Matanuska ThunderFuck served Baked Alaska Style

Today’s picture of MTF’s with no multi color light.

Splitting them up this weekend.

17 Likes

They look beautiful

1 Like

I don’t think I updated here cause I was too butthurt about it but I had to scrap my whole ATF run cause the mother was a hermie and both clones had to of been too… Had a successful reversal on the clone for pollen and everything and before it even began dropping got sacs all over the flower sites

12 Likes

With plants taking up your whole bathroom… well, at least that’s the only way you were butthurt. :wink: Hermies are no fun though, sorry to hear that.

3 Likes

Sorry to see that, that really sucks.
May your next few runs be perfect :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Greetings @TestOfOath, condolences and a request for a post mortem.

Were there any environmental factors that contributed to Hermie showing up? Stress of any kind? Or just unstable genetics?

What’s your conclusion on the Why of it?

Cheers,
-Grouchy

3 Likes

It’s my first hermy ever and I don’t think it was environmental or any other factors outside of genetics, these had an easy life compared to some of the plants I’ve grown early on in my growing career and nothing has ever happened before. Temps were stable in that bathroom and didn’t vary much at all, same with rh. Had been sprayed for bugs a few times and maybe too heavy pk towards the end but nothing that should’ve been THAT stressful

I’d only started with two seeds and managed to kill one knocking it over. Took clones of the remaining and it was growing fantastically for the longest time, full reversal on the one clone was gonna pollinate the other and the mother plant for plenty of seeds and went in one day to notice sacs on both the mother and the remaining female clone. Best guess is the mother was a hermy making both clones the same as well.

Thanks for your condolences I was so happy and excited to reproduce something I’d only gotten to hear of through legends and be able to spread to the community, 4 months of time and all those hopes and dreams, definitely hurt me.

5 Likes

MTF’s have reached mature, one week into flowering.

Crossing with BOG SourBubble pollen to make seeds for myself.

22 Likes

Very nice sawblade leaves.

1 Like

Nice healthy looking plants ,

2 Likes

Those plants have recovered quite well and looking healthy!

The MTF x Sourbubble could be some real fireworks!! :boom: :fist_right:

Alaskagrown

8 Likes

Trichome production is not great on flower leaves, the calix’s have good trichomes, growth has been problematic from the beginning.

Pollination of MTF with BOG Sour Bubble Confirmed seed pictures next update.

MTF’s on far right growing into the light. Orange Tangi on left.

The Orange Tangi has big time Trichome production with 4 weeks to go.
Working crazy overtime for another week, more updates in February.
Be good to yourself.

17 Likes

Looking good my friend, very nice

1 Like

I made a cross too…on just 1 bud site…
Vietnam Thunder Fuck x Bogglegum

15 Likes

Thank you @TopShelfTrees1 it’s turning into a hairy monster.

@PhilCuisine Nice! I wanted to show the seeds this update but they are already covered with more pistols… it’s gone into OverGrow mode. I figure if the seeds are good the cross might increase flower leaf Trichome production, the next grow of MTF reg from Alaska family will make a male and I can grow the Matanuska Thunder BOG at the same time and cross it back with MTF and test the result’s.

13 Likes

10 Likes

15 “YEAR” old pollen! Impresive! Lovely!

Grow4th!!!

4 Likes

Love how it looks :+1: :fire:

1 Like

OMFG brother, in still in awe reading the introduction…
Very well written, nice friends you got there…
Best wishes in your endeavors…
I’ll be tagging along if you don’t mind…

1 Like

@PhilCuisine Beautiful! My pollination of the MTF with BOG Sour Bubble pollen went well, Trichome production is starting to pick up out to the flower leaves, smells of citrus.

@AceHigh :sunglasses: agreed. It’s mesmerizing to look at, hairs are starting to change color, 3 weeks to go. The Orange Tangie is almost ready.

@alwaysnoob Thank you. I’m am editing chapter 2 of 10 for release soon, when I originally released “Baked in Alaska” on OG in 2003 it was removed after speaking with Old Pink and the mods at length because my details were to in depth. The rewrite is taking longer than expected, once complete I’ll put it all together with pictures from this grow and the next MTF’s that are waiting for launch that I received from family in Alaska last year.

12 Likes