MadScientist's 3rd Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁

Wow that sounds almost cruel lol. Are you in coco or soil? Do you ever prune the roots?

6 Likes

I want to do 3 types of cup grows, some fun with training which I never seem to get around to these days, a few seeds in one cup (a few girls and one cup) and I also want to repeat an experiment I done as a young tacker with 9/3 lighting.

5 Likes

Maybe I did not catch it and maybe it is a stupid question.
Is there a time limit for the grow?:seedling:

5 Likes

I think we will find out soon the rules from @MadScientist

6 Likes

I have seen them, and it’s pretty amazing what can be done out of a solo cup.

Got my seed picked out, and waiting patiently for June 1st!

4 Likes

Morning peeps,

It’s 8.45am in Costa Rica and it’s overcast today with very high chances of rain in the afternoon…

So… Pack your bowls… Wait, what?

RULES FOR THE CONTEST

No transplanting and pruning the roots to make it fit back in a 16oz cup at the end.
We will know and I WILL DISQUALIFY anyone who doesn’t take a pic of the root ball.
Whatever ingenious way you find to grow your plants goes, but it’s gotta fit in the 16oz cup.

I did this in 15 days, so no excuses at all, please peeps, it’s for fun…

1. Germination starts on Saturday, June 1st at midnight, Veggie till the end of June.
2. Mandatory flip (except for autos OFC) on Sunday, June the 30th at midnight.
3. Regular, Feminized and Autos are all welcome, in case of autos be patient till the rest finish.
4. Don’t try to be smart and transplant to a bigger pot then back to the cup… GONER!
5. Winner will be chosen by members poll. I made the 1st post wiki so you can write yourselves up.
6. Limit is 4 cup per contestant.

Let’s have fun and may the best grower win.

Thanks for your participation gang!

Sci :robot:

22 Likes

Just natural air pruning out of the drainage holes and I grow in both soil and coco…

Here’s a cut I handed over to a bro today and the look on his face was priceless after he realized it was in a 5oz cup :grin:

16 Likes

So many choices, hard to decide what to enter with.

4 Likes

Count me in, I am going to do a mini DWC just for shits and giggles and to see if it can be done. It will be set up so that NO roots can get out of the cup as per the rules… I am going to grow one of my own projects that my bro and I have been working on for a number of years now, a mix of superskunk, big bud and OG Kush we have been calling FAF or ‘fast as fuck’ in house for obvious reasons, but is now called Pacific Jade :slight_smile: Should be fun!

6 Likes

Hey, I might have a extra clone for this…:grinning:

2 Likes

I’m all signed up and ready to play!

3 Likes

@Jamescoldflame sorry bro. Seeds only.

Germination starts on…

4 Likes

@MadScientist do we have an end date or just waiting for all contestants to finish flowering?

3 Likes

Oh…ok…well I guess now a good time to test these beans from a breeding I did…can it be more than one …as some might be males

5 Likes

If I recall I think most people do multiple but then you choose one of them at the end as your final submission.

6 Likes

We wait until everyone finishes…

Go right ahead, test them with this fun contest…

That is right, how we usually do it, yes.

4 Likes

I wanted to do this since i joined OG. I will try, but might kill this one if work travel gets in the way…

Red cup: check
Megacrop: check
Coco: check
Mamba Negra CBD Auto: check

Hacked-up light with 180W of chinese ebay LEDs for 20 bucks: check

June 1st it is then.

13 Likes

Ok 16oz solo indoors with any strain or medium?
How do i sign up?
And by germ start june 1you mean put first moisture on seeds. ?
Can someone hit me with the details?
And sign me up if possible please.

3 Likes

It’s got to be done by June 1st I believe go back to the original post he’s got the rules up you can use autos I believe any seed you want but it has to be in a 16 oz cup you can’t alter The Roots at all you know what I’m saying he’ll know we’ll all know. If you run an auto you just have to wait for everybody’s to finish up. It’ll be voted on and prizes will be awarded. Check out mr. Sparkles cup from last year’s winner!
-J

5 Likes

Ok so im in there now ? Thanks trying to start a journal

2 Likes