Newbie ?. Organic Tea

Been around for awhile, mastered what I used to do indoors. Outdoor organic is a foriegn language to me. I don’t got it like some of you got it, so. What is a simple basic way to make an organic tea to feed an outdoor plant that a green behind the ears don’t speak chem. Lab language. And how much to feed. And how often. I’v been looking at post over post and found bat gauno tea, if i can get gauno here I will folow that recipe. Will that be enough to do till harvest? Rememeber i’m new to this.

You can make a tea out of anything. Compost, plants, meals, etc. A kelp tea i usualy use half a cup of kelp to a gallon or two of water. If you watered kelp everywatering you could use just that and have good results. Bat guano is as unsustainable as salt growing. Its gonna run out. You can use thermal compost, vermi compost, bokashi, whatever. Im a fermenter. I ferment a bunch of stuff. And kprean natural farming is all about taking from the earth. Fermenting it. Then feeding back to the earth. You can make a fermented plant extract using 1:1 sugar:plant material. Then depending on the plant you use it diluted at 1:1000. I have a thread called growing on the cheap. Its got a bunch of knf (korean natural farming) in there. I also have different threads for making different ferments. If you have any questions on knf post them in the knf thread. Any questions on notill and i think theres a notill thread too. You can pm me anytime with questions you may think are stupid. But ill probably post them to the thread so others can see and figure out the question themselves:)

5 Likes

My all around favorite and most used tea is:
One handful of compost
One glug of molasses
One five gallon bucket full of water
Biggest aquarium pump i have at the time

Combine all ingredients and wait twenty four hours and use. Kelp, alfalfa, guano, dandelions, sweet grass, all can be added in small amounts but depending on what, and how much, you need more brewing time to allow things to break down.

5 Likes

I love organic measurements :laughing: I think I use about 1C compost and 2TB unsulfured blackstrap molasses for 5G when making compost tea, which sounds like it could equate to a handful and a glug, respectively.

3 Likes

Got me laughing my ass off. Ohh shit. , just gave away my age. Thanks

3 Likes

RIGHT!? Soil mixes are notoriously vague. :joy:

2 Likes

Please, I have a question, do not guano in an organic tea?

1 Like

@alpine you can use bat guano to me it seems kinda of expensive here in US. I personally use worm teas I harvest straight from my worm bins, being worm casting are pretty much straight bacteria based teas it would work well on cannabis as a soil drench. If I feel like I need more fungal dominance ,compost will do the trick and even I’ll do a blend from time to time. Most people use small amounts of unsulfered molasses but there’s more mixed opinions on that with leading soil scientists (ingham) and lots of air. I use an Aqua pump that puts out 45 liters per minute which gets it rolling pretty good small pumps at big box stores are to small in my opinion, hope that hepls

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I use compost, molasses, guano, aloe vera, kelp meal and other herbs.

1 Like

I will be back soon with my formula. I need to check my notes.

1 Like

Looks like @alpine @ryasco already have this posted.

3 Likes

FWIW, I did my first outdoor plant this year and basic top-dressing worked really well. I just spread a cup of the various dry nutes in a 1-2 foot circle at the base of the plant, scratch it in a little so it doesn’t run off, and water thoroughly. It won’t take long to kick in!

Agree with the negative comments about bat guano, I’ve read that it cannot be harvested without harming the bats which are already facing a bunch of human-caused problems. I substituted blood meal into my mix for the high-N nutrient and it works great. I eat a lot of beef so I might as well use every part! :smiley: BM is a good top-dress because it’s also one of the faster-acting dry nutes.

on my civilian (non-cannabis) plants and shrubs I top-dress with Espoma Plant-tone which is very cheap and works really well on organic produce.

5 Likes