My first watering system (drip)

Just wondering. It looks like your res is above your emmiters. Won’t the whole thing just syphon out after you run it or do you have something to break the syphon?

2 Likes

i think the way you have it configured will be very un-even pressure, the last plants will get a lot less water than the first one… i would personally do something like this, so all pots are equi-distant from the reservoir – red denotes a T or splitter

4 Likes

Hey guys thanks for stopping in.

@Hashtree I have no idea. I’ve been sick and haven’t tried it yet lol. But you raise a good question. I will let you know when I dial in the timer and valves. Might need to lower res.

@legalcanada that diagram is a much more practical set up yes lol (why couldn’t my brain make that). But this is intended to be a drip system. Not watering system as I wrote in title. I’ve got a timer for it and valves on the end of every hose going into a pot. So my plan is to have each valve slightly more open then the one next in hopes of an even drip.

3 Likes

Made a few slight changes. Preparing soil for tonight.

6 Likes

I think if you add another emmiter at the tank it would break the syphon.
Looks like it’s going to be a nice room.I’m a little jealous.
Should be one hell of scrog!

3 Likes

My concern is the res big enough when they get huge? How big are the pots ?nice looking set up ,I’m sure fine tuning will be required what medium you using also I’d add a air stone to the tub !

2 Likes

Thanks @Hashtree if you think it’s good now wait until I drop the screen haha. The timer and valves are dialed in now and there does not seem to be a syphon effect happening.

Thanks for the kind words. @ShiskaberrySavior res is about 60-70L. My soil is promix and my pots are 5 gallon.

1 Like

Finished product. Flow from each valve is equal all around. Each valve is opened slightly more than the one before it. This took me about a hour playing around. But now I’m on the timer trying to figure out the best setting for the perfect moisture level in the soil. All and all I like the system. The pump seems able to Handel the job. No leaks and I think I’m ready to drop my screen. Happy growing! :+1:

7 Likes