My second set of plants

My second set of two plants. These guys are on as much light as possible, growing like crazy. White Widow and Kushy Kush.

3 Likes

Hi Mac07,

Have you put them into flower yet 12/12 as they look to be stretching quite a lot, it might be the angle of the photo and the lighting.

Is it your 2nd grow or second batch of the same plants ?

I am a white widow fan myself, its my favourite, but nowadays there are so many different types of widows from so many different breeders you get multiple types of phenotype.

What kind of lighting are you using?

I hope for you they are girls also and not guys unless you want pollen and not bud ?

Hi! Its my second ever grow from seed. They are feminized, from Tru North - I think from Canuk.

They keep reaching out, just like you said, so I have been tipping them (similar to tomatoes). They get a lot of sun and light as I have a south facing greenhouse and they also have a flourescent on a timer for 16hrs.

These seeds were started at the same time as my first two plants (Somango and a Kushy Kush). Those two are in flowering going on about 3+ weeks, but I didnt want to do all four at once just in case something went sideways and they all died. So my first two are my guinea pigs, and these two will be my big harvest.

I have two CBDurban and a Afgani to start soon, but Im hoping that I can keep some stalks to clone the originals…

Its a BIG learning curve - I usually just grow peppers and tomatoes!!!

Hi Mac07,

Thats the way to do it, make your clones for back ups. Please may I ask why your light is on 16 hours and not 18 ?

The normal vegging lighting hours is 18 on 6 off or 24 on and 0 off.

I will take a guess if there in your greenhouse because your following the natural daylight hours ??

You can also train the branches if you have any type of frame you can put around the plant, train the branches out and train it like a vine, by fastening them to the frame. A bit like sweet peas :wink:

Nice… I do have a couple tomato cages that I could put to use. I was just following daylight hours because my greenhouse is visible to outsiders and I didnt want to be too obvious that I was keeping extra lights on. Thankfully I have a shit ton of plants in there so they are slightly obscured.

Speaking of cloning, how may branches should be on the branch that I use…? If I have a hardy branch with about three extra shoots, would that be enough to root? And do you all use rooting powder or is that necessary?

1 Like

Hi Mac07, well luckily were almost at june 21st our longest day in northern hemisphere.

Cuttings clones is a bit of a personal thing dependant on how you wish to clone.

Myself I have always taken cutting that when in their rockwool or peat cubes measure 10 cm from the base and I take all off but the top few sets of leaves, I dont leave branches as such, just the growing tip and may be 1 or 2 internodes below the top/tip of the clone. Some people make them smaller, some bigger. I suppose it depends on the height of the propogator you have that you can use.

I hope that helps, there are threads just about cloning / cuttings if you use the search tool at the top right corner. :wink:

I personally always used clonex as my rooting compound, its a gel, others are available in powder form etc.

PS it must be good because when ever I go to Holland they always want me to take boxes as for some reason its banned in Holland, may be to do with edible crops. But I always used clonex a purple gel, dip the cutting tip into it and let it soak for about 10 -20 seconds. I only took the extra internodes / leaves off after I had got the cutting into its rooting block. So I would cut further back down the branch I wanted, then trim to 10 cm with a scalpel, dip in clonex, put into cube, then trim excess off, spray with a mister and put in propgator. Best is to get the scalpel cut at base of an internode as there are more hormones there:wink:

2 Likes

Looks good for somethig from canuk seedsXD

1 Like

Are they not reliable? I ordered through True North, and then they sent them labelled Canuk… Is there a better place?

1 Like

I was around when true north first opened. Canuk isnt really a breeder. If you couldnt tell they bave every name from ak47 to gorilla glue. Weird since they havnt bred anything. They buy seeds, Label them cool names, and give out a ton of seeds and merch for free hoping someone buys their garbage. You can get good breeders from true north. 420 kingston is where i used to go. Gta seedbank is also great. There are some european companies like attitude and seedsman that ship to north america. And some US seedbanks like seedsherenow and neptune. I have a bunch of seeds up for sale if you want a stock list:)

1 Like