Mold Prevention

i just chopped these. any input on preventing mold aside from temp and humidity levels? i was thinking about separating with bamboo sticks to allow air between them?
thanks for your input !

13 Likes

I like to wet trim that way you don’t have to worry about such nonsence and hang as branches not whole plants
Continuous airflow a must and 65-70°

8 Likes

I agree remove all fans to help air flow. Usually not a problem if the humidity is low.

7 Likes

Cut off all the branches individually

7 Likes

Even if there is only a remote chance of your harvest molding, you would be well served in
cutting the individual flowers off as advised above.
It won’t be as aesthetically pleasing but will greatly reduce the possibility of ruined buds

5 Likes

Ditto @ShiskaberrySavior
It depends on the ambient humidity and temperature. If it’s very dry then don’t even worry but if over 60% rh then I’d trim it up.

I moved from a very dry climate to a very humid one and it has been quite a transition. Will probably have to grow indoor to get the results I want. Foresee tent drying :crystal_ball:

Aloha

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

This is what I do as well. For very large/dense mains, I don’t even risk it anymore and just prune buds off the stem. Side branches are usually fine on the stems.

7 Likes

ok great! thnx for all the quick input!
i’ll go ahead and finish wet trimming both instead of just the one and hang the flowers individually.

2 Likes

I did as suggested and had humidity in the 60% range, everything went fine. I have them jarred now and curing. You have some nice looking bud there, bud.

3 Likes

I like to have a small light on in drying room. Mold hates light.

I might not be too sure about that. I have seen mold in a lot of places where there was light. We used to fight it regularly in a place I worked at a lifetime ago.

thanks!

1 cleaned up…

7 Likes

I keep one on in my dry room. Just a lil 30w.

They say light effects the THC, that is the main reason I mentioned it. You know, that almost looks like some sweet candy confection that you would munch on, except for the green color that is.

2 Likes

All in saying is what i do. Never really had to deal with loss from mold. Enviromental is the key.

3 Likes

for sure, and im glad i asked… i know with larger flowers there is a greater potential for mold and honestly i would have not separated them like everyone recommended! :+1:

:yum:

Always an option to pick strains with mold resistance.

1 Like

ya sure, i hear you, but if im interested in a strain im gonna grow it.
i’ll just do my best to take whatever extra precautions i need to in order to ensure there arent issues or do whatever i can to minimize them.
i mean thats why i asked in the first place and thats how i learn so that i can improve my skills and produce better results.
and thanks again everyone for helping me do just that with all your great input :+1: :+1: :+1:

Edit: but that is definitely good advice for someone that is having consistent mold issues!

1 Like

Does anyone freeze dry with a diy drier or commercial freeze drier?

i saw this thread the other day and i think there are a couple of others out there.

2 Likes