MethodAnon’s Grow Log

I really wanted to order the Cherry AK’s and others, but wasn’t feeling the available freebies… I was torn between that, or Katsu Seeds… Bubba S1’s till I saw he had a deal on His AK47 F3’s that just look deadly… He will give 15 beans instead of 10, and a full pack of… well…

" INDEPENDENCE DAY SPECIAL: Every AK47 pack will be a FAT PACK (15 seeds instead of 10) and come with a FREE FULL PACK of Sour Green Bubba (Black Lime Bubba x Pre98 Bubba Kush) 6 fem seeds (ends July 5th EOD)"

And was about to pull the trigger till I wondered if any other place had Bodhi Gear, even at original price to get those Strawberry Master’s… I just googled “Master Kush Bodhi Freebies” and came up to this site, Breeders Direct Seed Co… they were $50 each, and noticed they had a list of freebies to choose from and MK × S was on it, so I rushed to find 2 packs that interested me, or at least Knew others would be interested in for trading at the least… everything I clicked on sold out… go to page 2 and see MoP, and I shake my head… click on it, “1 in stock”… added it, and my heart started pounding wondering if someone can beat me to it… 22 Master Kush seeds in my cart I hurry and put the first one in stock, and that was Grape Pie × G13/HP… it gave me so many options to pay, I just picked the one that seemed the quickest… so picked G Pay as I even had a few dollars in it and my card saved on it… then I get emailed that GPay didn’t allow them to send invoices anymore, and if I wanted to pay an other way… Long story short, I asked her to cancel the order, because I was snooping around to see what else they had, and I had to have that other freebie, so…

2 Likes

Also… The list of freebies…

Almost wanted to pick GG4 × 88G13/HP to compare to Brother’s Grimm Grimm Gluey.(Gluey × G-13 Airborne.[Edit… It’s actually “Eleventh Hour” not Grimm Gluey… GGy uses c99, not G13/HP aka Airborne"]… which im sure is the same, but his Herms easily… which he says is not a GG4…

1 Like

Sorry for double posting… Wow, that’s alot of plant…beautiful… You haven’t flipped yet, right? Or yes? Oh, yeah, 2 tents… If it were me, I’d let them veg a few more days, but with the light a little closer to keep the nodes from stretching too much, but nah this is fine… lol, and yea a cloner works great… I used to just use Rockwool cubes without the holes… I like them to be real snugg… with a drop of flower notes and dip the cuts in great white… I always presoak my cubes in water for 24 hours before I add my clone mix, but with a cloner, you don’t even need a dome or heat… it does help tho…

Socal Master would take double the time than anything else to clone, and very slow vegger…

I’m shocked by how well LEDs work per watt… I’m thinking of 400w…ish… might wait for prime day… I like to grow closer to winter, but I will be prepared :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That’s quite a full tent! What’s your humidity like in flower, particularly later in flower?
The perlite grow is pretty interesting too, curious what makes you like it? Definitely works well for ya!

2 Likes

Humidity is running about 63 right now. House central air is on. I do have a dehumidifier in the room that can pretty quickly pull the surrounding room humidity down to like 50%, so I’ll be turning that bad boy on every morning as we get later into flowering. Humidity does concern me, has me wondering if I should do a strong defoliation at 2 weeks…

As for perlite, well I like it because it provides so much oxygen to the roots, but will still wick just enough water/nutes for young plants who’s roots haven’t hit the resovoir yet. I’m sure I could add some vermiculite or coco and like it just as much, but this is how I started and it works so well. Plus it’s real easy to order a big ass bag from Amazon every 3 grows.

Oh, and no bug concerns…ever!

The hempy bucket system itself is awesome man. All the benefits of hydro but no pumps leaks power outage concerns etc etc. Just gotta water every day and find a way to deal with that runoff (shop vac.)

4 Likes

was the humidity about the same for your last grow? im getting super worried about my humidity, especially days like today that its been 80%+ all day outside and even the home AC and the dehumidifier rated for 2x the basement area cant keep it below like 45-50 in the lung room which translates to spikes to 55%ish in the tent…
And have you broken down the perlite cloning anywhere or do you know if anyone else has? it it just as stright forward as 2 cups 1 with holes and stick 'er in the perlite with some water in the bottom cup…?
might try that for a clone or 3 coming up, i have mixed luck with grow media or peat

2 Likes

Looking great brother!

After watching you these couple of months I want to eventually try a hempy bucket, you sure make it an appealing method. Although I did just buy enough soil for a few grows haha.

My experience is limited but I personally wouldn’t be sweating a ton being at 55% spikes if you have good air circulation and keeping an eye on it, but I’m very much a new grower.

2 Likes

I agree with Organical, if my RH was 55 max I would be breathing easy. I get nervous as it approaches 70, but even then no panic.
And yes my humidity was the same last time, always about 70 when I opened the tent in the morning and then did something about it, pulling it down to sub-60.

The perlite cloning experiment in solos is basically just a mini hempy bucket with a cutting thrown in. Just 1 cup, hole drilled 1.5 inches from the bottom, filled with perlite and then half strength nute water until it shoots out of the hole in the cup. Throw the cutting in and leave it alone for a week, then add nute water again until it shoots out of the hole. So far its 1 for 1 but I can’t vouch for the whole method yet.

3 Likes

My understanding is that yes, high humidity and low air flow will result in bud rot. But usually not the humidity that gets you, it’s the swings. As humidity changes rapidly, there is mass microbe die off. They quickly repopulate, but the had stuff tend to repopulate a bit faster than beneficials. Have seen bud rot at 40 percent, and clean plants at 70.

Sure do love hempy buckets! Running coco, usually Tupur.

3 Likes

Do it bro. Start with just 1 bucket and see what you think. In my opinion everyone should try it once, just the experience will increase gardening skill. It’s interesting giving the plant literally everything it needs via bottled nutes. I used dirt a decade+ ago and I always had a little fear when I gave nutes, I really kind of depended on the nutrients that came in the dirt. By the end of flower my plants were all yellow. If I ever go back to soil I think I’ll be better at it.

4 Likes

That’s good to know man, I didn’t know that.

1 Like

you’ll regret waiting…

this! one of the many strengths of hempy…you need so little to get started

3 Likes

For the Perilite do you use the large kernel or doesn’t really matter as long as you wash it first to remove all the extra dust

3 Likes

I’ve always used the larger kernel (coarse grade,) but I’m not sure it matters to be honest. This is the stuff I typically buy;

3 Likes

Clones moved into buckets in the veg tent, everything is in it’s forever home.

I didn’t end up needing the “hempy solo cup” clones, but I did pull them up to check for roots, and they did indeed have roots. The cloning method works.

8 Likes

Yeah I think I will brother, when these Redline’s are getting closer to done, I will put together something for 1 hempy bucket to do alongside some soil ones. You know I’m in it for the learning as much as the good weed!

2 Likes

Had one available bucket, (I decided not to keep one of the clones,) so I’m popping one of these. Fingers crossed it’s a female.

8 Likes

Day 14 of 12/12. I’ve chopped alot of fan leaves off of these plants over the past couple days and it’s revealed a nice little second level canopy.

14 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that they were smaller than they seemed… the leaves just made them look bushier… I’d prob supercrop all the leading heads, and let some of the lowers catch up…

If any of you BGS fans, more packs at half off from an already low price…

2 Likes

Your plants loving it.

2 Likes