New pH tester help

Alternately you should also check your runoff.
It will give you a good idea of your soil ph.
I am assuming you are in soil……

3 Likes

Yes,last check was a Lil High,7-1,7-0

Ok that is a little high.
PH your water and flush your plants with it. This should prevent lockout and help get your soil back down to proper limits. Wait until they need their next watering before flushing.
If your ph meter and strips coincide with each other then you should be at correct levels……

Good luck and happy growing…….

2 Likes

Thank you so much.It s still drying from the last flush,I am waiting

1 Like

Brò sei in Italia come me prendi milwelke quello giallo oppure un prodotto migliore e adwa però ricorda che devi calibrarli

1 Like

I bought new calibration powders and did it right let’s just say that reader is within .2 most of the time dead on

2 Likes

I like the drops. I ran out and have some strips but I can’t see what they’re telling me. I ordered an Apera ph pen. And some more drops just in case.

1 Like

Adwa dici?

1 Like

The calibration went ok last month,the problem Is I think It s unstable or the electrode Is wearing a bit

1 Like

I went through a couple cheap ones before I bought the Apera PH20. It comes in a nice hard case, and comes with little bottles of calibration liquid.

It has been very reliable for several years now.

2 Likes

I spent a lot of Money.Since I got no job at the Moment I want to keep It more simple or I Will go insanely Crazy.I Will move to good products for sure but in the longer run, that’s why I am asking opinions.And by fare You have been Amazing guys.So much support in this forum.I tried other forums and they let me die alone
@firehead

1 Like

I bought 5 cheap ones and after collaborating and checking and calibrating 3 x per session. Comparing , scratching my head i splurged on a 100$ blu lab OMG . Night and day difference. Its always accurate , calibrate once a month only becauee the little meter flashes to remind you . Sure enough pop it in the 7 solution it says 7 the 4 says 4 .

No comparison . the cheap ones are children’s toys f$#king around calibrating constantly, getting 3 different readings in 3 dips , ph is pretty important . Why fuci around. Just my 2 cents

2 Likes

pH probes are very delicate devices that need careful attention for calibration and storage.
Here is a quick tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIn4D2QXUy4

You can see why it must be stored correctly to prevent drying out etc.

{edit} I use drops, I would recommend them until you can afford to upgrade.

Cheers
G

1 Like

I think I paid $65 for my Apera PH20… which is a little pricey.
But I now see it is down to $42 on Amazon.

Also. I feel the ph pen is only critical it you are doing hydro-type grows, where very precise ph is important.

For basic soil grows… Honestly the pH drops are fine. I am able to get my water to 6.5 very reliably almost every time with drops (every now an again I double-check against the ph meter)

2 Likes

That may just be because we do not know you as well as the other’s on the other forums.

Kidding of course. We do have enough people on this forum that we have a few people that are more technically minded.

2 Likes

Well,I Always got some answers in this forum.I would tag the person toward I am grateful for,but I think it’s off topic. @Gpaw Is One of them for exampls

1 Like

May try with drops,The general hidroponic are good enough?
Edit-I Need to buy today from Amazon,so I am speedrunning this

3 Likes

Yes imo drops work better than the 20 dollar ph pens and the blulab has a sponge in the cap so the probe is wet . I was unsure of the mid price ones

I did coco dtw and you don’t want to be guessing that pen upped my dtw game . Im organic in living soil now Those pots are lucky if the water sits for an hour

1 Like

I have a fancy meter but I tend to use the drops. I like them. They are never wrong.

1 Like

Drops are ok if the color is in te 6 pH range right?Like if the result Is green or light green and the pH 6 color in instructions Is Green,It Means It s ok to water right?
Edit-Wait,Will I be able to test runoff with the drops?Yes right? @firehead

2 Likes