Plants seem sick

Hello, I seem to be having trouble with my plants (bogs-sweet Cindy). They are in, roots organic green fields soil, translated 3dys ago. Before transplant, I gave them some pure blend grow & cal mag. 1/2 the

strength as recommended, ph is a little high 7.5 using 4 marshydro sp 250 i did adjust the light fixtures to maximum strength
Any help in this matter would greatly be appreciated. I would hate to disappoint bog.
RIP
Temp 75 degrees humidity in the 50-55 range

5 Likes

From my experience, during flowering, you want 35 - 45% Humidity. The last couple of weeks BEFORE harvesting, lower to 30%, helps to avoid Bud Rot, PM, and Mold, which all occur with the growth of buds. Additionally, proper ventilation is crucial in the Flowing Stage…just my 2 cents worth. Others may differ…SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

They look a bit light in color, but nothing too concerning. Might be a watering issue, how much water did you give them with the transplant?

4 Likes

I watered soil where it stuck together before I put into grow dags, then gave them a light watering 1 1/2 days after

1 Like

When I transplant I wet the big pot until a bit runs out the bottom then don’t water again until needed. In your situation I probably wouldn’t water again for like 10 days just to give you an idea of how long it can be.

Maybe soak em and leave em.

3 Likes

Ph. Nail on the head. Above 7 is a no no. Drop ph to 6.2 or somewheres close they will improve. I wouldnt be pressed to push feeds. Ive used greenfields its not the soil. Greenfields pretty solid. Are the pots light? They look surface dry but cant really tell about underneath. I would flood them with a phed water. They had good root system when transplanted right? Maybe lil epsom to help dry quicker on rebound and bring your color back. . Theyre ok. Get that ph under control and theyll turn around. The 7.5 is the big deal here i think.

6 Likes

So I need ph down solution add to h2o?
Pots are moist but need watering tomorrow

2nd pic is day of transplant

4 Likes

Any recommendations for ph solution, there are so many?

1 Like

Looks like some transplant shock, hopefully they will recover. Agree with oH too high. I always water according to the plant size, not rhe pot, it is easy to overwater and that could bring root problems … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

not sure what the Epson would do
Is it similar to cal mag

1 Like

They just look like they were underfed for a while, maybe rootbound and like George says, transplant shock. Give them a total of 7-10 days after transplant to fully recover, and get adjusted to their new home. In a couple days the leaves will lift up a little bit, by next weekend they will be praying again.

5 Likes

So I’m told I don’t need to feed till just before flowering with the greens fields soil. Is this true with your experience?

I would water them well, especially after a transplant.

Epsom has no calcium in it’s just magnesium, some now saying it’s a myth helping anything for plants which I disagree I use it in all my soil mixes, we don’t feeds till around the 3rd week of veg. Reference your plants unk exactly without being the one taking care of them but I’m sure the consensus is lower that ph. We shoot for 6.3-6.5
Never ran roots organics so can’t comment on the soil aspect. Temps and Rh are fine
Happy growing!
:v:t2::sunglasses::v:t2:

2 Likes

This sort of stuff is why I won’t touch dirt. In a krusty bucket, I can dump everything, fill with straight h2o, and alter my solution in 20 minutes, bringing all of my numbers to where I want, and usually seeing improvement the next day. Pythium? Pull the lids and dunk em in peroxide. Ph is off? Three minutes until it isn’t. EC too high? Dump it all and make perfect. Haven’t touched anything but a straight up RDWC since 2002.

2 Likes

Man I love RDWC!

2 Likes

Cheap, easy, effective, spectacular results. I’ll leave the living soil to the barefoot folks who buy non-GMO salt (psha-haha-hahahaha) and keep my 50% bigger yields, tyvm. I’m working on a design based on undercurrent with inline microbubble generation and pure O2 injection. Still going to use heisenberg tea, but come on…a pound+ per plant and no heavy metals showing up in my flowers. No dirt bugs. Nothing I don’t want.

5 Likes

I got 15 ounces off my last plant.
I’m almost there lol

3 Likes

I use ph down from general hydroponics i think but theres also other ways like i think vinegar is ph down have to double check. Epsom is magnesium sulfate. Magnesium and sulphur. That will help dry if overwatered and should help uptake in the plant and give it more green from the mag. I agree with george too. Overwater can be a bad thing. The pots are slightly large for the plants so maybe dont drown em like i said but get the ph somewheres 6.2-6.5 too high ph will lock out certain nutrients then those being short will cause other nutrients to not be usable. Youll get symptoms of different deficiencies but ph can be the root of it all. The nutrients can be there and ph will stop the plant from absorbing them.

1 Like

Depends how long you veg and how big pots are. Those size pots and plants that soil should be good for couple weeks (3 or so) without nutrients. But light light feeds seem to work good for me.