Misterbee's Pre-Winter Mini Giveaway Advance Notification!

All those that wiped out others, THEY ARE ELIMINATED, fair is fair!! All were forewarned, we all should agree. In my Giveaways, I trust the members to police themselves. I’ll close the Wiki, get it sorted out, Dough can them let us know how many Slots are open. Once those bumped are placed BACK on the List, any open slots will be open for Wiki. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: SPECIAL SPECIAL NOTE: @DougDawson, you have access if I close the Wiki?

16 Likes

This is the worst edit history I have ever seen. Some people will get disqualified multiple times.

2 Likes

Just leaving the post. Treasure inbound @misterbee

1 Like

Some of those edits are people putting their names back on the list, so it won’t be as bad

1 Like

Hey @misterbee from what I can see in the like first 50 edits is the following. Hope it helps.

killabud
juicyfruitman
allotment
→ deleted by coffin_dodger

coffin_dodger
cormoran
→ deleted by krommm

onepassionategrower
krommm
→ deleted by killabud

cormoran
coffin_dodger
→ deleted by jim

natea
→ deleted by myrtlegrounds

myrtlegrounds
drevil
→ deleted by gimme5minutes

pawsfodocaws
onepassionategrower
kevinmalone
→ deleted by jammakecan

then → gimme5minutes fucked up everything and entered three times?

another weird looking edit in between…

ledzepplin and my @ sign
→ deleted by scootsmcgoot122

juicyfruitman
→ deleted by tao

9 Likes

No worries. I am fixing a machine that is hard down now and then have a meeting with a department manager and Director of IT but will be home in 4 hours and will go through all the edits.

9 Likes

Let us all be thankful i’m not in charge of figuring out anything technological😁 thanks @DougDawson

3 Likes

And you know how edits history works. Trust you on that :smiley: If help to decipher is needed I’m in

My smoke alarm went on while I checked the edits. It was even more exciting than entering. Luckily the pot was still empty. Now back to trying to cook. :joy:

2 Likes

Hi @misterbee , you’re very kind to do this!

Note that alll this wiki confusion can be avoided if the signup is over a 24 hr. period. Like @DougDawson does it. No rushing, so minimal overwrites.
Then use a Random Number Generator to pick 25 winners out of all the signups (for example 200).

4 Likes

But we like the rush! ADRENALINE!

2 Likes

^ This makes sense, i hadn’t thought of that. I’m at an age where i avoid the adrenaline rush.

1 Like

Remember: That’s just a game!

4 Likes

I appreciate the occasional chaos, but D-A-N-G, that has to be most chaotic in OG’s history!! I hasten to predict what the planned “60 - 75 Member Annual Winter Giveaway” is going to be like. We might have to get Interpol involved!! All it takes is a “slow down approach”, really. Them beans ain’t going anywhere. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

12 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

All this confusion can also be avoided if people follow the rules set out at the start and don’t over write other people. The systems even warns you when you are about to over write someone. It’s not hard to just click cancel when the overwrite warning comes up.

5 Likes

It happens it’s a learning experience but it also causes unneeded stress and anxiety for others, along with more work for those reviewing the edits like you mention. Did you see the link that @LzBoy posted earlier up in the thread? It’s helpful in understanding how the edits function. That’s not just for you, there were a number of overwrites for this wiki. I will say that I got a laugh when going back looking through the wikis only to see one member overwrite others, and then on the very next edit another member overwrote them!

I’m not saying this to be hard on you or scold you or whatever but to share the effect it has on others. Time is sacred y’know? It’s respect to ourselves and others how we interact in shared spaces and such.

I don’t like being overwritten so much that sometimes when I’m editing and I know that I have priority and towards the end of the edit someone else’s icon appears and begins to edit, I discard my own spot that I waited for just to avoid the mess and such. I’ll only edit a slot that I don’t even see another icon in the edit box the entire duration of my edit, even if I’m the first one in. And by first one in I mean I open the edit and wait a few seconds in case myself and another user are opening the box at the same time and there is potential delay in that regard. As if I’m opening the edit door and scanning the room, ok nobody else is here which gives me the priority to edit and proceed. Much love

4 Likes

And for the love of all things good in the world, read the wiki etiquette thread. Every person who overwrote another would have been warned by the system before they saved. It’s all laid out with pictures in the wiki etiquette thread.

9 Likes

I love the giveaway @misterbee the ensuing chaos can only be observed from the sidelines though

5 Likes

Varactu nictu!

1 Like