Motaco’s Mexican Christmas Tree Giveaway!

I remember in the old days, around this time of year we all had our eyes out for “Christmas Tree”. A rare treat that seemed to come around only once a year. Christmas Tree was not one strain, but was a reference to the higher grades of fresh Mexican sativa that you could almost never find on the street, but would show up in limited quantities every Christmas season.

Yes, often times it did have a piney and fresh scent, frosty green buds, and bright red hairs. One batch in particular I remember having the most red colored seeds I have ever seen. Looked like ornaments on a Christmas tree.

The Mexican imports might be practically extinct, and Christmas Tree Mexican a thing of the past, but I would like to keep that spirit alive with this giveaway.

Zacatecas Mexican f2. A lovely plant. Excellent yields of classic old school bud. A mellow, happy stone that leaves your eyelids heavy. Fresh scent like green lemons.

I will leave this up until Christmas Eve, and pull a few winners.

1. @Tripl3fastaction
  2. @splinter7
  3. @killabud
  4. @TopShelfTrees1 :canada:
  5. @Jpaul :us:
  6. @Emeraldgreen
  7. @smokekulture
  8. @GallacreekD66
  9. @donuchee :us:
  10. @Smooth
  11. @Dannyrawdog420 :us:
  12. @CapnCannabis :us:
  13. @sunra108 :us:
  14. @CanuckistanPete
  15. @habitt :us:
  16. @CocoaCoir :us:
  17. @BeTheLight :us:
  18. @I.am.human
  19. @blowdout2269
  20. @olschool
  21. @JustANobody
  22. @MikeyMeteor
  23. @royal :canada:
  24. @Pawsfodocaws
  25. @DesertHeartGardens
  26. @Tejas
  27. @Trae1170
  28. @THCeed
  29. @420noob
  30. @Hashpants
  31. @Garcimore :fr:
  32. @JAYY_2the_R-O_WHAh :us:
  33. @percyryan66 :us_outlying_islands:
  34. @Weednerd.Anthony :us:
  35. @madouesse :canada:
  36. @AmnioticBaptism
  37. @Chara
  38. @FourFour
  39. @Green_Light :us:
  40. @RadioWaves
  41. @jessethestoner
  42. @ThirdStone :us:
  43. @harveest
  44. @LedZeppelin
  45. @Turpman
  46. @DiRtYSkuNkZ
  47. @YoBigdaddy :us:
  48. @anonymous510
  49. @XgrimmX
  50. @OG619
  51. @Kgrim
  52. @IKEA22
  53. @Bambam
  54. @Conitl
  55. @OnePassionateGrower
  56. @RainToday
  57. @Whatnow
  58. @globalhead
  59. @Piter :es:
  60. @anonymous4289
  61. @Bobgrows
  62. @potpotpot
  63. @Cormoran
  64. @Wizdom
  65. @pharmerfil
  66. @Sbeanonnamellow :us:
  67. @OhNo555 :us: :santa: :christmas_tree: :snowman_with_snow:
  68. @calman1955 :us:
  69. @JOHN1234 :us:
  70. @LzBoy
  71. @illicitmango
  72. @PineTarBastard
  73. @Jim
  74. @Gimme5minutes
  75. @Til_Valhalla :us:
  76. @ClassicGenetix :us:
  77. @misterbee
  78. @Cadizzles :canada:
  79. @Tykal :us:
  80. @Cannaology :us:
  81. @Ghost_Rider
  82. @BuckeyeBeanz
  83. @503BudMan
  84. @djtrip
85 Likes

Sorry, this is my first time making a wiki. Hope I am doing it right!

I forgot to add a few things in there. I didn’t realize I wouldn’t be able to edit it. These are untested f2’s.

Special thanks to @Hyp3, who gifted me the seeds, and has given me permission to share these f2’s. If you want the originals, they are available for a very reasonable price from Hyp3rids seeds.

They would be absolute beasts outdoors in the South. Louisiana, Texas, etc. Huge plants with donkey dick buds. Sure wish I had this strain when I was living and growing down there.

Feel free to reminisce and share old stories. I am sure I am not the only one who remembers Christmas Tree. Nostalgia is one hell of a drug.

24 Likes

Thank you for the opportunity! Very very cool!
Happy Holidays my friend!

8 Likes

we just called it christmas bud. it was usually all green, potent and showed up between Dec 20 and Jan 3, every year. that bud made a lot of folks reject kind bud in my area. it was good. frosty brick.

7 Likes

Thanks for the chance, wiki seems to be working fine so far. Yep, xmas bud or “green buds” is what we called it. @OriginalDankmaster96 @420noob

6 Likes

Very cool giveaway! Happy holidays to you also!

5 Likes

People can add as many numbers as they want. Not sure how many packs I have to give away, but a minimum of 3 winners will be drawn.

14 Likes

Many thanks @Motaco for spreading the OG Christmas spirit.

6 Likes

Looks right to me. Thanks for the giveaway. :v:

5 Likes

Thanks @Motaco I too have have fond memories of the “Christmas tree” bud that used to come around for Christmas. It was expensive but always killer super pine scented and something special for the holidays.

6 Likes

The last pic looks exactly like the stuff I used to get 20 years ago except it isnt compressed.

5 Likes

Had to get in on this as soon as i saw Christmas bud.We had a Christmas bud that came around early December here in Western NY near the Canadian border near the Falls in the late 90s to early 2000s i know its not the same one you have but wveeyone seems to have a Christmas bud they remember .It was a bright green with blaze orange and red hairs had these fat little cone shaped Gordita buds that were almost shaped like Christmas trees, extremely Piney saturated with resin glands huge bracts scent i havent seen since mixed with a strong Earthy Skunk funk,I cracked a film canister with the grey lid of the stuff in Technology class in high school and it stunk the while room up i left came back an hour later after lunch and the room still stunk!!When you lit that weed the smell would attract the freaks and they would hound you for some until you burned one with them.That stuff was hard to hide the smell stayed in your clothes until you washed them.Left a huge resin oil stain on your lip and your eyes were always Red as road maps.You would like to tell yourself they didnt know you smoked(They knew trust me) you couldnt even look someone in the eye yet alone go out in public you were always like ,Oh fuck oh fuck act normal maintain man maintain

7 Likes

Yes! I grew up on Mexican and SA weed. Punto Rojo was my little treat you’d get around this time of year. I’d KILL(figuratively) to get my hands on that very same weed again.

9 Likes

Thank You @Motaco ! ! ! A tradition well worth keeping alive.

Feliz Navidad y Próspero Año Nuevo ! ! !

9 Likes

Very interesting. I’ll give er a whirl. :crazy_face:

Thanks @Motaco! :smiley:

3 Likes

Could be my next grow love the old school mexican weed ahhh cheistmas memories

4 Likes

Use to get Christmas bud back in high school good memories thanks for the opportunity :grin: love that oldschool mexi giggly feel good weed going to be doing some Mexican varieties next year think they will rock outdoors here in Arizona

8 Likes

Thanks for the opportunity Motaco!

4 Likes

Ho Ho Ho … Merry Frickin Christmas!

2 Likes

I was able to get “Christmas Tree” in the late fall, early summer all through hs. In my case it was a bit cheaper than KB, but was only available once a year. If you didn’t call your guy on the day he got it, you didn’t get any. We were told it was someone’s outdoor from VT. Maybe it was, who knows. People who sell weed to high school kids will make shit like that up too haha. But yeah, piney, strong, giggly, and very, very limited.

7 Likes