Micro Growing with Mr.Sparkle *2018 Part 2of2*

They grew up so much since you were gone. A true testament to the quality of your design and methods.

Regarding the space concerns, would it not be possible to remove the reservoirs and hand water until harvest? Or is that breaking the rules? :wink:

3 Likes

oh a definitely could, and honestly iā€™ll probably do so in the last week or so for the blue dreams, but the plants on the right will be fine, also will finish sooner.

3 Likes

You donā€™t have any seeds growing in there do youā€‹:thinking::wink:

2 Likes

Shhh! Donā€™t jinx them!

2 Likes

Speaking of drag racingā€¦ that update pic is a top-fuel funny car and iā€™m rockin a pinto with big rear tires. :neutral_face: Ouch.

as always, :thumbsup:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Heard some wordage from lucy in chat that some people were having issues when i was away but havenā€™t looked into it yet, the one BlueDreamatic is doing one thing that could be mistaken for herm issues but ive seen it before, and if i hadnā€™t id be highly concerned.

What mine or the one more so than the other is doing, is a calyx stacking/growing weirdness. What happens is new shoots literally burst forth from calyxs, alien chestburster style, so calyx swells and then a whole whack load of new calyxs come out of it with typically longer spacing for the stem, Definitely not a trait i like, but ive seen it.

Now when this is going on due to the stacking leaves also form in them the same way and what ive seen is they start off yellow due to lack of light and size and such and is you dissected these calyxes these leaves look damn similar to starting pollen sacs.

Now i donā€™t know if this is what others are experiencing but if i hadnā€™t seen this before id be worried and possibly freaking out, either way its a bad genetic trait for us.

Iā€™ll take a further look into what has happened to others but i can also post some pics of mine, if you would like ?

1 Like

Sounds great any info you can give i would appreciate, could this be what your talking about

2 Likes

No bit different than that but im always cautious on the other end of the spectrum than most, to make sure what im seeing is actually pollen sacs, as i have been fooled many of times, and a couple of your upper ones looks like the starting stages of that weird growth ive seen before but your eyes in person is better than my own over the internet.

Iā€™ll grab some closes ups BRB

2 Likes

Awesome thanks my man, I took to the side of caution and pulled it anyway, because i canā€™t take the chance of ruining my breeding projects but this was not the BDM fyi, this was one of my breed , so maybe itā€™s is the weird alien trait, but it was too close for my comfort hehe

@Hoodini the mutant inner calyx stacking on the back left Blue Dreamatic, but ive seen this before on other plants, but worth sharing for info purposes. But zoom in one these pictures to take a closer look.

Also just to add some info for others and @Lucy247420 :wink:

here is a lower shot on the other blue dream, these calyxs look seeded by how swollen they are but they arenā€™t, always a good reason to give a check with some tweezers if your unsure.

9 Likes

Well Iā€™ll be a monkeys uncle, thanks for that amazing insight, wow thatā€™s crazy, definitely looks seeded lol

1 Like

Reason why i said i err on the other side of the spectrum than most when i comes to making sure.

Been fooled so many times.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m glad to have a friend and mentor like you my man, if your feeling frisky stop over at my solar ghetto grow thread and check out my test faze of what I put together (half assed lol)

1 Like

will do, iā€™ll be catching up this week on all the threads ive been following ā€œyours tooā€ now that im home

Manual like override mr. Sparks Iā€™ll be looking forward to your drop in :v::grin::wink:

Usually donā€™t throw on flash in my photos, but yeah, they are getting there

GSCxDD

TDC

11 Likes

Almost every plant iā€™ve ran has this at base of every branch, I thought it was normal lol. Never found any seeds in those swollen calyxs either, so I for sure thought it was normal lol.

Thanks for the info :wink:

2 Likes

I didnā€™t see that with the Bluedreamatics I have grown so far but did see it on a Blue Cheeseā€¦calyxes building upon each other to form spires -more so on the upper colas than lower but still cool to see though it sucks smoking

1 Like

well that sounds more like foxtailing which is very similar and quite common, i tend to get it in more sativa influenced strains. But the above mentioned trait seems to produce more stem than bud when all is said and done.

I really gotta add that thereā€™s a thin line between ā€œerring on the side of cautionā€ and ā€œlitfaā€.

Iā€™ve learned not to jump to conclusions, but also that those traits can be indicative of intersexing and if left unchecked too long to ā€œerr on the side of cautionā€ it can be disastrous.

Diligence and testing and even sacrificing the odd calyx to see whatā€™s inside is the only way to know for sure, and even then itā€™s easy to be fooled. Nanners/pollen sacs can form in the strangest places and can even disguise themselves as pistils and new leaf growth.

Glad to see itā€™s just a mutation @Mr.Sparkle our plants can do some strange things sometimes.

Maybe if you show them pics of my plants it will push them over the edge and theyā€™ll start growing guy bits haha

5 Likes