New user setup, critism welcome

What size space? Plus 20

4x4 with 2 17 gallon resivoirs that i run at 10 gal. In summer my lights on temp is 85 and water about 78 to 80. Iā€™m running a 1000w hps so keeping the ambient temp down has been a challenge. Want to chill my res so itā€™s not so hard to keep funk from growing

1 Like

Do you have a cooltube for the HPS? I used one in a 4x4 with a 600 with good results. Managed to get my light about 6" closer to the tops and still lowered temps below the 24c mark aim ambient. From running 28-34c in an uninsulated loft in summer.

I never really had that in F&D as I had to heat my nute soup. Is there anyone cool (remote from tent) you could get an old but clean af car radiator and fan

For a real cheap hack

1 Like

Looks great man.
Nice buds and plants.
Also welcome to the forum.
I myself is a newbie here as well.
Great place to grow and show

3 Likes

Looks phenomenal! So glad to see someone starting off right for once. So usto seeing people start with house lights. Expecting to actually smoke something decent. Iā€™d like to see your water chiller made out of a ac unit. I been looking for a old water dispenser to use as a water chiller.

3 Likes

Do you not enjoy their journey though. Itā€™s never a quick one but the ones you know are gonna be hooked for life have no greater desire than bettering themselves and their results. Others just disappear. Iā€™ve just got past my ā€œI make lights so know everything phaseā€ to ā€œactually I know fuckallā€ this is by far my best resource for grow knowledge so far. People go the extra mile to help others. Rather than belittle them. Almost 2 years here and thatā€™s still refreshing

1 Like

Idk I guess? It is a journey and thatā€™s how i started myself. Yet I was 18 and knew full well I wouldnā€™t really get much besides experience. Itā€™s just refreshing to see someone put in the research. Itā€™s almost condescending when people believe itā€™s super easy. If i go the rest of my life without seeing a tin foil grow I wouldnā€™t be sad.

2 Likes

Mines been almost spiritual lol. Taught me patience over anything else. And the amount thatā€™s made ordinary life easier is unreal.

Agreed on the condescension when people believe itā€™s easy. Probably why Iā€™m so quick to jump in when a 1 pip or the likes is trying to rip into someone either legit trying to help or :100: right anyway.
Iā€™ll make extra effort if someone genuinely wants to learn or even just explore options. Shit, the amount @Mr.Sparkle taught me in the past week is massive and thatā€™s stuff i really should know lol

3 Likes

I have a vented hood hooked to a 6" fan running full tilt. Without the carbon filter itā€™s like 600cfm. With all vents open and 6" ducts in all the openings or still sucks the sides of the tent in. Without the fan the temps were 120+ when i hooked everything up to test it before putting plants in it. Right now with it on the 50s (winter in Florida) Iā€™m pulling air from outside and my temps are low 70s light on, but summer with 100deg outside temps I put of of my vent tubes up to the ac vent to pull in cold air. Want to build an led panel but know jack shit about them so I may hit you up to helpme design one to replace the thouie

1 Like

I will see if I can find a pic lol. I kind of damaged it when putting it away for the winter. So Iā€™ll have to spend another 20-40 on market place when it gets warm. Essentially you take the casing off, remove any foam on the back end. The Condenser coil is on the rear. Slowly and steadily you bend it out there is 99% of the time enough copper tubing to do this. I built a wooden stand to sit beside my res., that was flush with the top of the tote. So you slowly bend it out and get it to drop down in the water, as low as possible. I have been successful with only 2 inches submerged. Then you just gotta tweak your setting until you find the right water temp, I ran my digital on last year at 62 and maintained 65-67 degrees. Sometimes if the copper tubing is a little short you may have to move the compressor a little bit ( no big deal). ALSO dehumidifiers will work in the same way.

I did a diy cob build. Took me a couple days to fully understand it, but its awesome. Quantum boards have come a long way, also the cob ā€œpucksā€.

1 Like

I found this pic, not mine but same idea. Search Diy water chiller you will find some info. Stupid simple and cheap

3 Likes

No worries on the metrics lol, Iā€™m Canadian but still have to flip between both all the time

2 Likes

The cold part is the evaporator in the front? The rear coil dumps the heat outside i thought lol hum i may just take this little ac and mount it in the window then extend the copper to my tent since i have torches and a vac pump. I need to call my ac tech buddy now lol

This is a dehumidifier one

https://binged.it/2Mil7fV

I love his comment, ā€œyou can take your 1500 dollar chiller and shove it up your assā€

This Is a standard window ac unit, same thing as a dehumidifier or water cooler. You just drop the rear coil into the water

1 Like

Iā€™ve been growing indoors for a little over 3 years now, and 17 outside. Not a noob, but humble enough to know I donā€™t know everything lol, and welcome constructive criticism. I have been on pages where guys talk down to newer guys. The whole ā€œmy way is the best method, anything else is stupidā€ attitude. If you are experienced and confident thatā€™s great, but the other way is just narrow minded and restricts from learning more.

1 Like

Nice I like anything dyi
That press is bangin damn nice

1 Like

Hey dont diss my reflective wall materials, it works science and all lol

And @ShuswapSmoke figured you were a fellow canadian by the user name, lived in the Kelowna region for about 6 yearsā€¦

1 Like

I live halfway between Kamloops and Salmon Arm. Been in Bc for 3 years, Alberta for 12, grew up in Ontario with @Mongobongo. Was just down in Kelowna today, Kamloops needs a fucking 5 guys again, apparently there was one that failed, but I didnā€™t live here yet lol

2 Likes