Boveda or integra boost?

Anyone used both and can give some honest feedback which they would suggest and why? Boveda seems like the industry standard but integraboost has a more appealing price/quantity. Gonna be harvesting soon and need to pick up something for humidity control for long term storage after it’s all properly cured since I’m in dry ass Arizona

7 Likes

Both are good.
My preference would be Integra if the price is the same.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

I like boveda’s myself. They do the job. Haven’t tried the integraboosts though.

1 Like

Well there’s def pros and cons to each, I hear the integras last longer and give you a dot thing to tell u if the unit is still working but bovedas take less time to regulate initially. integra is also a better price point 12 for $11 vs 10 for $15 with boveda, so curious if ppl feel it’s an apples to apples ur gonna get the same result or if one seemed to perform better in holding terps and moisture

1 Like

never used integra… but I have been using boveda now for years and love them they do what they’re supposed to.

2 Likes

you dont need either for curing, a proper dry and into jars is more than enough!

4 Likes

I’m in az with 10% or less humidity, trust me @lotus710 they are needed, just the opening and closing the jars to blaze a bowl is enough to dry my buds out and have quite a few jars getting to dry and crispy for my liking
Even hanging to dry I’m getting stems snapping in 5-7 days if left alone not watching humidity levels, humidity is not a strong point for az but last thing I want to do is smoke dry, harsh buds from long term storage

I also don’t have the time to be opening 50+ jars to burp em regularly which both of these products claims is a thing of the past using their products

Different strokes for different folks and my climate is extremely dry

3 Likes

I agree. I only use them if I’ve screwed up.

But when I do, I use boveda.

1 Like

8 Likes

I’ll trade you 40% of my muggy bs for 40% or your dry bs.

I used integra for awhile. Did the job and didn’t mess with smell.

1 Like

Was posting about this way back in 2014 on fuck combustion. I had bought a set of c-vaults (they are shit) and noticed over time that the smell of the bud would dissipate. Especially on gassy strains. A lot of people thought I was crazy at the time. I’m glad people are starting to realize this. They work for moisture but the tradeoff for me is def not worth it.

I remember having some very fuel smelling gg4 and I separated half of it into a zip zag bag and the other half into one of the c vaults with a large boveda in it and within a week the one with the boveda lost all the fuel smell. When I opened the other one in the zip zag I still got slapped in the face by the insanely strong fuel smell. After that I stopped using them.

4 Likes

That’s the complaints I keep seeing reading through reviews and different experiences, not so much with integra though…

Sorry have used both ype packs – gidn’t like the end results - seemed to influence the taste and smell. Packs will work for long term strorage (6 mos +) Boveda has a type new pack that specificlty deals with terpene’s-- forget the name of the pack (GO to their site) Packs do keep RH to the amounts they suggest - for me I use amber mason jars and have some that are 4mos’ old that haven been opened

1 Like

Ya they call it " terpene shield" which seems to be their standard now. I’ve grown about 5+ lbs this year and the only one smoking on it so long term storage is the goal here

Is there a benefit to using Amber jars vs clear even if the jars are stored in complete darkness in a safe?

1 Like

Nope

ive used both and havent noticed any difference nor has the smell and taste changed
ive done side x side humi pack vs non humi pack (4 months storage)
the indicator dot does me no good cuz its burried in nugs and im lucky if i can see it

personally i buy Boveda
(use them for my cigars too)

3 Likes

im far north, usualy like 20rh ambient, i just take my weekly smoke out of my storage and put it in lil jars. :slight_smile: anytime i have tried packs ive noticed a large decrease in terpenes.

humidifier in the dry room to keep it at 60/60. your ambient environment means nothing when you have environmental controls in place! if you over dry theres no return and the cure is done. a good way to add moisture back to dry nugs is to add a few leaves from your plant to the jar, will remoisturize them without altering terpene profiles. but the cure still wont happen.

Even if those companies say burping is a thing of the past, dont believe them, you have to burp so you replenish oxygen to allow the microbes that break down chlorophyll to thrive or else everything comes to a hault. and we all know how chlorophyll rich herb tastes. XD

4 Likes

A perfect cure every time | Rollitup

1 Like

Hang ,trim ,cure , vac seal ,no probs, has worked for many of years , these new moisture control packs are a great way to ruin some good herb.

3 Likes

Yes - light affects terpene’s - light can reduce thc/terpe’s - have has a better cure with “amber” jars

1 Like

You must not have read the comment all the way through, I know light degrades weed. So what good would an Amber vs clear jar do if left in a locked safe in complete darkness? That was the question… If light is the only reason for an Amber jar then I’ve already accomplished darkness and don’t need to bother with Amber jars

4 Likes