My Bubble hash making tech

heh heh oh for sure. I’m just super picky :wink:

2 Likes

It wasn’t my favorite pull but different than anything I’ve made in quite a while . I’d made similar consistency by heating in the oven @ 195 for 20 minutes .

1 Like

Quick question on your technique here. How short of sections are you cutting up the buds? Like cutting it all into 1/2" long sections. Longer, shorter?

Thank you.

inch or shorter, like 2cm.

3 Likes

lol pops said the same thing that girl did. Who taught you how to do the freeze dried process? Sometimes I wonder, you know. How much do people really know me?

Cuz Tonight… I’m having… uber hash :wink:

11 Likes

Beautiful work as always. How’s the press coming along? Still mastering that steep learning curve?

2 Likes

naw, I got the press thing down I’m pretty sure. It’s like a strange computer system in there you can change the settings and get it set up to do the smash like you want, then it remembers the settings so you can just power it up and it’ll do the exact same thing again. I’m going to get some rosin bags from the store when I go in there in the next couple of days. Tomorrow at the earliest! Oh then the fun begins! I loaned out my dewalt drill and bucket to my friends to make hash. I’ll get it back in a couple of days as well. There’s going to be lots of downtime after this next harvest and I have a freezer full of hash material. Probably at least 100 grams worth of hash stored in those buds. I’ll probably smash the shelf dried hash first to get warmed up then start on the freeze dried hash.

7 Likes

I’m hunting for the bags. Can’t seem to locate any 25 micron ones in my area… so I asked :wink:

woah. Too bad the computer screen can’t transmit smell, it’s fucking phenomenal. wow!!

8 Likes

I asked the guy where he got the micron bags he says amazon hah hah. So I flew to the amazon rain forest looking for some… They’re in the mail.

3 Likes

awww yah!

seeya at the contest homies!!! That’s a picture of me there.

2 Likes

well, I used the press to make some rosin out of a dried bud. I just origami-ed that thing into a parchment envelope and hit it at 74C/180S pressure level 6. Classic died and dried brown rosin, but it tasted funky! Made from some old buds that are like coffee. I think the rosin press is where my origami skills are going to shine lol!

2 Likes

Lmao funniest shit I heard all day

1 Like

awwww yah! The rosin bags are here. Wow! This means I am going to start a new thread, dedicated to cranking out live rosin from freeze dried hash. Also… making the freeze dried hash. I’ll just be replicating the award winning method from the contest. I mean, in my own way. Freeze dry in the freezer and plunk into a jar for 30 days of curing. Exciting!!!

6 Likes

here we go! Off to a new adventure!

5 Likes

So kief would be the same ($40.00) ?

Awesome thread. Very informative. I’ve been wanting to make good colored hash without the huge costs of a freeze drier. So you just put the cut up pieces on parchment then sit it in the the freezer open? No cover or anything? I wonder if pizza boxes would work? I have quite a bit of bud and a regular fridge with a small freezer on top. So pizza boxes would be easier to stack in there. I wonder whats the worse thing that could happen.

3 Likes

Should work fine I just put mine on a screen covered in parchment paper.

3 Likes

Yah the objective is to have thin or tiny bits so they can freeze dry. It’s the same rules as a regular freeze drier, just takes more time. The water has to sublime from ice form into vapor, so you can toy with the rules using thermodynamics, but the key is cold, and lots of it. If you are already making fresh frozen buds into hash, then you just need to start freeze drying it and you can crank out some prize winning hash. That’s what I did.

5 Likes

@JoeCrowe have you tried the cured product yet? I have not cured many strains but the ones I have cured so far have benefited a lot. I was sceptical too so pretty happy with the results. Increased smell and flavour and smoothed it out on the dab. I am doing it similar to you with it going straight into a jar and in a fridge for a month without disturbing it. Only difference is your product is much finer than mine. I just press flower rosin from cured buds. Not as smooth as hash rosin so the cure helps.

3 Likes