MadScientist's 2nd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

Failure to show the root ball in perfect shape around the cup will mean immediate disqualyfication. PERIOD.

It was stated on May 24th, and i still got like 10 more days to go until the voting starts.

I dunno how much clearer it could be… May 24th was one week before starting, but no one reads.

Sci :robot:

1 Like

I think will do a small vid on the root stuff , i have worked bonsai for decades and as you prune the canopy shape it and everithing, roots get pruned too can cut up to 1/3 of the root mass with not much issue , i think ill do it with mine cuz i will reveg mine will chop most of it and will work the root mass cut part to put her on a reveg , in cannabis is not much a common practice because is not treated as an ornamental plant and with a short period of life you try to stress the less as possible, @toastyjakes is at the end so dont suppose to be a problem plant will be cut down unless you will reveg like me even with that i will prune root cuz i want new growth and that encourage new growth and plant supose to reveg faster

5 Likes

@toastyjakes I showed my roots many weeks ago in here and my plants are healthy as could be

4 Likes

You need to do it now, @toastyjakes cannot help you here. Thanks.

1 Like

he was replying to my “fuck up health of my plants by pulling them out” comment… telling me his plants are still ok

not looking for help from me for anything as far as I’m concerned

1 Like

Well here they are
First the berry gals then the grape crush

I screwed up and showed 2 berry’s and 1 grape in this pic

2 grapes

6 Likes

OK, animosity is high. I understand.

The rules were stated in the beginning and they will not change, even if you didn’t read them.

Nobody had to show the roots before hand, you chose to do it and that is fine. The rules clearly specify that the roots will have to be shown AT THE END (please read carefully) and not midways or nothing. I knew everyone would forget, but it was written on stone since one week before the contest started.

Please comply or your name will not be placed in the ballot for the voting round.

Official entries of the root ball MUST include a piece of paper with your username and the date, for everyone to feel a little bit better i will give you until Sunday to submit the official entry, which can only be one plant.

Thanks for participating and get your game face on!

3 Likes

Ah, man mine isnt even going to have a rootball yet hahahahaaa

5 Likes

This is edited before I hit the reply button.
@toastyjakes cannot show the rootball at the end because his plant finished a month ago.

2 Likes

I thought it was because he used the fabric pot and didn’t want to have to rip the roots out of the fabric to show them

2 Likes

use to have to do that, but running a chopstick around the inside between the root ball and fabric pot works, but would only do it at the end.

4 Likes

Hi guys, so I am done, I am gracefully bowing out but this was a fun competition. I think with it running through the summer it was hard for me to give it a hundred percent so maybe in the future.
I only had one female out of six seeds and she was a Doc Holliday LOL

8 Likes

You did all the work, i will still place you on the list to see how many votes you get. It will be fun.

6 Likes

11 Likes

will upload vid soon link will be only for here and the root ball was nearly all the pot was nearly no soil anymore i think getting the roots out if the soil i got out have less than half of the pot so microbes and the plant dispose nearly of 3/4 parts of the soil less the perlite is the white stuff left in the root ball in the pic

3 Likes

Early skunk female x ATF male my first cross my first seeds , looking forward to the outcome of the cross :blush::grin::muscle:

9 Likes

Last plant day 69 from sprout.

14 Likes
3 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle those autos do super good in thise small containers , i can imagine w can they do in a 5 gal or a 10g pot plants lookes healthy all the time and super resilient , lived the training you did and just let me know ive benn a pussy with mines in the training haha scared to stress the plant , Mahalo Nui Loa for all the tips i saw here cheers

5 Likes

I still got a couple of days to go at the very least!

2 Likes