My aquaponic adventures

Yeah, I’ve got a pair too. Putting them on totally makes me realize how much city “hum” still comes through inside our house. Adding soundproofing is on the DIY list now. It really does make a difference to get some real quiet for a while.

3 Likes

Hmmm… I think they’re balls?

7 Likes

I almost forgot, today’s pic of the garden

I’ve had to pull haze xtreme x wish weed #1 (male), Nl#2 (I’m not sure what’s up, it hermed). I feel like another one is gone too…

In the Main zone,

I currently have 2 Grapefruit, 2 (Forbidden x 24k Gold) x Koster, a chocolate nightmare, a haze xtreme x wish weed, a purple lambo and the little DCFD x S+SC.

In the auto zone

Zamadelica is flowering beautifully, both GDP are super bushy (though the pics in the post above are from one of the GDPs, so 1 might be a male), and both Afghanis are popping out all kinds of leaves :grin::grin:.

I’ll get better pics of the plants tomorrow.

6 Likes

Not certain, first one could be female. Second one is looking like a little nest of male flowers. Should be able to tell for certain tomorrow.

1 Like

What I don’t get is, it’s the same plant. That’d be 3 or 4 herms between my main zone and auto zone… That feels personal, what am I doing to cause herms, everything looks super healthy - probably the healthiest grow I’ve had.

1 Like

Let’s start with the auto zone today…

First up, @Kasper0909 's Afghani autos :grin::metal:. Super excited for these, I had the BEST sleeps after smoking it

Next up, GDP#2. She has stayed pretty short, but the stalk on it is massive! It’s branched to the 9s

GDP#1 hermed, dammit

Zamadelica is starting to bud up… I ended up bending a couple branches over after the pic.

In the Main zone, my last xtreme haze x wish weed hermed, CRAP., so I’m down another plant in there… This is thinning out a lot more than I’d like.

4 Likes

It didn’t necessarily herm, I just thought that first one looked uncertain gender. Did it emit a white pistil? That’s the true test. If not, it was just a singleton male flower.

2 Likes

It looked like every top was female, and every spot below that was either male or both :person_shrugging:

I decided to hit chatgpt… I may be over nutrifying my water. In the morning I’m going do a water swap and see if I can help lower my TDS from 1400ish to 1200ish.

I did pop another seed… A D’Oh boy from @cannabisbreedersclub :grin:

3 Likes

That’s the herm profile I’m seeing in the herm males on the Zamaldelica Express I made. Male base, female top. Everything I read supports a genetic basis for it in my case.

2 Likes

Oh wow, that’s kinda cool… I wasn’t actively looking for anything, and only accidentally happened to notice it, I’m glad I said something :metal:

Unfortunately, this was a GDP :person_facepalming:.

2 Likes

Well, onward and upward… I thought I was almost out of stretch, then almost every plant grew another 3-4" overnight :person_shrugging::joy::metal:

Chocolate Nightmare

DCFD x S+SC

(Forbidden x 24k Gold) x Koster #2

Purple Lamborghini

Grapefruit x Grapefruit #1

Grapefruit x Grapefruit #2

(Forbidden x 24k Gold) x Koster #1

I have a feeling I had a tag swap between NL#2 and (Forbidden x 24k Gold) x Koster #1… The 2 Forbiddens I have left have very different leaf patterns and branching… I dunno :person_facepalming:

Auto zone

Zamadelica is looking great

Afghani auto #1 is getting big, she’s only a couple weeks old

GDP is ridiculous… I don’t know what to do with this plant when she really starts budding, lol

Afghani auto #2 is smaller, but she’s under a little more shade from Blueberry mom. I should probably cut that back… Anyone want a Blueberry cutting? Lol

8 Likes

Random

4 Likes

Sweet! I thought nutrients weren’t required as the fish poop would be enough

1 Like

Normally you’re absolutely right… I had a bigger plant count this time and was seeing a lack of nutes, so I decided suppliment… I guess I went a little happy :person_facepalming::joy:

3 Likes

well, now I only have to say, that you will only know when to smoke, then you will be sure whether or not you changed a tag, l :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

[quote=“luxton, post:813, topic:134093”]

(Forbidden x 24k Gold) x Koster #

Might be just me but this girl looks amazing/wild!!
Also very interested to see those purple lambos!

Looking great!!

Haven’t quite learnt the quote thing yet but I’m venturing out!!

6 Likes

She’s farkin massive :grin:

This is aimed where I normally aim it… She’s right out of the top of the frame :grin:

She should have a decent haul :grin::grin:

Everyone in the auto zone is now 100% female and looking good :grin::ok_hand:

In the auto zone…

I gave Blueberry mom a big hair cut and saw another couple leaves with thrip damage. I’m not sure if it’s older or not, but everything with damage was yanked. Unfortunately, Afghani auto #2 seems to be the one they all went to, so that one was yanked as a sacrifice.

Unfortunately, d’oh boy waterlogged and died, and when I went to get another, 1 of the seeds is crazy small and the other is cracked and empty :cry:. So, I’ll keep the small one for another time.

I grabbed a other Afghani auto, and a Blue Cake… They’re in hot water with a lil h2o2.

Zamadelica chugging along

Afghani auto #1 is getting FAT leaves

GDP… At day 40, she’s still not showing anything, but she surely is bushy!! I like that she isn’t growing any taller with it being in a smaller area, I’ve done exactly zero training with her (was trying to do a comparison with the other GDP that hermed, lol).

Blueberry mom

Pretty decent canopy :grin:

10 Likes

A couple are still stretching a couple inches a day, but everyone is putting on weight :grin::grin::grin::grin:

12 Likes

I’ve been noticing some moisture on a couple leaves on GDP #1, and with only a normal house fan in the bottom, I’m not super surprised.

So, I ordered a new fan…

It was the same price as other ones and had good reviews, perfect. It arrived today and I started reading about the controller out can be connected to… … … Quick change of plans, current fan can go into the auto area, this bad boy is going in the main area :grin:. So I ordered the controller :person_facepalming:. I went and downloaded the manual for it to see everything it was capable of… I shouldn’t have done that…

Controller ordered cancelled, because I save $20 when packaging it with a new extraction fan

This package arrives Thursday :person_facepalming:. I really need to stay off amazon when I’m baked! :joy:

2 Likes

Way she goes man, way she goes. I developed a little amazon addiction there for a bit. On the plus side, I have everything I need… for now.

I actually won that Aerowave fan from a Vivosun giveaway here lol, it works great.

3 Likes