METAL HEADS unite 🤘

I’ve probably listened to dopesmoker by sleep 1,000 times. I used to listen to it every day at night when I would get home from work.

I love king diamond and mercyful faith, they don’t get enough credit in America. I read that the reason the band broke up was their record deal was so shitty king diamond went solo just to make more money. That broke my heart we could have had like 5 more mercyful faith albums.

Check out spirit adrift. They aren’t stoner rock per se but they had the mid tempo heavy rock/grief style down with quality clean vocals.

I started listening to Metal when Metallicas “Ride the Lightning” came out. I am and always will be kind of old school when it comes to my Music. My Faves are:
Venom
Old Celtic Frost
Motorhead
“Kill em all” era Metallica
80’s Slayer
AC/DC
Ozzy era Black Sabbath
All Godflesh
Also love my Punk rock:
Misfits
Minor Treat
FEAR
Sex Pistols
The Damned

Some other ones I really like:
Church of Misery
High on fire
BackSlider
Beastmaker
Corrosion of Conformity
Iron Monkey
lair of the minotaur
Satan’s Saytars

If there are any of those bands you have not heard of I suggest you check them out. They are all great.

1 Like

I just burned through some vale of pnath. They check all the boxes for me. Guitar sweeps check, death vocals, multiple guitar solos on every track check, black metal backing vocals, bolero parts, classical guitar. This shit is nuts. I think blacker than even has glockenspiel. Good get dude. This is going in the rotation.

1 Like

My kids daycare called me one day and they are like your daughter keeps singing this song that’s like I need your skull I want to put it on my wall. We just felt like we should tell you she’s not in trouble. I just hung up the phone and threw horns in the mirror.

1 Like

Brutal thread man. This griz thrashes to the symphony of brutality and the girls in the tent get their daily dose of Megadeth and Slayer.
My best plants are off the peace sells album.
And dystopia is looking like another winner.
As for the supremely heavy I turn to Entombed, left hand path.
I love a bit of five finger death punch to get through five o’clock traffic.
I’ve gotta give mention also to the adult swim show metalocalypse.

yeah this is good shit good recommend

1 Like

Gets my highest recommendation, lace the albums if you can the pacing is really good.

The touring band of metalocalypse is fucking dope. They have gene hogan from death on drums. Like I consider them a great band.

1 Like

So I was listening to this the other day, I bet king diamond listened to the screamy part at the end and was like if I make the whole song this part it will melt face. Then he formed merciful faith in rural Scandinavia.

Also lol at downing dressed like he’s in leneard skynard

lmao merciful FATE , gene HOGLAN.

He’s definitely one of my favourite drummers. Has so many styles.

Sweet! I was thinking over the weekend that I should make this thread so kudos to who was the that did that.

I myself love all kind of music but metal and it’s sub genres are have been a huge favorite since I was a kid.

I was in a band in high school. We were like hardcore ‘beatdown’ style… I really enjoyed it but creative differences and hard drugs tore us apart while we’re recording our first EP deal with a small label. I definitely miss those old days hearing people sing my lyrics back to me and jumping into crowds.

These days I don’t go to a lot of shows but I want to start again. There’s a venue about a mile down the road but there schedule doesn’t have anything great coming up. Suicide Silence was there in December but I had to work.

@BloodyAxe I totally agree… Psychedelics and metal shows aren’t PB&J! Also agree with the Meshuggah opinion. Lol

@Swayze I’m surprised I didn’t see Red Fang on that list. We should formally a band named The Swayze Express! :smile:

Sorry bro I’m not the speller, I know it’s irritating.

Dude get back in the game. With people recording into laptops you don’t even have to be in the same place as the rest of the band. There’s never enough good metal drummers.

Kolias is awesome. Nile is hit or miss live but he’s always super tight.

they are rad as fuck! seem em once… but like i said the list goes on and on haha

1 Like

Hell ya man! Right on! I can’t wait til they come back home to the mile high state and do a show.