MoBillys Forevermore Green Room Thread (Part 2)

Good morning @MoBilly

So your uncle would have stopped you from spraying the bottom with wd40?

2 Likes

Morning all!

4 Likes

I think that old Chevy probably dropped enough oil to lube up the field pretty good. lol

4 Likes

Good morning 420noob! Hope you are doing well enough today. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks @mobilly

These are about the best chances of rain we get :rofl:.

3 Likes

we used to run the barrel pattern using a quatre horses tie 20 feet or so of rope to the horn and set your but in a grain shovel and squint

2 Likes

In the 1960ā€™s we would steal the lid off a trash can, knock the handle off and use that to fly down the hills in the snow.
Heck, even a busted up cardboard box works in a pinch.

8 Likes

Remember those 20ā€™ metal slides we used to have in playgrounds? When we lived in Ft. Reilly Kansas the local playground was just outside our living room window. My brothers and I would snag some of moms wax paper. Then weā€™d go out and slide down that metal slide with the wax paper under our butts. After about 20 or 30 trips down that thing it was amazingly fast!!! Then weā€™d go back inside and watch some unsuspecting kid to come along and take a ride on the slide from hell! Then weā€™d laugh our asses off at the kid coming off so fast they looked like a flat stone skipping on a calm lake. Thatā€™s an exaggeration a little. It was more like hitting the bottom and feet planting solid but the body keeps going on for a good roll or two.
:rofl:
Good times.

7 Likes

Yeahā€¦ I remember those well. I hated them. In the middle of summer you could get a pretty serious burn from those slides. enough to make blisters. Did I say I hated them???

4 Likes

Yeah. Theyā€™d take the hide right off the back of your legs. We carried towels out to sit on when it got scorching hot. The wax really worked good on hot days though. lol

5 Likes

Good morning everyone! I hope yall are having a great day so far!

3 Likes

Reminds me of Wisconsinā€¦a four wheelerā€¦o rope with a sled attached and a frozen lakeā€¦good times, thanks for sharing your memories

5 Likes

Fall
Spring
Winter
Summer are my favorites, in that order.
If it were up to me, we could do away with summer, and remove it from the list.

4 Likes

Yes, dad used to pull us around on a car hood with his tractor.
Tractors turn sharp. He could sling you off and send you tumbling through the snow.

5 Likes

We did snowmobiles and plastic sleds. Wow did we get hurt and watch out for turning corners by trees. Pine trees to the back sucks lol.

6 Likes

I will take your word for that. We never hit the trails with anything faster than a draft horse. lol

3 Likes

Ahhhhh I see you know Chevy hahahaā€¦ anymore I like importsā€¦ American made is made to break lolā€¦

I do like Plymouthā€¦ like the old muscle carsā€¦ not anything elseā€¦ dodge too a littleā€¦ those hellcats are ridiculous the new shitā€¦

But Iā€™ve always been a fan of barracuda nova chevelles camaros firebirds (I own an 81 firebird)
Even older is cooler though like 32 Ford deuce coupā€¦ etcā€¦

My dadā€™s friend when I was a kid had a 32 Ford deuce coupā€¦ that thing was bad to the bone broā€¦ 383 stroker all chromed outā€¦ amazing car show winning carā€¦ fat ass mickey Thompsons on the backā€¦

Blew my mind when he unhooked the whole front fender in seconds and removed itā€¦ ahhhh the luxury of old cars broā€¦

Looked exactly like these

3 Likes

My ā€œproject vehicleā€ is a 62 D100 Sweptline Dodge 1/2 ton @Terpsnpurps .

She is solid bro. Only surface rust even the bed. It has the original 318 Wide block engine and runs like a top.
All that is still needed is ball joints and a new brake system. Edit: She needs rockers and a small section of the floor replaced. The passenger window needed replaced and rain ate that section of the floor. I donā€™t mess around with brakes. Sheā€™s going to stop when I want so Iā€™m replacing every line, brake cylinder and pads. lol

11 Likes

Thatā€™s the BOMB!!!

2 Likes

That would be very cool with a ā€˜chop topā€™
Perhaps a little channeling too? :wink:

Cheers
G

1 Like