MBV’s Cannagar Tutorial/Discussion

Nice tutorial. I am too lazy to build one myself, I got one of these molds off of etsy, and it works great:

3 Likes

That’s nice kit. It would be nice to get all 3 sizes that would give a good variety option.

3 Likes

I guess there is a marketing opportunity here :grin:

1 Like

i guess I could make a poll? see who is interested in cannagar molds

2 Likes

has anybody been making or smoking cannagars recently?

I’m about to make some for the first time. I got some really amazing resinous fan leaves and large resinous guard leaves from an og kush hybrid line, and I realized it was the perfect time to roll some cannagars using these resinous fans as my leaf.

I laid all the leaves out on a piece of parchment paper, covered it with a second sheet of parchment, and pressed it under a wooden box. the leaves came out perfectly flat, and the resin stuck them together into a sheet.

I think I will be improvising instead of using the traditional method of rolling around a skewer and pressing it in a mold or tying it like a thai stick. These leaves are too stick to wrap in twine, they would pickup fibers. And I think they would just stick to a mold.

Because they are all in one big sheet, it’s actually kind of like a giant blunt wrap. it’s about the same proportions as a broken up swisher sweet, but it’s about the size of a piece of printer paper.

I think I will just fill it with ground bud and hash, and roll it up like a giant blunt. Then I’ll let it cure a few months, and cut it into blunt sized pieces.

I’ll try to roll it tight, but if that doesn’t work I think I can wrap it in parchment and tie it like the traditional method.

6 Likes

That was going to be my suggestion. :+1::seedling:

2 Likes

The parchment is probably a good option.
I use this
https://overgrow.com/uploads/default/original/3X/d/5/d55ca72296776e2acf60316864a4179b1c8fd4ba.jpeg
Polyester type breathable material. Then I place it in a mason jar and a hygrometer to cure like I do buds. If needed, add a boost or boveda pack.

3 Likes

Thanks for bumping this. Also thanks to @MBVapester for creating the topic of course! Plan on making a couple of these to keep on hand. Special occasion or gift for friends sort of thing.

3 Likes

Very good read, lots if info and different techniques. I’m gonna try a few, ive never made a cannagar with ground weed, I’ve always done it more than stick style. Dip a bud and stick it, wrap it up and cure it. Then unwrap it and repeat 3 or 4 tomes woth dipped bud applications, then the same thing woth the leaves. I’ve always used whole leaves too and cured in between each leaf wrap. I cure for a week invitees each application, so that’s usually 3 bud applications and 3 leaf applications. That’s around 6 weeks to assemble one then it gets the final completed cure. It’s a fairly tome consuming way of doing it in comparison I’m seeing
(Edited with some pics. No particular order)

8 Likes

Grind it, pack it, leave it be a few hours or days…
Wrap it, cure it, Smoke it.

I’d say keep cureing the leaves the same as you do now. The only difference would be how the “core” is made. Otherwise the same process.

3 Likes

Bookmarked, gonna have to try this at least once on my own, if I like it well enough it will become what I bring to bbqs.

3 Likes

So… ain’t been around in awhile and have a 3d printer now. Went to grab the files from thingiverse for the 1x1 cannagar up above, and they’re down now. Anyone have the stls that I can get from em? Might just go create my own in fusion360.

6 Likes

Not the same stl but here’s one I snagged from cults3d a few days ago, printing it atm

5 Likes

Yea I saw that, but doesn’t suit my needs… so I designed a parametric one… I’ll be releasing it soon.

4 Likes

So… I went and did a thing…

1 Like

Here is one of the 3d printed molds working great…

Edit 2 year old pressed ylly leafs. Rum and sugar for glue, and animal cookies for fill. :yum:

8 Likes

Did you rehydrate the leaves with anything before the rum and sugar? Did you dip/soak em in the rum mix? Sorry. About to wrap mine and I want the best chance of success.

2 Likes

I never tried rum and sugar, but did a spritz with water on a damp cloth until they were workable, but I’m sure the quick rum soak would work. Doesn’t take too much to rehydrate them :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m gonna try it tonight after the kids go to bed. Except, mine will be Jameson and sugar.

2 Likes

Right on have fun! Thanks again for sharing the mold stl, the thing really works great! Planning on making another one for a camping trip coming up :smile:

2 Likes