Misterbee's Pre-Winter Mini Giveaway Advance Notification!

^ This makes sense, i hadn’t thought of that. I’m at an age where i avoid the adrenaline rush.

1 Like

Remember: That’s just a game!

4 Likes

I appreciate the occasional chaos, but D-A-N-G, that has to be most chaotic in OG’s history!! I hasten to predict what the planned “60 - 75 Member Annual Winter Giveaway” is going to be like. We might have to get Interpol involved!! All it takes is a “slow down approach”, really. Them beans ain’t going anywhere. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

All this confusion can also be avoided if people follow the rules set out at the start and don’t over write other people. The systems even warns you when you are about to over write someone. It’s not hard to just click cancel when the overwrite warning comes up.

5 Likes

It happens it’s a learning experience but it also causes unneeded stress and anxiety for others, along with more work for those reviewing the edits like you mention. Did you see the link that @LzBoy posted earlier up in the thread? It’s helpful in understanding how the edits function. That’s not just for you, there were a number of overwrites for this wiki. I will say that I got a laugh when going back looking through the wikis only to see one member overwrite others, and then on the very next edit another member overwrote them!

I’m not saying this to be hard on you or scold you or whatever but to share the effect it has on others. Time is sacred y’know? It’s respect to ourselves and others how we interact in shared spaces and such.

I don’t like being overwritten so much that sometimes when I’m editing and I know that I have priority and towards the end of the edit someone else’s icon appears and begins to edit, I discard my own spot that I waited for just to avoid the mess and such. I’ll only edit a slot that I don’t even see another icon in the edit box the entire duration of my edit, even if I’m the first one in. And by first one in I mean I open the edit and wait a few seconds in case myself and another user are opening the box at the same time and there is potential delay in that regard. As if I’m opening the edit door and scanning the room, ok nobody else is here which gives me the priority to edit and proceed. Much love

4 Likes

And for the love of all things good in the world, read the wiki etiquette thread. Every person who overwrote another would have been warned by the system before they saved. It’s all laid out with pictures in the wiki etiquette thread.

9 Likes

I love the giveaway @misterbee the ensuing chaos can only be observed from the sidelines though

5 Likes

Varactu nictu!

1 Like

Might have to resort to some updated Rules changes. I kept seeing Names disappear, then the Numbers started running amok. I almost abandoned ship, but thought the situation would stabilize. That’s a good idea you suggest, THANKS for your input. Now to figure how to match up 75 Strains/Varieties with 75 Names. I would let the members making the List pick a desired Strain/Variety from another List…pure “Cluster”. If this is an indication of how things might progress, forget that approach!! You might be right, indeed. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Thank you for the giveaway @misterbee
It’s off to an exciting start :smiley:

1 Like

Well that was wild! Was waiting on standby for a half hour and when noon rolled around I got pulled into a work emergency. Haha. There’s some hungry hungry hippos out here

1 Like

This one considering it’s limited availability surely had the potential to rival the great wiki debacle Spring of '23, the Temple Flo signup. 450 or so edits for 150 spots! I’d imagine it was about the same 25 spots in. Much love

1 Like

"WHAT’S DAT???" SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

TBH I have been wondering for a long time why not just open a poll and take the first x people to vote? I think they show up in order of appearance.

5 Likes

That’s a unique approach and idea, very cool! A dibs vs no dibs poll has potential if votes are recorded by time of submission. Much love

1 Like

While all this is hanging in suspense, I opened an Envelop containing some ICE CREAM HASH PLANT(P/R) Seeds. The FIRST FIVE DIBBERS will receive a Flip of SIX/6…SS/BW…mister :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

dibs please and thanks

2 Likes

Dibs please

2 Likes

Dibs and some

3 Likes