My perpetual grow,the good, the bad, the ugly

So when I used it, it was in a ebb and flow with GH 3-part. Never tried it in soil. I would soak them over night in water with epsom at 1 teaspoon per gallon.

3 Likes

Mixing up medium again. Soaked coco coir chips, perlite, in totes with ReCharge. Then spread tarp on floor, add above items, then added lobster and mushroom compost,mixed and broke up clumps of compost.
Added BioAlive, Neem meal, Acid mix, Feather meal, azomite, green sand, langbeinite, oyster shell hell I forgot something I added. Anyway, lots of work but, it’s cheap.
I had to pack up flower, put 9, three gallon pots, with some nice ladies, trained.
I then up potted all my cuttings and clones, into 3 gallon pots, and the freshly cracked seeds into 4" pots and filled the veg tent, first and second floor!..Damn life is good!!
ReBirth:
I’ll be running up into the spring time then shutting down, tearing down, giving all my tents and lights away, fans, pots, trays, hoods, T5’s, LED’s everything will go!
Then sending my genetics out to store in an associates gardens, while we have some extensive work done to that property.
I was going to build wall, with a sneaky way in. But I’ve been banging out so much plant matter lately.
I got more than a few pounds of butter and coconut oil freezing, quarts of tinctures also… Many jars of weed in the freezer, and will add more this winter. So I’m going to get comfortable with the idea of taking a sabbatical, for a few to 6 months.
Many folks love motorcycle riding as do I, I just have fallen love with smaller cc’s CTV scooters, touring the back roads of this side of the country.
So yeah, and I have wanted to ride out west on my 250, and go hang in Colorado for a few weeks, now I can.
When I restart, new tents, new HGL lights, all new grow related items, as I’ve run this stuff for so very long now. tents have been tore down and reset up a few times, they are tired. My digital ballasts served me so very well, same with this old LED, she just runs and runs. My Vortex’s are more than 10 years old, the 6" is maybe 13 years old, running 24/7, same giant carbon filter about 12 years old now.
So, yeah, time to reboot! Damn it feels good to let it out of me, as I’ve been playing head chess with all the variables…that is done with now.

4 Likes

Salutations!!
Mixed up my mix, some is resting, some is used uppotting the smallies. I was really impressed how the perlite sucked up the ReCharge juice left over from fluffing the coir chips.
I did save the bottom few inches of that giant assed bag of perlite. I remove the perlite dust before using to clone, or add to pots.

Australian Dead Head.

Pine Tar Gush

3 Headed Dragon

Killer Lemon Haze

9 Likes

50 lb oyster shell is $12 at Tractor Supply. The feed stores will have oyster shell, diatomaceous earth, hay and straw for mulch, dried molasses, alfalfa pellets,.Mason jars … basic stuff and reasonable price.

4 Likes

Hey DanzaKuduro, Thanks for helping me remember TS!! I’ve not been to our local one in some time now!!
The arrival of the Covidworld, has/had me out scrounging around, looking for items I got so lazy by running to the grow shop. When they reopened, everything went crazy up.
So now I have reformulated my growing mix, to use what I can from established garden centers, and again Thanks for the heads up as I’ll run into TS to walk through their store to refamiliarize myself with them.
I do get a few looks after I load up a 60 lb bale of ProMix, onto the back of my 250 cc scooter!! I do pull a contractor trash bag over it. But I figured out a work around for PM, and I’m giving them the finger unless I crash and burn with this new mix.

2 Likes

Still just spinning my cannabis circles.
The new mix is a winner so far. Maybe one I’ll be playing with for a while.
I had to blast a few into it before the mix had time to rest and mingle in my totes. So I expected a lag in growth. After I watered them in the new mix, I put them in a tent, and gave them a few days to dry out a bit. Upon opening that tent, I was shocked to see them into the T5’s!! They shot up in 2 days like gangbusters. H’mmm I got to rethink this resting time for organics, as I was giving my mix up to 6 weeks to rest, ferment, whatever it’s called, it looks to me to be worthless time wasted. This actually gets me closer to what bottle fed plants get, instant root gratification…or burn.
Thrilling discovery for me.
Now my sleep is invaded by hydro organics. All the information I find, always states, failure. But why???
I also an embaressed to say I just found this guys thread, and it’s been here a while now: One plant one light, been using this tech for almost 10 years
When I rebuild, I’m going to build one of these set ups. I just sourced everything, to put it together. I find it a thrilling set up myself.
Enough babble: just some randoms from the tent this week.

Take care all!!

10 Likes

Happy to help if you have any questions on the set up, its pretty simple just a basic ebb & flow minus plant container. Train em low and wide, fill in your canopy and flip em to flower and fasten your seat belt :wink:

1 Like

And yes hydro organic = mess, i was taught in college that plants have to break organic nutrients down into salt form to be absorbed by the plant, something to think about.

Salt based nutrients are not organic but organic by definition means that there is a carbon molecule involved. Salt based nutrients are readily available to the plant equalling faster availability, faster flushes, and less organic matter for pests and bacteria.

Use mycos in your media and terp booster with your nutrients, botanicare is a great base nutrient with out as much salt build up. General hydro is very salty, I’ve been having pretty good results with TPS nutes using gh veg or green bottle for nitrogen, the TPS nitrogen I’m finding not as available as the GH. General hydro has been around forever but in my opinion doesn’t bring out full terpine profile and takes forever to flush, lots of top flushing to get all the salts out.

I took a run at hydro organic for a few years and the mess and complications in a indoor hydro system were not productive and had lots of clogged pumps and filthy trays and reservoirs to deal with by the time harvest came around.

Maybe permaculture with fish emulsion would be the best route to hydro organic?

I’m sure it is possible, but i can’t give any advice except for what i learned through trial and error.

4 Likes

Hey outlaw, a big Thank You for your time!!
The organic hydro is a shit show at best, no pun intended!! I’ve searched for ever, seeking out the path, always running into wall, but now, your salt explanation is gold.
I never saw/understood it like that.
I read a paper once about using Corn Steep Liquor as the nitrogen source in a hydro set up. They did not show stunning results, but there was some growth. If I can find it, I’ll post it up. https://www.nature.com/articles/npre.2008.2494.1
Honestly, I would only use one of your get set ups, for experiments in hydro. It’s something I got get it out of my head, and that only happens when I fail continuously at a thing. And, I do fail badly at times.
I ran Botanical products for many years and still have some CNS line nutrients, the shop had everything I needed to replicate your most excellent system.
Glad you could stop by!!

3 Likes

Just before I get into my Gator Skins, I wanted to up date the thread.
I pulled a Queen Bee, a Three Headed Dragon x Long Bottom Leaf, and Salmon River from the tent.
I got so damn many plants to run right now, as my crappy cloning program is just banging out the roots in cuts I’ve taken, since switching to compost/perlite in wee plastic cups.
I just gave away all my Rapid rooters, peat pucks, domes and trays to a freshly starting personal grow gardener.
They got all my older but very usable Botanical nutes. I gave them, T-5’s 8 tube, 4" light kits, hell they even got a well used, but in great shape grow tent, 4’ x 8’ x 7’6" as I’m changing size in tents. Hydropolis tents here I come! Gathering up stuff for an OutLaw grow show!!
Enough of that. But before I ride over to the butcher shop, to pack the freezers for winter, a couple of pics!!
First is a PineTarGush, I did not pull yet, she is just starting to show cloudy trics.

Sorry the Queen Bee pic sucked worse than the ones posted.
Have a great day everyone!!

7 Likes

Some random shots at lights out yesterday. I’ll be pulling another Herifields from the flr tent today. will not chop her just yet but need the tent space.
Now that I’ve been cloning without domes, heat mats, Rapid Rooters/peat pucks,cloning gel, I’ve come to realize for a hobby type grower (me) all that stuff is fine and all, but if I can get by (50%+) with decent results, why buy it? My cuts to clone numbers are running about 65% success rate.
For maybe a month or so, I started what I call bouquet cloning, or simply taking multiple cuts of the same plant, wrap a small length of garden wire around them, add a label, a bit of Hormel concentrate I suck up in a hobby syringe, and dab some juice on the ends of the bouquet of cuttings, and into a 2oz plastic cup with drain holes, with a 50/50 mix of perlite/compost, and mash the medium down around the ends pretty hard, making some of the wetted mix to pee a bit through the drain holes.
Then up into my veg area/on 24/7 and in about 2-3 weeks ROOTS!!
I simply give them a nice spray down every other day, and wait.
Pop them out, into a small container of tepid water, and swish the roots around, and the medium falls away from the roots, to single plant them into your stare cups. Easy peasy!
I also found one of my Australian Dead Heads, the buds are more tric covered and liquid looking, dripping in diamonds, and is the 3rd ADH that is now in flower, so the youngest as far as day of flower. This is going to be a very special lady, IMHO.

Next is 2nd and 1st AHD’s.

The first one needed to be bent /snapped over.
![11 11 2020 011 bouquet cloning|666x500]
(upload://6RVllT4J29rldqgUnnOu3HOST4b.jpeg)

Lat shot just a random of the LED side. As you may see, some just went it, some have been there a few weeks, for my hillbilly perpetual cycle.

Have the best day you can!!

6 Likes

always enjoy looking at what you are doing My Friend :slight_smile:

all the best and enjoy the day

Dequilo

2 Likes

Man it’s beautiful in here for sure!!! Keep up the great work. The smoke looks killer! Blessings!! @webeblzr

2 Likes

Hey dequilo, your most kind man, Thank You for stopping in.
Hey zion, a big Thank You for the most kind words!!

I have been gathering up the stuff to get an Outlaw System set up, so I can play with it for a few months. I believe once I start drilling holes for drain and feed lines, and start to repurpose old net pots from my juice junky days of 17 years ago, into drain covers.
Since I’m just grabbing what local sources have on hand to build a test mock up, I did not secure a 20 gal resy, but got a 10 gallon Hydropharm that will be a fine test unit.
I had a couple flood and drain fittings on hand, and secured a top pan,Active Aqua 2’ x 2’ x 7" I think, but not in the same style as Outlaw has, but I will find those he uses.
I’m excited to change up growing styles, drop off some plant numbers, and running nets was always fun. Outlaw warned me running organics will be a shit show, if it works at all, but that invades my sleep, and I got to purge it out of me. I do still have some CNS I used for a while.
I’ll start another thread for this set up, as I got Recharge soaking with a block of coco coir husks, I hope to use over rockwool curtons.I want to use everything that can be cycled into my outdoor garden once it’s a waste product.

4 Likes

Salutations,
Just some normal maintenance in the flower tent, picking leaf, and moving them around, so the HPS plants get some LED time and vice a versa.
The honey badger haze plant cutting is what will going to the F&D tray.

She takes a while to finish to what we like, so long to veg and long to flower @ 70-75 days or so. You can cut this pheno early, but IMHO, when I did so, the intensity was there, but lacked the deep stone, I got from her at 70-75 days.
The ADH’s are funny also.

There is a couple of weeks between the 3, going into flower.
I did such a crappy pre veg with them, once in flower, the first 2 really stretched. The third, not so much, and the buds look far more finished than 1-2 are! I sure hope I labeled the 3 separately when I took them. Her buds are pure eye candy, with that rock hard feeling to them.
Couple of pics. Sorry the 3rd ADH pic the flash did not go off, so it was very dark, I’ll snap another later on.
Crack on.

3 Likes

The Pine Tar Gush and Hill Billy Fighter have left the flower tent.
And the 3rd ADH, along with 1-2 are still sucking up resources and tanning.

Take care.

5 Likes

Well damn, the laundry buzzer just signaled time to fold and reload it. Damn AI.
Just a few snaps. I’ve been so busy.
The Australian Dead Head is cut/trimmed/ curing in jars. The fist sampler, as I’m packing jars, is a sweet delicious smoke, with the immediate hammer to the center of my head, classic Thai response I get. no paranoia, no spinning mind swirl, and maybe after a nice long cure that will come. I hope not, as she is perfect for us as she is.
The 3 Headed Dragon x Longleaf Bottom the freebie from GLG, is a wonderful plant, and has become fast friend. Very tasty to the palate and beautiful buzz to hang out with. Almost narcotic, with a bit of gumption should you need to do something after take off. I’ll run more of her, the clones first, and start a few more beans.
I also pulled a ADH, a honey badger haze, and 2 sisters that are the catpiss phenos of the Honey Badger Haze, I found a few years ago, gifted out, and they came back to me a while back. The whole area smells of cat piss, so damn strong!!
I’m very close to starting my Outlaw system also, that will be another thread. I just had ZERO space when I fell in love with it…but just had to tinker with it, oh well soon.

10 Likes

Really nice work, the ADH looks like some fantastic smoke. The top on ADH 2 is incredible.

2 Likes

Hey smokenhike, thank you for stopping by!! I’m always seeking out the Mullum madness, used in crosses. My brain just loves the stuff.
When I was cutting her up yesterday, I was worried to find mold inside that club. After digging out the leaf I wanted to trim, using the scissor tip, to twist them away from the stalk, but still hanging. It opens up the drying process, letting more air into the bud, without them falling off.
Take care.

4 Likes

Incredible work Sir! I miss that old catpiss weed got to smoke it several times out of NE Columbus OH around 2003 or 4. Stellar smoke and rank dank beyond belief! Nice job that look like the real deal catpiss for sure.

1 Like