Light schedule

I was growing on an 18-6 light schedule, if I switch to 20-4 will it hurt the plants?

3 Likes

Not at all.

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the logic behind this decision? @sedanapo

2 Likes

I want to do a nute test to see how much they can handle, so I think it would be better to give them a little more light

3 Likes

thanks brother :v:

Iā€™ve been growing indoors for 4yrs now, and I run 24/7 ON for the most part. If Iā€™m trying to push sexing, Iā€™ll go to 12/12 if I have some time, but usually itā€™s solid ON.

I just moved 3 plants indoors and got them set up with some lights, since itā€™s going to be a week of lows in the 30ā€™s here, so your timing is perfect. ;These 3 are all autos, and theyā€™re in flower.

You can see 2 of my ā€œhelpersā€ between the plants.

I have a timer, but havenā€™t set it up yet. Will be curious what everyone says.

7 Likes

I veg 24 hours for the first couple weeks before dropping to 18. Then 12 for Flower. This run Iā€™ll experiment with dropping to 11 to speed up ripening at the end.

2 Likes

I tested the 12/1 lighting schedule this past grow and it works!! It even makes the plans show their sex but will not go into full flower mode.
Saves on electricity and keeps the temps down.

1 Like

How does 12/1 save on electricity? Thatā€™s only one less hour of lighting per day compared to 24/0

for these 100% sativaā€™s did:
18/6 - germination ( 7 days)
12/12 seedling (15days)
11/13 flower

the malawi and malawi x panama are loving it !
have read were the equatorā€™s light cycle is 12/12 and many of the landrance/heirloom strains come from that equartor ā€œareaā€ . OK let me throw this at you -in reality extension of dark times really has no affect on plant development because of the amount of time framed used is really to short to say (3mos) So next grow veg at 18/6 and flower 12/12 thoughts ???
sure dark times can cause stress to increase trichomes, ect

2 Likes

In Veg it would be 13 hours total compared to 18 hrs or 24 hrs for some people.
12 hrs on
5.5 hrs off
1 hr on
5.5 hr off
Repeat
:call_me_hand:t4:

3 Likes

sounds like the ā€œGreen Lateranā€ light schedule method which has been around for quite some time.

Yes, photo periodism or gas lantern. I decided to try it last run and it worked pretty good for me.

1 Like