MoBillys Forevermore Green Room Thread (Part 2)

Good morning Mo, good morning OG’s. Went for a walk in the woods this morning. Saw a big red tail hawk with a squirrel in his talons fly past me.:+1:t2:

8 Likes

I love those moments!
:+1:t4:
Good morning my friend.

4 Likes

Absolutely!!! I can get down with anything… but rap or country… (both have lame drum lines) rap is completely fake and assisted by computers

2 Likes

out likes, but yes I want to hear some of your bluegrass @MoBilly , the picking is crazy, chicken picking I know a little from slash

4 Likes

I love nature, I had a mom and her baby under a tree in my front yard. She was teaching it to hunt. They were eating something. I couldn’t get out the door without scaring them off.

2 Likes

@Terpsnpurps
What about freestyle jazz? A drummer can have a lot of fun in that genre.

2 Likes

Man i know 1 thing… bluegrass picking… fiddle picking… all that…

Blows the doors off of any rock or metal guitarist… the notes and speed and accuracy… is unrivaled!!

The only 1 even close to that type of guitar playing has to be eddie van halen

2 Likes

Jazz is awesome! Its a step above my level of talent… Jazz fusion and like u said freestyle jazz… is a whole other world… timing is impeccable…

That drummer from TOOL has major jazz influences… thats why its so hard! Lol

If you can play jazz you can play anything

5 Likes

I love me some Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs picking.

5 Likes

1 day man… we gotta all get together and smoke out and play music… record it and post on og

2 Likes

I consider myself a passable guitarist now. I can hang out with the real pickers without interfering with the sound but just now days.
I have the early stages of Dupuytren Contracture in my hands and feet. They say my playing will be impossible someday but I do painful stretches all throughout the day to keep my fingers from deforming.
It slows me down considerably from what I used to be able to pull off with my guitar.
It is what it is though and I still play every day. I’ll deal with the aftermath of not being able to play when that time comes around. If I have anything to say about it, I’ll be playing a long time yet.

Bet everything you have on that.

5 Likes

For drummers. I like Tool. But my favorite is/was John Bonham from Led Zeppelin. His son is no sloch either.
Also Rush and ELP. Carl Palmer is a bad mofo.
Classic Rock Rules!!!

5 Likes

Zeppelin was the BOMB!
Sorry. inappropriate a little?
lol

6 Likes

Oh yeah man… john bonham …niel peart … were my very 1st influences…

Led zeppelin was what i tried playing the 1st time i ever sat on the drums…

The whole entire led zep 4 album… actually 1 through 4.

Rush it was the moving pictures album and 2112…

I religiously practiced them every day for at least 6 hours a day

@BigMike55

2 Likes

Lmao you aint right !!! :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

Jason bonham is the ONLY person who can sound at all like John…

He had a cheat sheet though! Lol :laughing:

1 Like

Worse has been said than that.
:rofl:

1 Like

Want some good classic rock drumming?? Check out this music right here.

5 Likes

My absolute favorite drumming right there!
Turn that s$%t up and feel it through your body!!!

4 Likes

I can play a whole lotta zeppelin brother :+1:

My brother was a bassist… he would be the reason i started all of it… i was being influenced by zeppelin by the age of 10 … sabbath as well

2 Likes