New pH tester help

Hi guys,hi everyone.I would like to hear some opinion on pH testers.I had One from Amazon for cheap,but probably stored It badly,so now,It reads values without being put in a solution.I would like to know what to aim for considering 50 euros as top budget.Should I go Drop test?I also tried strips and don’t like Them.

1 Like

Didn’t you get calibration packs with the meter?
Calibrate your meter and truck on…….

1 Like

I did calibrate It,It Just keeps Reading values when not in solution.Also when I measure my water I think it’s ok because It shows t’ha values going from 7 down to 6-3,6-2.I want to change It because of that issue.I Press On butto and it starts measure the air ahahahah

It’s only counting down my ph meter does that when I first turn it on then it settles

2 Likes

Mine does the same.

If it’s calibrated and measuring correctly i don’t see a problem.
But you can always get the old fashioned drops and double check if you are worried:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microgreens-pH-Control-Kit-by-General-Hydroponics-pH-Test-Kit-pH-UP-pH-DOWN-Microgreens-Supply/17435060

2 Likes

Nono,the values are Crazy jumping,not descending

I ll test with the strip, but I don’t think It Will be definitive

Actually,I turned It on,It stays on 7,42…lol

Alternately you should also check your runoff.
It will give you a good idea of your soil ph.
I am assuming you are in soil……

3 Likes

Yes,last check was a Lil High,7-1,7-0

Ok that is a little high.
PH your water and flush your plants with it. This should prevent lockout and help get your soil back down to proper limits. Wait until they need their next watering before flushing.
If your ph meter and strips coincide with each other then you should be at correct levels……

Good luck and happy growing…….

2 Likes

Thank you so much.It s still drying from the last flush,I am waiting

1 Like

Brò sei in Italia come me prendi milwelke quello giallo oppure un prodotto migliore e adwa però ricorda che devi calibrarli

1 Like

I bought new calibration powders and did it right let’s just say that reader is within .2 most of the time dead on

2 Likes

I like the drops. I ran out and have some strips but I can’t see what they’re telling me. I ordered an Apera ph pen. And some more drops just in case.

1 Like

Adwa dici?

1 Like

The calibration went ok last month,the problem Is I think It s unstable or the electrode Is wearing a bit

1 Like

I went through a couple cheap ones before I bought the Apera PH20. It comes in a nice hard case, and comes with little bottles of calibration liquid.

It has been very reliable for several years now.

2 Likes

I spent a lot of Money.Since I got no job at the Moment I want to keep It more simple or I Will go insanely Crazy.I Will move to good products for sure but in the longer run, that’s why I am asking opinions.And by fare You have been Amazing guys.So much support in this forum.I tried other forums and they let me die alone
@firehead

1 Like

I bought 5 cheap ones and after collaborating and checking and calibrating 3 x per session. Comparing , scratching my head i splurged on a 100$ blu lab OMG . Night and day difference. Its always accurate , calibrate once a month only becauee the little meter flashes to remind you . Sure enough pop it in the 7 solution it says 7 the 4 says 4 .

No comparison . the cheap ones are children’s toys f$#king around calibrating constantly, getting 3 different readings in 3 dips , ph is pretty important . Why fuci around. Just my 2 cents

2 Likes