My plants look like shit

It’s toxic to mites but much less so than more popular acaricides. Pyrethrins/pyrethroids can actually cause them to breed faster if you don’t use enough.

Just bought a big ol’ sack of permethrin granules for next summer. Armyworms aren’t fuckin’ my lawn up again like last year.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I signed up for the sample. I’m having a time with PM and this stuff sounds pretty good. A little pricey, but hey, if it works, it’s worth it. I’m all organic as well, so that’s a plus. peace

1 Like

If you’re battling powdery mildew, the key thing to remember is that if you get it wet, IT DIES. It really is that simple.

But not easy; that very powderiness that gives it its name is also its prime defense against water. You can’t use water but instead of a gentle mist, blast spots with your spray bottle until the area is fully drenched.

Potassium bicarbonate (also great as a foliar nutrient!) is a surfactant that helps wet the PM, or use other surfactants. Believe it or not, a couple tablespoons per quart of water is also effective. Both of these reduce surface tension and they also alter the leaf surface pH so that PM has a harder time getting re-established.

Wiping down walls, ceilings, floors, equipment and ductwork between r where there has been a PM problem also helps.

Remember that YOU are the prime vector for most pathogens in your garden, so stay the fuck out of other gardens, and that includes veggie gardens! Look at people’s squash plants, including zucchini and pumpkins; chances are that the leaves are COATED with PM. And be careful walking across lawns for the same reason. Lots of folks change their clothes or at least their shoes before going in their grows and this is a good reason why.

Here in Colorado, PM is fucking everywhere. There’s no avoiding it so we just got good at dealing with the shit. Keep the grow clean and hit things at the first sign of trouble and you’ll be fine!

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ve got some concentrated Lavender oil that would work the same, do you know how many drops for a drench or foliar spray per gallon? beer3|nullxnull

George here is a link on essential oils and there use to control SM, https://indoorplantaddicts.com/3-essential-oils-to-keep-spider-mites-at-bay/

You could try the rosemary oil recipe and substitute the lavender.

1 Like

It is everywhere there is soil. Volcanic dust, Neem compost and essential oils are all that is necessary in a soil to combat there existence, IMHO

1 Like

Magnabon CS 2005 of Phyton 37. OMRI if you roll that way. Be sure to add a surfactant like NIS or you’re wasting your time.

Systemic Imidacloprid is much better for army worms. Adonis 75 WSP.

It’s listed for use on most edibles and tobacco.

2 Likes

I used imid spray last year to knock them out, but the damage was already done.

Thought about Merit granules but 2x as much as permethrin. I appreciate the tip, I’ll know that for next season.

1 Like