Help me identify this nasty bug, post 44

If you like bugs frech|nullxnull, couldn’t watch the whole first video he posted :see_no_evil:, I don’t want to finish buried and eaten by that troupe … cry3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Then you would not like Ants Canada on youtube…

3 Likes

Ants keeping challenge? icon_e_surprised|nullxnull Not for me! ejem|nullxnull Love to burn them with a loupe when I was a kid … frech|nullxnull

4 Likes

Dad?

Yeah, I was taught that at a young age too

1 Like

I believe them to be soil mites of some sort chomping down on organic matter pretty sure there nothing to worry about! I don’t believe that there the Hypoaspis milesmite which have like a tan or brown looking shield pattern on the dorsal side

5 Likes
4 Likes

Reminds me of the little crawlers I have in my worm bin, which lines up with what most people said. I need to get a scope.

3 Likes

This doesn’t look the same as this

Looking like I’ve got two problems???
2 spotted spider mite last photo & ???

1 Like

Maybe both bugs are the same

1 Like

I just opened and deployed this

My GOD I hope this works. It’s Steinernema Feltiae…

5 Likes

With mites, it’s about getting them all! Can’t miss then when the whole plant is dunked in something even as simple as garden soap. Physically drowns them. Repeat twice a week for two weeks, make sure to use a spray bottle and cover and stem and soil/container surface with some too. The eggs hatch then they get hit with the next round. Break that life cycle! I also spray down the walls and floor do the tent while the plants are out for their bath.

Oh, I’ve found with using safer soap as a dunk, it doesn’t even need to be mixed as strong as they say for using it as a spray. I submerge the plants upside down and swirl it, then let it sit for a min before taking it out. It’s just about breaking the surface tension and getting rid of any dry gas pockets where some can still be hiding.

3 Likes

What about the plants that are almost done in flower?

I’m afraid you should cull them or use your buds for other purposes than smoking … :pensive:

Yes sir. Sprayed tent and use lysol wipes on everything in tent.

Ohh I’m smoking them George, I’ll smoke em soapy taste and all…

I just gave them a shower. Back in tent to dry off.
I won’t spray the buds with any soap, but I might have to cut them down early… don’t know yet.

2 Likes

I did spray soap up to a week or two before harvest, just have to make sure they dry thoroughly and quickly. But I also washed the buds afterwards too.

Oh, if they still had mites to any degree at time of harvest, I use to water cure them instead of just hanging to dry. Drown them before they eat the buds from the inside.

2 Likes

100% doing this. I’ll shuck up my lunch thinking about possibly smoking spiders.

Plan water dunk, then proxiod water, then more plan water, dry off and pray no mold grows during the dry off

2 Likes

Burning soaps or chemicals produces reaction gases that you inhale, I always hear you should never spray anything once you’re in advanced flower stage no|nullxnull, missed your vote here and willing to know … ejem|nullxnull

1 Like

39 years brother

1 Like

60 here man labrat, I understand you’re not much concerned. Found this, hope it helps … beer3|nullxnull

This one works great, I used it and enjoyed the lemon flavour, be sure not to keep them wet many time or they will turn black … :sunglasses:

3 Likes