist's 2nd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

It looks like I may only get 1 of 3 Sweet Cindy, the same was done in my grow by pulling off the shell and placing back in the rockwool but there are low hopes for it.

The Peyote Cookies seed isn’t looking the best either, its one that I want to reverse. the shell is off now so maybe she will grow.

@toasty that last pic looks pretty chunky.

2 Likes

I know… i love the fatness of those leaves…
good light for ya!

1 Like

Well, my babies were stunted in the rockwool, so i took them apart and potted them in their hempys with perlite at the bottom and coco on the top.

They will be growing now! Gave them 50% nute solution and by This weekend we’ll see them totally diff.

HppHrvst :robot:

7 Likes

So heres my 3 pankyrang starting to poke out of their homes

2 Likes

And here is 2 of my 3 doc holiday’s, looks like I might lose the one on the end.
Maybe that’s a good sign though because last time I did three seeds and lost one the two remainders were females.

4 Likes

What kind of silica you using? When I mixed mine with cal mag it clumps up.

2 Likes

add silica first then ph correct before adding anything else @hewhocoruptz :laughing:

2 Likes

I use a potassium silicate, Agsil 16H. I mix it with water to make the equivalent of Pro-TeKt. I added way too much (10 ml/gal) and had to add pH down. I’m an organic guy, so I’m totally out of my element here.

3 Likes

Right on, I use the same stuff. What’s your normal mixing ratio?

1 Like

When ever mixing silca product or silicone in a nutrient mix,

1. Fill the reservoir or container with water

2. Add desired amount of silicone product, and stir well !

3. PH test and correct solution as it will be high, ph8-10 kinda high :wink:

4. CORRECT THE PH OF THE SOLUTION (water + silicone)

5. stir and check PH again ph of 6-7 is good at this point :smiley:

6. Continue to add other products as per normal.

7. & 10) Did I mention to add silcone first then ph correct before adding further nutrients :wink:

Silicone can be, but shouldn’t be used as a PH up :anguished:

The same procedure goes regardless if your using 11% or 33% proof potassium silicate :wink:

3 Likes

Let me guess first it all went cloudy then clumped up like sperm in water hehehehe

Read instructions above if their not on the bottle all ready ^^^^^^^^ hehehehe :wink: @hewhocoruptz

Thanks herb, I will be using some silica when I get home, I dont normally ph anything but I’d be curious to see what it comes up as.

2 Likes

If your starting water is in the range of PH6.5 - PH 8 the silica @ 11% takes you up to 8-10 and the 33% well my hand held ph meter stops at 10, I have a constant read out that goes up to 14, but enough said :wink:

The PH buffers of different manufacturers also have different levels of % proof just as a side note :wink:

2 Likes

Good to know, may have to bust out my ph pen to check out what I’m putting in.

2 Likes

While I checked my Sprouts the other day and for 10 yr+ seeds only 20% had cracked as I expected. Well I guess I cared for them just enough as only 3 didn’t pop in total

They will be going into cups tomorrow

6 Likes

Pretty darn good, from my perspective!

3 Likes

that was a few days ago, only had to chuck 3 seeds total out of everything you see tonight, kudos though

3 Likes

Sorry i havent updated yet. Had to rush the family cat to the vet to have emergency surgery. Cost me $908 dollars so far so now I’m up sh*ts creek without a paddle and wasn’t able to get back home to water everything and I’m pretty sure I cooked my little hempys so unless they survive and pop I’m out. . . Sorry guys

2 Likes

Sorry to hear this, I hope things brighten up for you !

3 Likes

Thanks @naiveCon I appreciate that. We will know in the morning if he made it through surgery and survived the night

2 Likes