Mold Prevention

I like to have a small light on in drying room. Mold hates light.

I might not be too sure about that. I have seen mold in a lot of places where there was light. We used to fight it regularly in a place I worked at a lifetime ago.

thanks!

1 cleaned up…

7 Likes

I keep one on in my dry room. Just a lil 30w.

They say light effects the THC, that is the main reason I mentioned it. You know, that almost looks like some sweet candy confection that you would munch on, except for the green color that is.

2 Likes

All in saying is what i do. Never really had to deal with loss from mold. Enviromental is the key.

3 Likes

for sure, and im glad i asked… i know with larger flowers there is a greater potential for mold and honestly i would have not separated them like everyone recommended! :+1:

:yum:

Always an option to pick strains with mold resistance.

1 Like

ya sure, i hear you, but if im interested in a strain im gonna grow it.
i’ll just do my best to take whatever extra precautions i need to in order to ensure there arent issues or do whatever i can to minimize them.
i mean thats why i asked in the first place and thats how i learn so that i can improve my skills and produce better results.
and thanks again everyone for helping me do just that with all your great input :+1: :+1: :+1:

Edit: but that is definitely good advice for someone that is having consistent mold issues!

1 Like

Does anyone freeze dry with a diy drier or commercial freeze drier?

i saw this thread the other day and i think there are a couple of others out there.

2 Likes

Chopped them up throw them
In paper bags for a few days

I have recently participated in the use of a commercial unit,
I am a believer in freeze drying, can’t wait to do it for myself.
Beautiful Product

I shit you not though, somewhere at OG1 there was a thread that BOG and Chimera did about drying with a food dehydrator, I believe BOG said it brought out more triches in side by side with regular cure. Now the freeze drier I saw definitely brought out the triches, the color and the smell.

That is what I have read hear. Dark, 60’s% humidity and air flow.

Yeah im 100% sure im doing it all wrong.

1 Like

Well, maybe not 100%. :wink:

Not sure if anyone else does this but I have never had a bad experience doing the following.

1. Wet trim buds and leave on branches up to 1ft long.
  2. 4-Bucket bud wash;

Bucket 1: H202 (1gal 3% + 3gal water)
Bucket 2: water (4 gal) + 1cup lemon juice + 1 cup baking soda
Bucket 3: water (5 gal), room temp.
Bucket 4: water (5 gal), just below room temp (cool to touch).

Take a few branches, immerse in bucket 1 and swirl/agitate 30sec-1min. (if you have any signs of PM go 1min). Lift from solution, allow to drain back into bucket, move onto bucket 2. Immerse in bucket 2, swirl/agitate 30sec-1min. Lift from solution, allow to drain back into bucket, move onto bucket 3. Immerse in bucket 3 and swirl/agitate 30sec-1min. Lift from water, allow to drain back into bucket, move onto bucket 4. Immerse in bucket 4 and swirl/agitate 30sec-1min. Lift from water, allow to drain back into bucket, hang to drip (or; what I do) place on cooling rack on tray to drain.

1. Hang to dry on string or drying rack (I use a 6 layer drying rack) in a dark room or back into your growing tent.

If hanging on line; place an oscillating fan nearby to keep the air moving.
If using a rack, place a fan underneath (aiming up) as well as a fan aimed at the side of the rack. Every 24 hours collapse the rack upon itself to turn upside down for re-hanging.

I’ve done this for my past 4 cycles with popcorn nugs to gorrilla fist branches and not a single problem. It takes about 4-7 days depending on RH of the area to get the branches to the right “snap”. I then toss everything in 5gal buckets with gammaseal tops + a hygrometer + a 1lb bovida; burp for the first week with bucket shakes to stir things up. After that week all i do is let the stuff cure. :smiley:

1 Like

Do you have a grow log? Tag me in

I don’t know how to tag anyone but here is the link.

I dry in a sealed room set at 62% and around 21c

I have one small fan used for airflow only.

My inkbird keeps the humidity for me.

Lost a crop to outdoor mold, but my drying procedure is bulletproof.

The humidity spikes when I put fresh cut flower in the room but not big deal.

All the best.

3 Likes