New pH tester help

pH probes are very delicate devices that need careful attention for calibration and storage.
Here is a quick tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIn4D2QXUy4

You can see why it must be stored correctly to prevent drying out etc.

{edit} I use drops, I would recommend them until you can afford to upgrade.

Cheers
G

1 Like

I think I paid $65 for my Apera PH20… which is a little pricey.
But I now see it is down to $42 on Amazon.

Also. I feel the ph pen is only critical it you are doing hydro-type grows, where very precise ph is important.

For basic soil grows… Honestly the pH drops are fine. I am able to get my water to 6.5 very reliably almost every time with drops (every now an again I double-check against the ph meter)

2 Likes

That may just be because we do not know you as well as the other’s on the other forums.

Kidding of course. We do have enough people on this forum that we have a few people that are more technically minded.

2 Likes

Well,I Always got some answers in this forum.I would tag the person toward I am grateful for,but I think it’s off topic. @Gpaw Is One of them for exampls

1 Like

May try with drops,The general hidroponic are good enough?
Edit-I Need to buy today from Amazon,so I am speedrunning this

3 Likes

Yes imo drops work better than the 20 dollar ph pens and the blulab has a sponge in the cap so the probe is wet . I was unsure of the mid price ones

I did coco dtw and you don’t want to be guessing that pen upped my dtw game . Im organic in living soil now Those pots are lucky if the water sits for an hour

1 Like

I have a fancy meter but I tend to use the drops. I like them. They are never wrong.

1 Like

Drops are ok if the color is in te 6 pH range right?Like if the result Is green or light green and the pH 6 color in instructions Is Green,It Means It s ok to water right?
Edit-Wait,Will I be able to test runoff with the drops?Yes right? @firehead

2 Likes

I’ve heard it described as “piss green” which is close enough.

2 Likes

I bought some black molasse with the drop test to feed my soil since I am half organic using biobizz and worm castings already

Had one of the $12 ph meters for a long time worked well you just have to calibrate them once a week ,you should check Facebook sales there’s a lot of ph meters for sale on it

Bought this one on Facebook sales last year for $20 used works well,the yellow one is the $12 one lol I keep it just incase

2 Likes

Difference Is minimal in measure

Got One more question,about my autoflowers,can I switch to a night day cycle?During morning It gets too hot.Would this change have bad impact on the plants?Actually I am running Them from 4 am morning till 10pm in evening and the temps gets hot,like 28-29°

Autos don’t care whether it’s light or dark, they’ll keep growing and will flower on their own schedule either way. They’ll photosynthesize faster with light, of course, since it’s tough to do without. :stuck_out_tongue: It shouldn’t be any trouble switching your schedule.

1 Like