Micro Growing with Mr.Sparkle *2018 Part 2of2*

Day 29/15

The left side has been needing a res change and feed increase for awhile but whatever. Also not sure if ill be running them to finish which would be another 4-5ish weeks.

12 Likes

FYI, I have my eye on the Divyder on the lower right :wink:

7 Likes

Yeah they are all about to take off.

and back right gonna take a guess and say its gonna be male but really just a guess at this point

5 Likes

Yeah just took a closer look, back left is a lady, front right looks like a lady but isn’t quite showing yet, and back right is definitely a boy, the laggard is undetermined so far

3 Likes

Day 31/17

For how far along the DD f1’s are its making me question the date above, as they took awhile to get going and me throwing them under some good light, so maybe another 4-5sh days could be tacked on, didn’t keep track cause they were just testers… guess i learnt from that… so should make notes even if testers or what seems inconsequential as you never know what may happen.

ALso will possibly up the feed on the left side tonight, been a bit to much LITFA lol.

I’ll get a better shot this weekend.

TDC seedling the other three will be joining it tomorrow, as they are popped just have to open up and go green.

The male that showed up of @ReikoX Divyders, gonna let it run out some more forsure, stature is small but also small pots so will have to see if they start taking off in the next week or so, they are pushing side branch growth at the moment so we should see changes this week.

13 Likes

Collecting pollen off that little male no doubt?

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well figured i should up the feed on the left side, but at around 950-980ppm it should of been better than they were, so decided to give a pH check, was in the the 7.0-7.2 pH range guess that would do it lol.

Two compounding things would of led me here, one is the spare hose feeding back into the reservoir, that would of caused a lot more aeration helping raise the pH and adding oxygen for the second factor. That being that i had a little slime/algae growth on the previous res fill before this last one. At the time i noticed but just added some more calcium hypochlorite to knock that down as “testers and ain’t care”. Did a clean on this last res fill but the coco probably still needed to be stabilized with say any potential algae growth still in it.

Swapped both sides and upped the feed to 1100ppm for the time being.

Now that were at this stage might as well show it for others, so i moved a couple of the plants around for better picture taking for the yellow most leaf in the cab. It didn’t want to come off with a decent tug today so the plant definitely still is trying to hold on to it.

So i took a picture of it and a general shot of another plant, lets watch how they improve, or “should improve” would be more accurate as we will have to see what happens.

Yellow most leaf for starting reference,

and a general shot of another plant

11 Likes

love your work whats your thaughts on autoflowers regular seeds?

1 Like

seeds are seeds, whether photo, auto, fem, or regular they all grow nice plants and have their purposes.

7 Likes

Looking fire bud. Can’t wait to see the closet get done.

2 Likes

My tap is 8pH, pool shock and megacrop up to ~1100ppm brings pH down to about 5.2-5.3, 4 drops of pH up and I’m in the 5.8 range, I’m surprised to see your pH so high using practically the same feeding regime.

Btw I’ve been keeping track of the effectiveness of the calcium hypochlorite since algae has been pretty much a constant since day one for me, and I’ve worked out that the shock loses efficacy in killing algae and fungus at about day 4.

1 Like

@TrevorLahey, what concentration of pool shock do you use?

2 Likes

yeah after about 4-5 days it needs a refresh

@HappyHemper about 20ppm worth but thats calculated not on a ppm meter

3 Likes

Day 33/19/2

kinda looks like the left side is greening up a bit gonna do another res change tomorrow possibly, only did a partial fill this last time anyways.

So im two and two on male/female on @ReikoX Divyders, plucked some of the bigger pollen sacs on the bigger male. I just wanted to extend growing time as they look like they just hit second gear today, so i just want to see how the male’s grow out. I wasn’t planning to hit these DD f1’s with pollen, i could but im thinking i want to grow out some of the females first to see what im getting into and if it would be a fun plant to mix in.

Saying that i am leaving on a shortish notice trip in about a month, and may just chop or shut down what i have going while im away for ease and not having to worry about things when im gone even if im setup to have things go that long, but we will see.

Also got a nice can of Dehydrated water today from @Northern_Loki will have to put the other contents to good use once i get some photos going in the new closet.

PS. I question my life’s choices every day lol

Just wanted to share the stubby nature of the smallest DD f1, what happens when you stunt them on the start but they power through anyways, amazes me though that its only from 150ml/5oz of coco. Stature wise and from my old pc grows its not gonna surprise me if i yield 7-10+ grams off these little ones, really jsut doing them for fun at this stage.

And a bit of work on the closet, got my corner cap pieces cut, but just need to align, mount, and get how they are gonna sit all worked out, slow but in time.

16 Likes

@ReikoX Divyders chugging along at day 20, will be interesting to see what they do in the next week as they are starting to get going, there just an inch or two behind where the DDf1’s were at this stage. Also got rid of the runt male, the bigger one may follow shortly but just cause im not planning to pollinate anything this round, idea was to collect pollen, but ill jsut runt he females out so the DD f’1s don’t get seeded.

12 Likes

I would guess they will stretch for another week or so, then start bulking up. Three weeks is about when I normally see sex, so they seem on track!

5 Likes

Day 35/21/4

So i did a “little” plucking on the mini’s, it wasn’t needed, but it opens them up and allows others to get a better look at them :wink:

Also moved things around and removed the one remaining male as it was gonna start dropping some pollen in a couple days.

Guess not bad considering the 150ml/5oz of coco.

18 Likes

Just caught back up So love what your doing. So wicked cool. Keep up the inspiring work.

5 Likes

Lol noticed, thought you were gonna run out of likes haha

5 Likes

I had to spread them out :wink: Still jazzed about your cabs

3 Likes