Matanuska ThunderFuck served Baked Alaska Style

Those plants have recovered quite well and looking healthy!

The MTF x Sourbubble could be some real fireworks!! :boom: :fist_right:

Alaskagrown

8 Likes

Trichome production is not great on flower leaves, the calix’s have good trichomes, growth has been problematic from the beginning.

Pollination of MTF with BOG Sour Bubble Confirmed seed pictures next update.

MTF’s on far right growing into the light. Orange Tangi on left.

The Orange Tangi has big time Trichome production with 4 weeks to go.
Working crazy overtime for another week, more updates in February.
Be good to yourself.

17 Likes

Looking good my friend, very nice

1 Like

I made a cross too…on just 1 bud site…
Vietnam Thunder Fuck x Bogglegum

15 Likes

Thank you @TopShelfTrees1 it’s turning into a hairy monster.

@PhilCuisine Nice! I wanted to show the seeds this update but they are already covered with more pistols… it’s gone into OverGrow mode. I figure if the seeds are good the cross might increase flower leaf Trichome production, the next grow of MTF reg from Alaska family will make a male and I can grow the Matanuska Thunder BOG at the same time and cross it back with MTF and test the result’s.

13 Likes

10 Likes

15 “YEAR” old pollen! Impresive! Lovely!

Grow4th!!!

4 Likes

Love how it looks :+1: :fire:

1 Like

OMFG brother, in still in awe reading the introduction…
Very well written, nice friends you got there…
Best wishes in your endeavors…
I’ll be tagging along if you don’t mind…

1 Like

@PhilCuisine Beautiful! My pollination of the MTF with BOG Sour Bubble pollen went well, Trichome production is starting to pick up out to the flower leaves, smells of citrus.

@AceHigh :sunglasses: agreed. It’s mesmerizing to look at, hairs are starting to change color, 3 weeks to go. The Orange Tangie is almost ready.

@alwaysnoob Thank you. I’m am editing chapter 2 of 10 for release soon, when I originally released “Baked in Alaska” on OG in 2003 it was removed after speaking with Old Pink and the mods at length because my details were to in depth. The rewrite is taking longer than expected, once complete I’ll put it all together with pictures from this grow and the next MTF’s that are waiting for launch that I received from family in Alaska last year.

12 Likes

Mantanuska Christmas tree!!! That is beautiful thing right there!!!

13 Likes

Vietnam Thunder Fuck…1st. Pix taken last night when lights were off…the rest of pix taken just now…tomorrow will be 5 weeks of flowering…

Seeded bud…I used a 15+ yrs. old Vietnam Black pollen 3wks. ago to pollinate this bud…after a week I didn’t think it took so I pollinated it again with Bogglegum pollen…well, anyway I guess the Vietnam Black was viable because I saw 2-3+ immature seeds before I pollinated it with Bogglegum pollen…

above the pink dot is a more mature Vietnam Black cross seed.

These are all Bogglegum cross seeds, immature

13 Likes

Nice work Phil!

4 Likes

If you have not read chapter one “baked in Alaska” at the opening of this grow, this second chapter won’t make much sense.

Chapter 2

All around me bees buzzing in a hive, the noise gathered in song with a knocking of knuckles on a hollow wood door. A voice from the distance in the darkness speaks, rise and shine we are leaving for Fairbanks in a hour. Opening one eye, fluorescent light flooded in from the unknown room. Electrical ballast hum filled the air as the scent of plant’s became clear, sitting up on the cot and rubbing my face… another knock, I’m up! Tony slowly opened the door to say hello and check on me, he asked if I needed breakfast before we leave. Sounds great, what are we having? Eggs, waffles and fried bologna was his response, a breakfast fit for the kodiak bear. He stepped into the room and approached a table along the wall with three phototrons and opened the doors to expose the incredible plant’s inside. Checking soil and looking over the leaves, I stood up and sat back down immediately with the room spinning and thunder in my belly. I looked up at Tony, he laughed and asked if I was going to be alright. Yeah I need a minute, alcohol and I don’t get along… there was a huge octagon box in the middle of the room made from half inch plywood, unlatching the top, light beamed out of the four foot high homemade grow box with eight plant’s inside.

Standing again I looked inside of paradise grown, giving a weak smile, Becky yelled breakfast was ready and we made our way to the table. Good morning bear paw, they both laughed hard, a puzzled look overtakes my face as Tony tells me about how I knocked out a guy that was bothering his sister by slapping him one time. Memory of the event wasn’t present for me so I chuckled and got tucked in. The food was good but tasted different, the air and water even the sunlight were all new smells and feelings. The silence was broken by Tony reminding me that I had to call home when we get to Fairbanks to meet Blue. Nodding in agreement I heard motors roaring up the driveway to the house, Tony left the table and went out the front door yelling back to Becky that the fuel truck should arrive soon. Getting up from the table I noticed a black leather jacket with kidney belt hanging on the back of the chair, go ahead, try it on… Becky said smiling ear to ear.

Slipping my arms down the flannel lining and snugging it against the back of my neck after pulling my hair out over the collar. Thank you Aunt Becky, fell from my completely surprised mouth. It was comforting to my body and soul, another yell from Tony “hey bear paw, get your ass out here.”. I walked out the door to meet the riders, six beat up bikes and a rusty van were waiting outside. They were all looking at me, still blinded by muted sunlight, I heard, holy shit, it’s a Kodiak Bear… laughing along with the crowd I joined the group to find out several of them served with my Dad and they knew many things about me that made me feel awkward because I didn’t know anything about them. Thank you for the armor as I pulled the jacket closed and zipped it up, Tony motioned to van, he opened the doors to show me a nineteen seventy seven triumph that my father gave to him when he was leaving Alaska in nineteen eighty three. I got misty eyed when it started up first try, driving down the hill to the road and stopped.

My brain was racing faster than my heart, revving the motor, gathering my courage, slowly releasing the clutch… a air horn blasted me out of my frame of mind, the bike jerk stalled, looking directly at a truck wanting access to the driveway, I shivered. A fuel hauler moved up the hill as I pulled out onto the road for my first legacy ride.

Hair flowing with the wind, trees sliding by, it was glorious until a huge bug hit me in the cheek and loss of control followed as I laid the bike down along the shoulder drop off and rolled into a ditch. Pulling my self up to check for injuries a swarm of mosquitoes bigger than I’d seen before gathered around me. Swatting and running from the blood suckers, I grabbed the bike and kept going for a jump on western ride away. Returning to the house I told them what happened as they finished loading plants into the van. We laughed and talked for awhile about other hazards here, the list was long.

After loading my bike into Tony’s truck, Becky and Her cousin left in the van with motorcycles ahead and behind. We went inside and sat on the couch rolling some Maui Waui joints for the journey. Grabbing the packed lunches and headed out to the highway going North, the mountains to the right views were impressive as we passed thru a couple small towns, stopping for gas along the way before approaching the Denali state park. The mountain grew bigger ahead as elevation of the road climbed, ears popping, he told me stories along the way that I only half listened to, my mind was being saturated with so many things at once. Waking up in a new place thrills my thoughts, quickening my pulse with sights and sounds.

We had been driving about two and half hours with more highway ahead. Stopped at a roadside viewing area to smoke and stretch, walking the edge he flipped the zippo open with a snap, sparking it to life in the same motion putting lit to a spliff. He took several hits before passing it to me, then wondered over to a bench, laying down like nap time with a arm over his eyes. I took deep hits and stared at the mountains for awhile, some tourist showed up taking pictures so we moved along. Three hundred and forty miles and several smoke breaks later, we arrived at a house miles off the main road that was a modern ranch two story log cabin. The were 4x4’s, trucks of every size, motorcycles, people everywhere, a band was playing from the top of a RV while drunken figures danced around a massive bon fire singing along with the music.

Tony turned off the truck and grabbed me at the shoulder for attention locking in a steel gaze, he spoke in a low serious tone… when you meet Blue, don’t stare at his balls. He open his door and exiting while maintaining eye contact, speechless, I was trapped in a thought loop, trying to figure out what was just said. He started walking toward the house, jumping out I ran to catch up just in time to be introduced to friends of the family and locals here for the party. There was more smoke coming from the crowd of people than from the fire, I sampled several different joints that were offered and none were the same. Kegs of beer lined the porch on both sides with thick smoke rolling out the top of the open front door, as we set foot on the first step a ominous figure filled the frame of the doorway. Reaching the porch a deep voice boomed out, damn boy you look exactly like your father, stepping out of shadows I noticed his balls were hanging out of a hole cut in his pants. He reached out to biker shake and pulled me close, you aren’t eyeing my balls are you? His eye’s were fire red, penetrating my soul, testing me, looking for me to look away… I did notice they are larger than mine. Tony and Blue burst into laughter along with others close by, come on in you got a phone call to make.

I followed Blue upstairs while Tony was talking to some friends, walking along the railing over looking the living room I could see only couches and chairs with people laughing, talking, yelling, Blue tapped me on the shoulder and we entered a huge room with a large cherry oak desk with ornamental carving and stacks of papers, folders, filing cabinets, multiple type writers, a fax machine and three phones. He sat behind the desk and offered a seat to me, dialing the phone, he put it on speaker as the phone rang several times. Hello? I made it to Blue’s house, he’s here too. Thanks for calling was started to get worried, are you doing OK? I told him about the motorcycle and the jacket, how good it was to see Tony again and then Blue talked to him for a few minute’s. In our good bye’s I promised to call when I get set up in Anchorage, hanging up the phone Blue looked at me and said “let’s go enjoy the harvest celebration!”.

17 Likes

Here’s another one of my homemade cross Matanuska Purple Fuck…

18 Likes

Beautiful color.

2 Likes

Looks absolutely Amazing!

1 Like

Here’s another…Matanuska O’wreck aka: MOW

Matanuska Thunder Fuck x Ogre x Arcata Trainwreck… the lineage are all clone only strains…

Btw, that is a vaporizer pipe not a regular pot pipe…

12 Likes

Awesome vape pipe, got a magneto full of jack Herer wax going right now. How many crosses have you made over the years?

Taking down some middle buds tonight.

10 Likes

MOW

10 Likes