New LED growlight build

Got my heatsink stuff slathered around and she’s cool a bit. Soon as the current couple of girls are finished I’ll do a bit of remodel on my cabinet. I’m gonna make it just a tad smaller to fit with my space and change up the ventilation a bit, maybe think about some more automation since I like to do a bit of traveling.

1 Like

The girls are coming along, I’m excited to finish this run as I’m going to move and modify my grow cabinet before starting the next round.
Here is a bud shot of my blue dream CBD. A couple more weeks at least I guess.

But I did start a bucket grow yesterday. My bucket was inspired by @Mr.Sparkle and his orange bucket. Inside is a polar express autoflower, hopefully emerging in the next day or so.

I used four of the 14 what disassembled led bulbs, hopefully I’m not over powering things. We’ll see I guess. If so I may wire two of the chips in parallel on the same driver.

9 Likes

Righteous and Over the Top. (out of likes)

Love these buckets.

High Tech meets High Times!

99%

1 Like

Great thread. Need to read-read when time permits. :metal:t2:

1 Like

Finally she emerged though tiny, the little light spot in the middle…

6 Likes

Go bucket baby!

:seedling:

2 Likes

My little Harlequin, girl just a couple more weeks I think.

11 Likes

Yeah, there still looks like a lot of growth left in her.

Would say 2-3 weeks, could be more.

Fabric containers.

Organic soil? About to be watered??

Nice lookin’

99%

1 Like

Just took her out of the cabinet for some photos and a trim. I’ve been using earth juice nutes up to now and will continue on this girl. I’m trying MegaCrop and coco chips on the next run and the little bucket grow I’ve got going. I think the soil she’s in is a combo of Roots Organic and FFOF, just what I had on hand at the time. Her trichs are just starting to cloud up now.

1 Like

May not have two weeks??

Looking forward to the smoke report

Nice bucket. I am using 3x15w bulbs with no issues yet. Single tier bucket. My passive intakes are 4 2” holes drilled straight in the floor… not super effective but once my 80mm fan has its filter on it might only be pushing 15-20cfm max which is fine for almost half a sq foot.

I might convert to 2 x15w bulbs in next build for even a simpler setup, given that I won’t lose any bud for the light decrease.

Any insight on how you mounted your bulbs, which heatsink ect

I’m terrible at keeping records so I can’t remember exactly when I started her, about a week I guess. I’m currently hand watering with MegaCrop and she seems to be doing well. I like the simplicity of the single nute mix and I hope to make it even more simpler soon with some automation. Today I mixed 4 grams with 2 gallons of my tap water and forgot to adjust the ph but afterward I checked the runoff and ph was at 6.5. Maybe a little high but my tap starts at 7.

4 Likes

That’s why you take pictures and post them and also have your camera/cell have the default naming system to include the date in the file name, which makes it easy to look back to see.

4 Likes

A grow journal on Overgrow solves so many of my documentation issues, it is hard to imagine going back to paper notes.

1 Like

I use Evernote. Snap a pic, use voice if you want, little text, and it’s on the cloud!

2 Likes

i use keep now, was using evernote but still just tke plant pics and my journals which are good enough for me

1 Like

Are those phone apps?

Yes, Evernote is a phone app as well as a web app. You can use it in a browser.

Anybody know of or have used some sort of ph reader for arduino?

http://overskill.alexshu.com/cheap-ph-meter-hack-for-arduino/

1 Like