Master Kush in a mini superstealthy setup.. *ready*

Hello!

Here’s some pics of Nirvana Seed’s MASTER KUSH growing in a small odour controlled and 99,99% lightproof DIY speaker box.

Quite happy with the outcome, even if the harvest would have been a fair bit heavier if i had vegged a couple weeks more. Oh well, live and learn… :innocent:

SETUP:

16,5w LED bulb - 4000K. Not a “growlight”, but a quality bulb anyway.

BOX: 42 x 23 x 25 cm (outside dimensions)

NUTEZ: Biobizz Grow, Bloom, Alg-A-Mic & TopMax.

Tap water through filter jug.

Seedling compost mixed with a bit of coco coir and some clay pebbles.

Homemade breathable felt fabric pot. Polypropylene, same as all the commercial ones.

More info on the speaker box here:
("Jungle-woofer" = super-stealthy hifi-speaker growbox)

-though that’s v.2 - here i’m using the first version…

Not that much to explain about this grow as nothing really unexpected happened…

Vegged for 3-4 weeks, flowered for 9-10 which was maybe a week too much. First time I grew this strain so didn’t really know when to harvest. All around 10-20%(?) amber trichs, as can be seen in the pics when zoomed in… :sunglasses:

-Some of the pics zoomed in + cropped :

MK cryztalz 01

MK cryztalz 02

MK cryztalz 03

MK cryztalz 04

MK cryztalz 05

MK cryztalz 06

MK cryztalz 07

MK cryztalz 08

MK cryztalz 09

MK cryztalz 010

MK cryztalz 012

MK cryztalz 013

MK cryztalz 014

MK cryztalz 015

MK cryztalz 016

29 Likes

nice job. I just took a MK bag seed plant down. Was not as pretty as yours, but very frosty

4 Likes

Cool! I once many years back smoked a homegrown (can’t backtrack it though, unfortunately…) MK that had an incredible deeeep spacey/chill stone, never ever smoked something like it since, gonna eventually go through all the oldschool MK’s out there…! :smile: This here was Nirvana’s, and though it is good, it was not that… Other potential candidates are White Label’s (=Sensi) and Dutch Passion’s version. Hopefully it was not a specific pheno only… :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

this was a dispensary purchase labeled MK It was an ounce and heavily seeded. I have had them 2 years and finally grew some out. Only one female… so it was not a hermie thing Obviously do not know the father. Smells really fruity but have not tasted it yet. Gave away most of those seeds but still have a dozen or so, I may run them next year but too many other things in the works atm. If someone wanted to run them sooner could maybe work it out.

3 Likes

Pretty impressive for only 16.5 W bulb. :+1::seedling:

7 Likes

Wow, looks great!

4 Likes

Looks really good. Master kush is one of my “must get to soon” strains

4 Likes

That’s a really cool setup! What kind of fan and carbon scrubber are you using?

If you could get that scrubber out of the way somehow and move the light to the middle the plant would probably appreciate it. Even better toss a second 16 watt bulb in there. You can blow through the scrubber and put it out of the box if you have the space.

3 Likes

Super setup!!! Only improvement needed, would be two of em!
Welcome @momo420 to the OG community, glad to have you around. Definitely have something to add to Micro grow threads.
And lastly, that speaker is now seasoned with MK :dash:

4 Likes

Beautiful plants and killer little set up…I had a MasterWidow. MasterKush x WhiteWidow in the late 90s.One of the best strains i have grown to date.

2 Likes

Thanks :+1: …and I do in fact have two of them, the other one is just with someone joining the greenthumb crowd for the first time… :seedling: I don’t really need it right now as the nordic summer weather was quite kind to the autos this season… :sunglasses:

-Here’s that other one, the upgraded version:

4 Likes

Thanks!

It’s a 9mm quality and very quiet computer fan mounted to the outside of the speaker in the discant hole. I usually keep the power supply for it on 6V or 9V as 12V is not really needed except perhaps if the box was really packed with flowering buds, or it was way too warm outside in the room. On 12V the fan is also noticeably louder than on 9V (and a bit more smell gets through…). Even at 6V it keeps the temperature in the box at only 7-8 degrees Celsius more than outside room floor temperature.

DIY carbon scrubber; a miniature version of the commercial ones. The “wall” of carbon in this really tiny one is a bit on the thin side (15mm), and smelly strains like MK do leak out a bit, but not much as the air passes so much slower than with commercial extraction fans…

Have also tested them scaled up, both the scrubber as well as using double and even triple 120mm fans boosting each other in a channel made of cardboard. I would say you could aerate even quite big LED grows very quietly with good computer fans, like Noctua, if you just place many after each other, not side by side. I used a small Noctua fan in this upgraded version of the speaker, where a small COB light is in the middle and the scrubbing is also of a very different design…

4 Likes

“Jungle-woofer” = super-stealthy hifi-speaker growbox 2
I knew that build looked familiar! Not that they are identical, but the quality is top notch craftsmanship.
If I wasn’t already set up and trying to hide my grow I’d steal the idea and use it on a dresser or armoire.
You sir, kicked them speakers’ asses

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. :slight_smile: I did though keep in mind not to over do it design/craft wise, so that more people could feel it’s possible to make something similar at home, even with quite simple tools… (as i did, I don’t have a proper workshop either…)

1 Like

@momo420 ingenious little cab :+1::+1:two thumbs up

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile: