My plants look like shit

Something is wrong here. Any ideas from OG big brains would be appreciated.

6 Likes

Those tiny white spots could be spider mites :anguished:, take a look to the reverse with a scope … :sunglasses:

9 Likes

Hate to say it but it looks like bugs.

4 Likes

I for sure got them

3 Likes

Cheapest hydro store bought shit soil. Not sure how to sterilize soil properly.

2 Likes

Spider mites. Forbid 4F is the best treatment albeit expensive.

Blasts of water from time to time will control them too.

6 Likes

Will look that up thank you and to all who help here.

3 Likes

Always bake soil to avoid spider mites has worked in the past. Got too excited and just brought in dirt without thinking. One little slip can cost alot of time. If you get it wrong you get it rite next time.
https://youtu.be/SXW-sL5gzHQ

4 Likes

I just use new soil for jnside and recycled soil for outside…btdt

2 Likes

Spinosad, any will kill them, and youngins in soil

2 Likes

For mites…unfortunately Spinosad doesn’t work very well and Forbid F4 is some really nasty shit!

Try to find a high quality concentrated pyrethrums like this…

The pyrethrins are a class of organic compoundsnormally derived from Chrysanthemum cinerariifolium that have potent insecticidal activity by targeting the nervous systems of insects. Pyrethrin naturally occurs in chrysanthemum flowers and is often considered an organic insecticide when it is not combined with piperonyl butoxide or other synthetic adjuvants.[1] Their insecticidal and insect-repellent properties have been known and used for thousands of years.

Chemical structure of some pyrethrins: pyrethrin I (R = CH3), pyrethrin II (R = CO2CH3)

Pyrethrins are gradually replacing organophosphates and organochlorides as the pesticides of choice as the latter compounds have been shown to have significant and persistent toxic effects to humans.

Hope this helps

Brian(Alaskagrown)

11 Likes

good luck killing those little bastards.

1 Like

No need to buy an expensive liter of professional grade pesticides. Available in smaller units through Ebay.

They’ve got all the professional stuff in hobbyist quantities. Avid, Forbid, etc. 1oz of this stuff (29mL) can last a long time since you’re using like 2.5mL/gallon which can treat several lights worth of plants.

3 Likes

Oh thank you! I wanted to have it on hand, along with eagle, as the nuclear option to clean up without scrapping the plants. But personally I’d only ever use it on existing mothers, then take a few clones to start new moms with. I wouldn’t bloom out cuts from the plant that was treated

2 Likes

Second this

An overabundance of caution, but they’re your plants.

Abamectin isn’t some big bad boogeyman.

1 Like

1 Like

Not true on all accounts. Don’t really care to debate this stuff though.

Doctor Zymes or some sort of neem oil brew is the only thing I will put on my plants now a days. I mainly use Doctor Zymes now, it has killed off mites and thrips for me when I need it from time to time. Good to have around at the very least for times you may need to take action in flower and don’t want to spray trash onto your buds .

5 Likes

Greatings, @Alaskagrown: Spot On!

Pyrethrums and their synthetic versions Permethrins, are the semi-organic solution to a multitude of Canna-pests. They are short-lived, inert after a few days, very easy on the environment and very effective against a variety of our grower’s headaches. Same deal with BT, a bacteria that causes worms to (literally!) blow up after feasting on one of my cherry tree blossoms,

I have a little orchard and I use a small fogger device to send a cloud of permethrin and BT over my trees as the IPM protocol demands.

I wash all my outdoor buds and rarely have pest issues in the grow room.

2 Likes