No more small pots!

23 Likes

Ninja edit #1, Today is day 4 of 12/12 and these things in the soil bed were just transplanted no more than a week ago and are already fully recovered and raging. The furthest back in the 2x4 soil bed i actually dropped and the root ball ripped in three. That barely showed anything besides a slowdown and once recovered (today being day 1,2 maybe of fully recovered) it’s now also joining the party. But man can we appreciate this S1 of Jodrey’s SFV OG by Family Tree Seeds?!

Ninja edit #2, today was flower top dress day and I planted some new cover crop to help with N fixation to avoid adding any extra and hurting my trichome/resin production.

15 Likes

Looking great in there! I love the variety.

What are those clips in the corners of your tent? I need them! Do you use them for a trellis?

Hey @NoCal thank you for the kind words and also for checking out my grow.

As for the clips and things alike; I will continue to plug this dude RamblinManPrints on Etsy. He puts such great thought and practicality behind his designs I only go through him now. The shop’s name again, is RamblinManPrints search that and you’ll find it!!

Take care homie :pray:

2 Likes

22 Likes

Just realized I didn’t respond to your original question…yes the red ones are for trellis/scrog ‘anchors’

Love those LST clips, you’ve emptied the store frech|nullxnull, wish I knew what the plant thinks about them icon_e_confused|nullxnull, they’re looking fine so far … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

Dude I have so many I can send you a few if you’d like to give them a try. On the house, I truly don’t mind and would love if more were used. Instead I have a small box of unused ones. Lmk my friend, I absolutely swear by them just to help separate the main branches for airflow sake.

3 Likes

I appreciate your gesture :pray:, I’ve enjoyed the visit to the store but I would never use them, I do some RLST (real low :grin:) but tend to leave alone my plants and let them do their thing, they seem to appreciate my absence :sweat_smile:, there are other ways to increase airflow and yield without disturbing them … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

For sure there is, I have 3 fans and a 6” inline in a 4x4 :joy::joy: I also like having the nice easy way to obtain around the same structure for each plant.

Also in preparing to use them i do a very early heavy defoliation and that allows me the time to run a little “early testing” and the ones that don’t recover well, or with a vengeance, are usually the ones that don’t make the cut. Helps with the lack of space situation I’m constantly fighting.

1 Like

I do agree with the plants appreciating ones absence from time to time. Whether it’s just how fast they grow and I’m always surprised…it’s like they need just a little less tlc in their teens hahaha

1 Like

21 Likes

Looks like your plants are liking the big box! I’ve been researching big boxes/pots and from what I can tell, the only downside is not (or at least easily) being able to move them. At the moment I’m running two earth boxes, and overall been pretty pleased, but switching things up is fun too.

1 Like

So I definitely may have messed up a little and got too excited once my soil bed came, they were all situated in their pots ready to stretch and I decided to transplant those 3 into a soil bed and still flipped in under a week—trying to remain on schedule—so, sadly I don’t think I’ll be yielding much from the bed this run. However, I already pretty much know I’m gonna have to shovel it out and tote it after I move in 6mo. :sweat_smile:

Next run, we’ll see the beds true potential :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Today is day 6 of 12/12

Super crop day!! I had to do something with this damn plant it would have hit my light at this pace within a matter of 5-6 days.

10 Likes

Yeah, moving sucks! I think I’m probably going to go with big pots and put them each on a dolly similar to this so I can at bare minimum reposition them.

1 Like

I’m sure you get the idea of what I was trying to do with household shit I had laying around. If it is possible to be moved without shoveling and on this “cart” I’d be one happy camper hahah

Those dolly’s looks absolutely perfect for a square bed, but I’m sure fashioning something to hold them together as a long rectangle does the same thing.

3 Likes

You should look into the roller bases for shop equipment. I’m sure you said somewhere above what the gallons on that bed is (for weight), but don’t recall off the top of my head, but you can set them square or rectangle, and they hold anywhere from a couple hundred to a couple thousand pounds. Make it the size of your box, put some bracing across it for the middle and your good to go. Would work for almost any size bed I would recon.

:pray: Thank you

11 Likes