Need help with curing - grove bags

Every now and again I get one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

The thing that bugs me about grove bags is I donā€™t understand how they workā€¦ (Iā€™ve used them and they work)
They say stuff like ā€œAfter buds are sealed in the Grove Bag, TerpLoc technology outgasses excess water vapor and oxygen to optimal levels for curing .ā€ OK, but how does it do that?
Probably more importantly, what are the limits of this tech?

Yeah, I know, ā€˜just shut up and enjoy the rideā€™ā€¦ :vulcan_salute: :laughing:

Cheers
G

9 Likes

I have to assume the bags are actually some kind of membrane like a cell wall.

3 Likes

I love my grove bags. Iā€™ve had my bud in it for about 9 months and itā€™s still perfect. Just donā€™t put a humidity pack in them whatever you do. It dries out all your bud.

Iā€™m with @Gpaw no idea how or why they work. They just doā€¦ and very well!

3 Likes

Works like a double layer vacc bag. Let me show in detail.

Step 1 get the Marijuana

Step 2 You put da Marijuana in.

Voila

In fact if youā€™ve been using double layer vacc bags, Grove bags donā€™t ā€˜workā€™ and are a gimmick. Grove bags only ā€˜workā€™ when youā€™ve been using jars, for whatever reason, which never worked. I used to cure every strain 1/3 glass 1/3 metal 1/3 plastic. All my jars got tossed after a year of that.

Freezer bags and into the freezer. I get better smells after I thaw it out, too!

Never give up your hidey hole on the web.

2 Likes

Oh hellā€¦ Thatā€™s the first place the coppers are going to look! :rofl: Anyhow, itā€™s dressed up to look like food.

1 Like

I did this. The bags failed and everything dropped to 55%. I contacted grove, they blamed me and said you canā€™t burp them and you have to heat seal them. I may try again some day as I still have some unused but pretty sour on the whole thing. Plus world doesnā€™t need more plastic. Back to bulky but trusty jars for me.

3 Likes

Was it the reusable seal that broke? I had that happen on some 2 ounce American flag ones, they sent me a bunch of 1/4 ones to make it right.

3 Likes

I just started using the grove bags the last 9 months or so. Did a side by side with quart jars all had the the small hydrometers. Dried until they were roughly 61-63 % then chucked jars and bags all in clamp down totes. Still had to burp the jars some at first. These totes have a little seal that I like, buckets would be fine too, maybe with gamma lids. All have held steady. Master Kush is whats left from last December been dipped into here and there still at 59%. Can fit more in the totes with the bags. Terps still there, can stink the whole house when i open these. Im sold, losing the jars this run.

7 Likes

Yes, according to the company. All 6 bags had seals that failedā€¦ sounds like a manufacturing defect. They offered me nothing. So I asked for replacements and they never responded

3 Likes

Damn that sucks. All the other bags have been great for me but the American flag ones were trash.

Itā€™s comments like that! Pretty much got me sold on em too! Looking forward to seeing how fresh they keep things

2 Likes

Iā€™m a believer, even here in Arizona!!! Held my harvest until it was gone, and had terps until the very end.

3 Likes

I have a bag of Purple K that has been in a bag since August of 21. I just got into it a few days ago. Itā€™s still sitting at 58% and smells amazing.

Grove Bags are not a gimmick. Theyā€™re the real deal for a great cure and maintain moisture levels amazingly well.

I had one bag delivered with a small pinhole in it. After I contacted them I had a delivery within a few days. I hope that their customer service has not changed.

Iā€™m a poor guy, financially speaking, but I plan on buying some more very soon.

Thatā€™s my experience with them.
:pensive:
:pray:t3:

5 Likes

Mine just flat work , and i never heat seal

4 Likes

I will never use anything else other than Grove. Ever again. :100:

2 Likes

They just flat out work!!!
I think someone knows someone who works for Dow Corning, and was able to get into the right room with the right people to have these manufactured.
The multi layer technology is pretty impressive if you stand back and really look at it. A lot of thought and effort went into these bags before coming to market. Just the proof of concept would have been a mentally exhausting procedure, let alone the trial & error.
I myself will never be going back to jars, especially comparing the same strain, stored the same length of time, in the same environment, the Grove bags win hands down, and the proof is in the taste.

3 Likes