My aquaponic adventures

Mine and my wife’s first place was a 1978 Duke trailer that was given to us(they didn’t want to be bothered to sell it.) I loved that crappy little thing. Like you said you could put a hole in any wall you needed to and not feel bad about it. We want to move, I keep telling here we need to just plop a double wide down in the middle of nowhere.

2 Likes

That sounds kinda perfect :grin::metal:

I moved into an already full house when I moved in with my Mrs. My office, servers, aquariums and grow tent are all crammed into what used to be the downstairs living room… Having a grow room would be so amazing :metal:

1 Like

I got some benders :grin:🤦

3 Likes

Love the benders!

My office is in my bedroom, with a divider curtain, and my 6’ x 9’ grow room is where a walk-in bedroom closet would be for someone with different priorities :wink:

1 Like

I can’t wait to see how the plants are in the morning with all the branches turning back up to the light :grin::grin:

I’m glad you have your priorities straight :grin::wink:

1 Like

I love how fast these plants recovers :grin:

2024-08-16--19-57-46
2024-08-17--00-02-10

3 Likes

I love it, you can barely see the red benders I put in yesterday just before lights out :smiley:

Triforce x PPP

(Forbidden x 24k Gold) x Koaster Kush… I think I’m going to start calling this FGK, Forbidden Gold Kush… too much writing :smiley:

Haze Xtremes

Purple Lamborghini with a Haze Xtreme on the back right

FGK… branching up very nicely after the super cropping, although I’m feeling like I should have waited another week or two

Grapefruit, with a second in the background

Chocolate Nightmare

My sad little DCFDxS+SC. She’s never really recovered from the neem oil, damn

NL#2

The garden

Autos

Critical purple cross is getting really close, I’m really digging the purple that’s coming out in her leaves :smiley:

Zamaldelica #1 under my blueberry mom

Both GDPs are coming along

And finally, Zamaldelica #2

More predatory mites arrived today, so I’ll be adding another round of those in 3-4 days, and my brand new AC Infinity carbon filter has arrived! :smiley: Now I just have to find the time to set it up, haha

5 Likes

@dingys I’m not sure if you popped by or not, but I have a couple of your Forbidden x 24k Gold x Koaster Kush going, one is a little small, but the other is the biggest in the tent :smiley:

Do you have any more details on these? I can’t find anything on koaster kush anywhere, or forbidden :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, the AC Infinity filter is in… a couple things to note for anyone looking into them…

1. it takes 8 lbs of activated carbon to fill the 6" filter
  2. the bag that comes with the filter is 8lbs, so you get 1 fill out of it
  3. the price of an 8lb bag of activated carbon is $101 on Amazon… the price of a new 6" filter is also right around $100. So, you’re not really saving anything, except trips to metal recycling to get rid of the older filters.
  4. the socks provided don’t have the cool AC Infinity logo, so you lose the “that’s sexy” factor of the filter completely, lol

I never really noticed a smell outside, so I can’t comment on whether or not it’s even doing a better job, hahaha :man_shrugging: :laughing:

2 Likes

So, what do people typically look for when deciding when to flip to 12/12? I’m curious what I’ve missed having grown in an echo chamber for as many years as I have, lol

Hi @luxton-O. This genetic mix was made by a Brazilian pollen chunck. He always makes F1s, these are F2s of what he made. Regarding size, you have to be careful that this bigger one is not male. Generally, the bigger ones come from her males. However, the very small one caught my attention. They are medium-sized plants. Take a look at a batch of them.

You can expect orange and tangerine flavors. It’s a citrus mix with sweet or sour, depending on the plant, but it usually has more of an orange flavor. The effect is not so much narcotic as euphoric. It’s great to be the first thing in the day, since it doesn’t knock you out and leaves you feeling more uplifted.

4 Likes

Sweet man, thank you!!

I was a little concerned about that big one being a male, damn… I’ll watch it close when I do flip :+1:

2 Likes

Where are you located @luxton ? I’m USA and just searched on Amazon for activated charcoal and it’s coming up $30 for the AC infinity brand.

I think I see what happend. Classic case of identical pictures for different products. The 32 lb bag is 100. So you get 4 refills for 100. You save 20 if you buy the 32. Probably can find another brand for cheaper though.

1 Like

Not entirely sure if aquarium activated carbon could be used. I don’t know what the difference would actually be. But this 15lb bucket is 110

1 Like

@BeardedMech, welcome to Canada

2 Likes

I think I found this one too… daaaamn, smuggle much?

JOKING! For any authorities seeing this, I would never actually smuggle anything, I never leave the bloody house, hahaha

1 Like

I cut down the top few branches of the Critical Purple cross overnight… she smells SO strong, but I’m afraid the light I had on her didn’t give her enough juice, her buds are super open. But still, they’re covered in trichs and I’m REALLY looking forward to them coming out of the fridge to smoke :smiley:

I’m hoping this will clear out ANY shade the buds lower down were getting. These buds also have either amber or burnt trichomes, so they needed to come out anyway :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Holy crap that’s a hell of a mark up! I have to say since they opened the warehouse down the road from me my prices and service have been better through Amazon. It’s been hard to shop elsewhere. I get free same day or next day delivery and it’s cheaper than the shop down the road. I don’t like giving them my money but it’s too easy and affordable. The prime membership has been paying for it’s self. If I had a small grow store near me I’d give them my money, but it’s a drive to the nearest one and the prices are not worth it. Theres one close but they charge astronomical prices. I’m not sure how they stay in business.

2 Likes

I’m the same way man… If there was a shop that was close with reasonable prices, I’d definitely shop there, but there’s nothing anywhere around me, unfortunately.

1 Like