Matanuska ThunderFuck served Baked Alaska Style

Alright, where was we…

The 4 MTF’s are well, good growth, current light cycle 20/4 both viparspectra 1000 watt leds running for warmth. Light’s 46 and 48 inches from plants. Room temp and humidity out of wack, compensating when I can.

18 Likes

Hah great story!

1 Like

When I did the test grow of three seeds from the distributor one was the Pibeurt, 2 MTF’s both of them suffered right from the start from bacterial problems. The 4 MTF’s that survived germination all have the same problem with bacteria in the very beginning, their growing ok now and will be transplanted to pots this weekend. I believe the MTF seeds have Powder Mold or similar problem. I came to this conclusion because the two MTF seeds that did not pop developed PM at the planting site on grow pod.

15 Likes

This is going to sound like one of those “one weird trick” clickbate adds but I’ve been working on a procedure to address that.

I use an ultrasonic cleaner and a 1% H2O2 solution, 9 minute buzz and then your usual procedure. No PM, no dampening off (so far :laughing:) any virus or bacteria on the outside gets zapped.

Early days (3rd run) but it is looking very good so far.

Cheers
G

9 Likes

Show us, and or link please @Gpaw

3 Likes

Sorry
I was thinking about doing that at the beginning… :rofl: :vulcan_salute:

Cool Runnings - #12 by ChronicMcBudz

I didn’t post any pics this time around (they’d look the same… :laughing:)
and all the info is here.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I got these recently from FOE…Cherry Slyder x Matanuska Thunder Fuck FEMs

I will be getting to these after New Years!

7 Likes

Hmmm there is a mystery happening… started 6 seeds MTF, 2 died of bacteria, the four that survived have had a rough time getting to their current state. All four are showing female and have me concerned these seeds are hermi. Can only wait and see for now.

8 Likes

What makes you think they might be hermies?

2 Likes

They look like females to me…not seeing any signs of hermaphroditism as of yet!

The plants need a little TLC though…showing deficiencies in Nitrogen, Phosphorus, Potassium, Calcium and Mag…what you feeding these ladies?

I would do a run-off test to check ppm and pH.

Brian(Alaskagrown)

6 Likes

@HumblePie420 when I get 50/50 fem/male ratio from reg seeds, it great, I almost never get more females. So I am keeping a close eye on them, not convinced they are hermi just staying on guard till I transfer them outside.

@Alaskagrown agreed, they had nutrient uptake problem from bacterial infection right from the start that came with the seeds. I added mycorrhiza 12days ago and transplanted to pot 4 days ago, doing good and getting better. Thank you for looking out for a fellow OG.

I put all four in one pot to cull the males in hope of growing 2 fem in one pot, now that they are all showing female… keeping 2 indoor and putting 2 outdoor

Happy Holidaze.

5 Likes

Today’s picture of MTF’s with no multi color light.

Splitting them up this weekend.

17 Likes

They look beautiful

1 Like

I don’t think I updated here cause I was too butthurt about it but I had to scrap my whole ATF run cause the mother was a hermie and both clones had to of been too… Had a successful reversal on the clone for pollen and everything and before it even began dropping got sacs all over the flower sites

12 Likes

With plants taking up your whole bathroom… well, at least that’s the only way you were butthurt. :wink: Hermies are no fun though, sorry to hear that.

3 Likes

Sorry to see that, that really sucks.
May your next few runs be perfect :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Greetings @TestOfOath, condolences and a request for a post mortem.

Were there any environmental factors that contributed to Hermie showing up? Stress of any kind? Or just unstable genetics?

What’s your conclusion on the Why of it?

Cheers,
-Grouchy

3 Likes

It’s my first hermy ever and I don’t think it was environmental or any other factors outside of genetics, these had an easy life compared to some of the plants I’ve grown early on in my growing career and nothing has ever happened before. Temps were stable in that bathroom and didn’t vary much at all, same with rh. Had been sprayed for bugs a few times and maybe too heavy pk towards the end but nothing that should’ve been THAT stressful

I’d only started with two seeds and managed to kill one knocking it over. Took clones of the remaining and it was growing fantastically for the longest time, full reversal on the one clone was gonna pollinate the other and the mother plant for plenty of seeds and went in one day to notice sacs on both the mother and the remaining female clone. Best guess is the mother was a hermy making both clones the same as well.

Thanks for your condolences I was so happy and excited to reproduce something I’d only gotten to hear of through legends and be able to spread to the community, 4 months of time and all those hopes and dreams, definitely hurt me.

5 Likes

MTF’s have reached mature, one week into flowering.

Crossing with BOG SourBubble pollen to make seeds for myself.

22 Likes

Very nice sawblade leaves.

1 Like