Can't get rid of them

Just trying to figure out what these are. Can’t really get a better picture so hopefully someone will be able to help me out. Once I figure out what they are. I need to know how to get rid of them. Lol. Thought I did but they crept back. Took like 5 months but there back.

Uploading: IMG_20240121_115405949.jpg…

4 Likes

Kinda hard to tell :telescope::face_with_monocle:

Unsure if thrips or something else. Do they have wings? They don’t look like silverleaf whiteflys but there’s another that looks similar but have overlapping wings, not tent shaped like the whiteflys are.

@JoeCrowe @George

4 Likes

Thrips is my first guess also. Any pictures of the damage?

4 Likes

I’d say thrips :dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

3 Likes

Just get lady bugs. (If they r thrips) nothing escapes them !

2 Likes

No wings. They just are a pain in the ass. They leave spots I’ll take a picture in a little bit of the damage.

If no wings then I’d definitely lean towards thrips from what I can see. I’ll await pics and other opinions but if it is, spinosad or maybe ladybugs like was mentioned would do the trick. There’s also a peppermint/tea tree Castile+iso+h202 mix that would work, or the ‘one-and-done’ that’d do it too. All 3 sprays would need done every couple days for a couple weeks to kill them all.

7 Likes

Yah definitely thrips, I’d bet money on it.

10 Likes

Well thank you all. I’ve been googling their pictures and none seem to fit the bill. But they kinda do. It’s like a mutant thrip or something. I think some ladybufs ate in order

2 Likes

They look just like these little dipshits I recorded.

12 Likes

They are exactly the same, I saw them once sprayed the hell out of everything with azamax, and chopped most of everything, hadn’t seen them since. Opened the tent up and boom there they are. I could not get that good a video with the jeweler loop I used to spy them up close.

3 Likes

I have these exact things on one clone right now leave these little fucked up pockets inn the leaves .Sprayed with safers end all yesterday and i cant find a single one anymore.I soaked all the solo cups with BTIs to kill the larvae if its soil bourne.Are you recycling soil if so younmight have to do a soil drench and kill the larvae.Little yellow worms very tiny.No other plant has it but this one clone safers looks like it wiped it out might kill clone so save face

1 Like

Thrips. Lots of Spinosad if they are still in veg.

4 Likes

Soil definitely treat the soil Dude,Im going to Nuke mine from orbit With BTIs and nuke the soil.Ill let you know how it goes.Kill the larvae kill the bug

2 Likes

This is something you don’t want to screw around with by giving them hippie alternative medicines. Hit them as hard as you can as soon as you can, or you will never fully get rid of them. They are a nightmare.

4 Likes

Im gonna spray the hell out of them. Hopefully that will get me back to a better place.

2 Likes

Damage looks like this on leaf surface and underneath cant see any more squiggle around no more green shits so safers seems to have burned thier ass pretty good little fuckers this round

3 Likes

You need to break the life cycle or they’ll come back.

You need to catch the from egg to adults iirc its 10/12 days so you need to blitz them every 3 days for 2 weeks.

I used sulphur smoke bombs one every 3 days and didn’t see them again.

4 Likes

sierranaturalscience.com You WON’T regret it, safe up to day of harvest. No interest, except satisfied customer. Good luck, eliminate the larva in the soil, interrupt the life cycle. Check @JohnnyPotseed’s recommended “One and Done” also. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

The key is persistence and using multiple methods.
Killing all stages of the targeted insect is your only chance of complete removal. Just spraying won’t work if there are still eggs that are viable or nymphs still alive. You will need to drench your soil as well as spray.
I just got rid of spidermites using first dawn soap and spraying a few times with it as well as adding it to the water used in the soil. I then switched to dawn and neem doing the same thing. My final sprays were with just neem oil as well as a soil drench. It took a few weeks but I did get rid of them.
Good luck!

8 Likes