Need advice/input on burping jar & what humidity?

Hey OG community so I just successfully harvested my Skywalker auto fem from Mephisto at 84 days and it was hung as whole plant for 9 days and I live in Colorado so it’s dry and I put it in the jar yesterday and it’s reading 54% relative humidity and it’s my third harvest and first time I flash dried it accidentally and last time I did it great but I was questioning my me way of burping a jar so where better to get some advice nope not goggle LoL you all thanks The Doc

3 Likes

You will get a lot of different answers about burping bromigo…I personally don’t burp religiously every day like some people…I usually put in jars and I leave the lid off for 24hrs then put the lid back on for 2-3 days then I take lid off for 24hrs again then put it back on for another 2-3 days…I keep repeating this method till I get my desired results…hope this helps.

4 Likes

I’d say 54% is pretty close…

6 Likes

I’ve noticed that immediately after dry, in the jars it takes a couple days for the moisture to get to the surface of the buds or something cuz after a couple days it starts to get more humid.

1 Like

I’ve also put a fresh cut leaf from another plant I’m vegging inside the jar and that will bring it from 54 to 60s over a night. But sometimes after the first couple days humidity seems to go up on it’s own. I could be crazy. the leaf thing works great tho.

1 Like

Also like @Foreigner said 54 from what I’ve read will get the job done.As far as burping I’ve just been doing the daily shake a little, open lid shake a little blow in it replace lid. If the buds are sticking together too much I leave it open for a bit. I have 3 small humidity detectors hygrometer? and just rotate them through the jars. Its worked so far

3 Likes

I’d do a quick burp here and there to let some oxygen in but release as little moisture as possible, considering they are already at 54%

1 Like

Leave it in the jar with a hygrometer to measure internal RH. 54% is good but a little dry. Close the lid on the jar and check every 24hrs. If it goes up to 65% or higher, burp the jar for like an hour or two and note the RH. My preference is a slow fry and cure. Check again in 24 hrs to see if it’s rising and burp accordingly. Sooner or later it will settle. Everyone has different preferences. Some like it at a higher RH, some like it lower. 56%-62% is ideal. 56 being on the dryer side for me personally. I like around 60%. Basically you need to pay attention to it. Once it’s levels out you don’t need to burp as often. Maybe once per week for like 5-10 mins or even once a month. This will take some experience. Best of luck with it!

5 Likes

Draig Burps his regularly, but also uses humidi-packs (like for cigars) in the jars during dry months…keeps them pretty consistent .

4 Likes

The reason I use the humidity packs is to keep my RH at around 58% every time I burp my jars and exchange air, I don’t know the RH of the fresh air, so they help. Some may not like them but they work great for me.

3 Likes

I dont like to let them get below 60/personally
I keep them anywhere from 75 to 65 usually

1 Like

54 should be fine, neat gadget that takes all the guess work out of drying is a lumber moisture meter dry till buds reach 12% water content then jar em up best $30 I’ve spent.

1 Like

I never calibrated my finger, but it knows, what I like as, launch ready.

1 Like

LoL @EugeneDebs420 and I’m not laughing at u my buddies Dad has one and he used to use it all the time and I thought it was just him being a madman… great to see the difference between each other’s methods and it’s y I love it because I knew there’d be a array of different answers/opinions and I just looked at my jar and it’s holding at 54% and hasn’t been lower than 51% when I first jarred it on 7/19 so I’m pretty happy about that especially living in Colorado so I have really appreciated ur feedback
Happy Growing The Doc

4 Likes