Feeding outdoor plants

I’m growing outdoors in 3 gallon pots with organic soil mix I just went simple since it’s my first grow ever. They’re still seedlings right now, but what do you guys feed your outdoor plants? I want to stay away from anything harmful. I will probably have too many questions. I jumped ahead in the growers bible to harvesting and am completely overwhelmed lol. I will create that topic at a later date. Appreciate you all!

2 Likes

Osmocote. Dirt cheap, available everywhere, feeds for months. Probably the best and easiest option.

A more complete fertilizer than almost anything else for outdoor, much better than anything else at the garden center.

1 Like

I use the same nutrient solution whether I grow indoors or outdoors, if I’m growing in containers. I normally grow outdoors in the ground, but I’ve done both over the years.

Do a little research on nutrients and stay away from anything that is more than a two-part system to keep it simple for you until you get a little experience under your belt.

You will have a lot of questions, ask them and you’ll get answers. The only dumb question is the one you didn’t ask!

The Growers Bible you have has a shitload of useful information in it from cover to cover… you’re going to have to read it to understand it. Roll yourself a nice joint, find a comfortable spot, open it up to section that interests you and start reading about how to grow cannabis.

9 Likes

I’ve gotten through the first 1/4-1/3. Appreciate you thank you!

2 Likes

I will look into this thank you!

2 Likes

Reading makes me sleepy… unless it’s about plants.

2 Likes

I’m an outdoor grower. In containers I use organic soil, wait 3 weeks before first feed as there is enough in the soil. I feed mine water soluble kelp and organic fish fertilizers

5 Likes

In smaller pots 5 gallons or smaller I dump the contents and re amend it’s called ROLS ( recycled organic living soil … kelp, crab, alfalfa , EWC and compost I haven’t really gotten in Dolomite Lime but will try at some point I like teas never had issues with burnt plants or even seedling for that fact my recent addition had been the all purpose we talked about earlier. I don’t mix / till any raised beds the worms do that for me.

3 Likes

Good luck @Fluffhead420
I try to keep things simple for my outdoor , SST ( seed sprouted tea ) and compost Teas composted seaweed , Fish Hydroslate , Composted Manure – chicken manure must be well composted as fresh will burn them big time . I have used Dynamic Lifter - pelleted chicken manure in the past it’s good for slow release . blood n bone ,Epsom salts …probably doesn’t sound very simple now I read back over this lol . As mentioned above my friend , read all you can and ask lots of questions ,I strongly believe some of the best people to ask are on this site . My next adventure is into no till soil

5 Likes

If you are wanting to stay organic I would skip the osmocote, and use fish fertilizer. All depending on the additives. In the original soil make a tea full of beneficial organisms and use that.

1 Like

The only problem with the fish fertilizers outdoors is every critter in the country will dig at it. I try to use mostly plant based feed after my plants are in. Manure will also work…i love rabbit and sheep for top dressing. Worm castings worked into to top inch of soil is one of the best things you can use.
I feed mine a shot of Megacrop when I get a chance. I am not a fan of time release fertilizers. Just never had any good results with them

1 Like

That is true. I stick to living soil I’ve mixed and give it earthworm tea in my yard. The living soil still had alot of the fishy smell from the crab meal, but I keep it fenced off from my yard critters. They keep pretty much everything else out (my dogs and cats).

Here’s what I use from start to finish . !/8 tsp per gal for starts every watering after planting and well established two tbl spoons per plant every second watering . I mix in a five gal bucket flood the plant and pour in the mix 400 - 150 gal bags been doing this for years you can use more just watch your plants for nutrient burn on leaf tips . Just back off if you notice tips burning . SEA-GROW 16-16-16

The SEA GROW formula is a blend of botanical Seaweed Extract, Blood Meal, primary plant foods and micronutrients that bring a unique synergism to your garden. Regular feeding will help promote vigorous growth, better quality fruits and vegetables and abundant blooms.

Grow More Fertilizers are formulated to supply sufficient amounts of extra nutrients for high yields. Grow More are supplements to be used in addition to normal soil applied fertilizers and do not compensate for the lack of good cultivation and mangagement practices. If used correctly and with experience, soil applied fertilizers can be cut back as much as 20% when: Grow More is used in a Foliar Fertilizer Program.

Grow More Fertilizers are designed to meet a need for a properly balanced, highly concentrated product that can be applied by aircraft or ground rigs, as well as used in dilute or concentrated sprinkler or injector systems. Grow More Fertilizers are versatile products that meet many requirements; consider the following:

• 100% soluble nutritional foliage spray that can be applied to fruit and other crops nearing maturity, leaving little or no visible residue at harvest.
  • Safe and effective for the many different species and sizes of plants grown together in greenhouses and nurseries.
  • Contain elements which provide the entire spectrum of nutrients needed for a wide variety of plants.
  • Provides a source of immediately available plant nutrients. Particularly suitable for fast growing field, vegetable and nursery crops.
  • 100% soluble and does not need agitation in the tank.
  • Formulated to be compatible with most common pesticides and fungicides - especially suited for aircraft applications.
  • Can be used as both a spreader and acidifer.
  • Uniform in analysis every drop contains the same analysis.
  • Contains chelating and sequestering agents to assure availability without precipitation of tfte maior and micronutrients.
  • Contains no chlorides.

Guaranteed Analysis 16-16-16

• Total Nitrogen (N) - 16.00%
    • 4.0% Ammoniacal Nitrogen
    • 2.0% Nitrate Nitrogen
    • 10.0% Water Soluble Organic Nitrogen
  • Available Phosphate (P2O5) - 16.00%
  • Soluble Potash (K2O) - 16.00%
  • Magnesium (Mg) - 0.50%
  • Sulfur (S) - 3.00%
  • Boron (B) - 0.02%
  • Copper (Cu) - 0.05%