New user setup, critism welcome

Hey guys,
I joined a few days ago. @Mongobongo told me o post some pics, because I do some shit a little different lol. I am a total diy guy. I built my cob light, I destroy old ac unit and use them as water chillers when needed, essentially I try to avoid spending more than I need to and I am very mechanically inclined. So here we go:

Doc Holliday xc99 number 1

Doc Holliday xc99 number 2

Jungle Spice x Black Domina number 1

Jungle spice x Black Domina number 2

Veg area

Couple autos I am running

Then a few pics to just show whats goin on in a tight space

38 Likes

:+1: Awesome, quite a great bunch of DIY’ers here. Looking forward to seeing some of your inventions!

9 Likes

A lot of fat nugs in that tent :tent: looking good.

7 Likes

I am building a complete system to control my reservoirs right now with dosing pumps. I work out of town a lot and the Mrs (god love her) isn’t as anal as me! With a float to my ro system, my res with always run optimal and I will be able to control ph based on my run off from anywhwere in the world. I am doing a dtw

19 Likes

welcome to the forums, btw your wiring scares me…

And pulling up a chair…

12 Likes

Lol I agree the pics make it look horrible. I have been adding and taking things away as this is an entirely new setup. I have an electrical back ground, running way below my allowable amps and just need to clean the wiring up this weekend. I am on crutches right now as I recently had knee surgery. The mrs is going to help clean it up, now that everything is where I want it and working. Also the auto tent is going to disappear once those 2 are done. That was an oversight on my end lol

10 Likes

Keep it going, but i presume you more ment probably trying to juggle plants and may of overran or whatever…

3 Likes

I thought I was going to go have a few more weeks after showing sex. I had 3 out of 4 show female and a back up in veg, so I just left the lights flipped to 12/12, because that tent was there if needed

4 Likes

Man I wanna follow just for that. I have set mine up to be able to leave it for longer periods and that part would be such a peace of mind to have.

3 Likes

there is a video on youtube of a guy who did it. that’s where I got the idea from. You could do it by purchasing stuff but it would cost a couple g’s. So far my build list from online sources is going to cost me about 400 cdn for both veg and fower

3 Likes

:joy: Thank you @Mr.Sparkle :scream: :zap:

(2x6 rafter becomes 2x4 with holes) :tools:

Heal well :blush: & welcome :v:

:evergreen_tree: :speaking_head: :poop:

2 Likes

That does put it in a potential price range. Do you have a link for the video?

2 Likes

not at the moment but will find it again later. He had a good setup but I am tweaking it, to suit my needs and adding the wifi capabilities. Currently waiting on some stuff that probably wont get here until after the new year, then I can start the build and do a thorough write up on the process

3 Likes

What you using for the wifi controls? I’m not great at growing but I’m half decent with the DIY stuff. Liking what I’m seeing so far bro. Welcome to OG

1 Like

Nice looking setup man

1 Like

so whats the current need with the automatic dosing if your doing drain to waste, just sounds like you need a bigger reservoir depending on how long your away durations are ?

2 Likes

I have a 20 gallon, and a 15 gallon for veg res. want to run a float from my ro system and both and be able to essentially leave indefinitely. Sometimes a 2 day job turns into 2 weeks
I mean I could get away with it as if, but I am anal and the Mrs. doesn’t stay on schedule with things. Also I just like to tinker with shit, and I recently had knee surgery and starting physio Jan 7. So I have time to figure this out. Making detailed notes of everything, so when I do have it complete and working properly I can post step by step directions and build list.

4 Likes

That is where I am at now. I basically have all my hardware sorted out, so now its that part. Im a gear head not a computer guy, I have a buddy who is looking it over as well, who should e able to offer some help

2 Likes

Feel you there. Excuse the metrics here…but I used a 200l res for 5 x 20l buckets (4 pots and control) in a flood and drain system. I could happily leave that 2 weeks without worry. 3 comfortably, 4 at a maximum.

There’s been a lot of work done trying to get the micro dosing down here and from what I’ve seen no one is quite “there” yet. So I’m excited to see what you got planned mate.

I dunno about the dosing but check the automation station thread for environmental control ideas. I’m a light/automation/fuckery kinda guy lol. I only grow for smoke so can enjoy pissing about now and then trying different shit.

If I can be any help shout up. Looking forward to seeing what you do

I want to see the chiller made from an old ac lol i need one but I’m a cheap ass that hates to spend money that isn’t going to cocaine and strippers

3 Likes