Night cycle interuption outdoors

For years I have run my lights from 4 am to 12 at night. I am trying to avoid the lights on when people are going to bed.
This year I am running my light from 6-8:30 than an hour 3-4 AM. I feel like that is less of a disturbance to the burbs.

Anyone have an opinion on this ? bad idea? works fine? Begging for herms ?

1 Like

what is the pupose for the extra time in the middle of the cycle?

To keep plants in veg (shorter night cycle). 14-15 hours isnt enough to stop them from flowering.
Similar to (gas lantern tek)

I do mine according to the season

In winter I run from 7 pm to 12 noon
To take advantage of the heat as I sleep with mine.

In summer I reverse it and go back down to 18/6
So the heat is in the day, as it takes time for
House to heat up and when I come home
I dont have to sit in a sauna all night

Then when it’s full summer I guess it don’t matter
As I’m forced to cut on the AC regardless.

1 Like

I’m not sure that was a response to the matter at hand.

1 Like

I see what you mean in term of installation, and yeah … to don’t let people think an UFO has landed, it’s quite a dance ^^

2 Likes

i was just looking for first hand experience and opinions. Just found this article. Gonna ghive a read now

https://www.cannabisbusinesstimes.com/article/night-light-interruption-cannabis-veg/#:~:text=The%20second%20method%20is%20“night,state%20of%20mother%20stock%20plants.

" Conclusions

Growing Cannabis with 16 hours of lighting in a 24-hour period provided by either day-length extension or night interruption was effective in retaining the vegetative state of mother stock plants. Growers can use either lighting strategy to produce mother stock plants. They also can apply either lighting strategy in order to bulk up plants vegetatively prior to flower initiation. A full report of the study can be found in the journal Crop, Forage and Turfgrass Management: bit.ly/cannabis-night-interruption-NCSU-study. "

6 on 2 off works well ime. I noticed an improvement running 6/2 vs 18/6 in hot shed last summer. It would often have 95 plus sub 20% rh and towards the end of the day with 18 hours on they would look a bit stressed.

2 Likes

yup wut he said

check yall later

5 Likes

Whatever makes your boat float

we use buoyancy to keep our plants in veg ?

Block out curtains and run them when you please! :wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

1 Like

That would be viable option for the time being. But then they might as well be inside.