No-Till Mystery Cult . Sourblutooth

Knock knock :fist:, mind if I join in?
Been catching up behind the scenes.

Everything looks fantastic @Rogue!

Btw I’m going to start putting basil in with my cover crop :slight_smile: thanks for the inspiration

1 Like

Isn’t Basil like magnet for fungus gnats?

Dunno, is it @zPotato ? Maybe I won’t then?

No, it’s just that basil thrives best in very wet soil. And so do gnats. Hence the association.

I’ve been letting the soil dry out quite a bit, only pouring in leftover bits of tea in the container so the bottom stays moist. The top layer is quite dry now. And yet my flowering plants are thriving, still throwing new pistils every day. No signs of deficiency, no wilting, still no senescence setting in.

I’m staring at this plant multiple times every day, smelling and simply standing back in awe.

5 Likes

My glorious mess. And it works.

10 Likes

Topdressed the lower level with some grass, bananapeel and dandelion.
Dropped a couple more Aurora Borealis and a mystery seed in the smaller blue pot.
Took a handful of earth from a pot outside and laid it on top.
Also sowed a couple of vetch beans for nitrogen.
Life is cycles within cycles within cycles.

Harvest was half a jar but very very dense and very very potent.
1/3rd of a teaspoon is enough, it’s so strong.
Gonna order some psilocybin truffels for inbetween so the stash lasts longer.
And Aurora Borealis is an auto that grows very fast so it’s all gangbusters.

7 Likes

More words on the Sourblutooth effects:

I knew I should only eat 1/3rd of a teaspoon but had half a teaspoon anyway.
It’s very heavy and sleepy and narcotic.
Quite sedative and heavy arms.
Blood pressure drops quite a bit, everything slows down.
Very lucid and clearheaded, it’s kinda weird considering how my body feels.
It’s like sitting on a high throne in the stream of life, with your feet in the water.
Solid as a rock kinda vibe, be careful when walking about and doing things, body may not always move in the way you want it. Gotta really follow the slow pace it insists on physically.
Definitely not the kinda cultivar to be operating heavy machinery with.
Very potent medicine, should be very good for people with serious illnesses who are stuck in bed.
Also speeds up time quite a bit, wink and an hour is gone.
Doing a bit of yoga daily is a must for this one, muscles can get a bit stiff and drink extra water/tea!

heavyshit

6 Likes

The adventure continues here: No Till Stacked Pots Joy

4 Likes

So the Sourblutooth (decarbed at 100 celsius for 3 hrs) has been curing for about 3 months now.

Ate half a teaspoon (instead of 1/3rd) again after waking up, had an apple and a sandwich with very spicy cheese mustard hummus.

The bliss is so intense I cried tears of joy.

May every soul on the planet feel like this…

8 Likes

Stil going strong:

Stacked Mother Lode . 2022 . The Genesis - #383 by Rogue

Nice journal brother. I like your setup and the way you use cover crops, stack pots and have loads of micro fauna in an around your rizhosphere. I’ve always been wanting to do an organic grow someday and yours definitely catches my eye…:eyes::ok_hand:t4: this is permaculture rite?
For cover crops you’re using clover, basil, mustard? Anything else that you could suggest? Do they provide nutrients to the target plant or mainly used as a pest deterrent? I’d like you to point me in the direction of how you prepare your base soil when you have the time. :pray:t3:
Will look into your other journals and slowly catch up with your work.:herb::v:t4::blush:

1 Like

Thanks for your post and for your interest @iceman

It’s not really permaculture when including the light and electricity that goes into it, but I’m applying some of the basic permaculture principles indoors yes.

As for companion plants, it’s an endless galaxy of combinations, but here’s a good start: https://www.royalqueenseeds.com/content/136-list-of-companion-plants-for-quality-cannabis-rqs

I discovered that my method doesn’t need nitrogen fixing cover crops, they self terminated so I assume there’s plenty of nitrogen coming from the many roly polies.

The stuff that looks like clover is actually woodsorrel, a good indicator plant with very shallow roots that dies back before anything else when the soil is too dry. It’s like a visual cue to give more water.

I have basil, pepper plants, date palm and nettle going on at the moment and it all seems to work together fine, but I’m not sure about the nettle, I think I’ll cut it back completely.

I would like some chamomille in there at some point when I can find seeds.

As for soil just grab a bag of certified organic potting soil and add a handful of kitchenscraps, tree leaves, grass clipppings for every 10 liters / (3-4 gallons?).
Mix it all up, and remix and fluff it up every other day, for about a month, making sure it stays moist, when you grab a handful of soil and make a fist, if only one drop of water comes out, that’s perfect.
Keep it covered while it’s “cooking”, this means there’s lots of microbial activity going on, too much for sowing in.
Then after a month you can put it in a no-till fabric bed or fabric pots, and stack them with smaller plastic pots or put short wide tubes in them to sow in, using all the same soil.
And the same day you can add topdressing to the outer rings, more kitchenscraps, grass clippings and tree leaves, and “weeds” like nettle, dandelion, thistle, etc.
And just keep doing that as it sinks into the soil.
That’s all, pretty simple.

Water from the bottom always, never top water the outer ring, only top water the seeds once then wait a few days to a week. Once they are sprouting no more top watering.

You will always lose some sprouts growing organic, it is what it is, don’t sweat it and make your own seeds, just do one run where you keep both males and females alive and you’ll have hundreds of seeds for years to come. (And to hand out if you wish.)

I run perpetual 12/12 light which keeps plants from growing out of control, saves electricity and gives you harvests more often in the long term.

3 Likes

:pensive:

Thank you for such a detailed response and will keep those points in mind. Will look into the rqs link as well.:pray:t3:

Just discoved that in your 1st post in the next thread.:blush:
I really enjoy your simplicity with all that appears complex…:herb::v:t4:

1 Like

Ofcourse!
You can bookmark posts too for easy reference. :+1:

1 Like

Sure brother. Will do that. :v:t4::herb:

1 Like

Was quite late last night when I read ur reply last. Was re-reading am I’m surprised your using pepper and date plant as cover crops. I’m all the more curious to see how they’re growing out in the other journals.

Is it difficult for you to source? I think I can source some locally here for cheap and maybe send them to you. If there’s something else that you think maybe good from India as a cover-crop, will be glad to send them over. Just let me know. :v:t4::herb:
Do you solely rely on the microbes from the organic soil you purchase or do you collect your own like knf imo and apply?

1 Like

The pepper and date plants are companion crops rather, and it wasn’t really a conscious decision, they voluntary grew from seeds from kitchenscraps I topdress with.
Happy little accidents as Bob Ross would say. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I’m approaching everything in life as an experiment, because that’s what the entire universe seems to be. :thinking:

I just found a local source of Chamomille, but thank you very much for your offer!

Microbes don’t need to be added or purchased, they are already present in the soil, it’s just a matter of feeding them and continuing to topdress with organic material.

I know KNF and all that jazz is popular now and I see people getting good results.
I haven’t researched it yet but I’m all about minimal effort.
I tell people all the time to be more lazy.
So far it’s working out great for me.

We have been taught that working hard pays off, and that nothing comes easy.
If that is your belief then that will be your experience.

My belief is that the less I do, the better I feel and the better my results are, and this is my experience, and has been for years. I let nature do what she does best, with me interfering as little as possible. Nature always balances itself out, regardless of what we do as humans, we just gotta stop resisting and observe more, and look for patterns and how everything in existence is connected and useful.

So, I have discovered that topdressing with a wide diversity of organic matter (kitchenscraps, tree leaves, grass clippings, nettle, thistle, dandelion leaves, etc) is enough for the soil to be fertile and have all the minerals necessary.

Adding a little manure now and then is fine too, especially horse manure, it has a nitrogen to carbon ratio close to compost. Other manures tend to be too heavy on the nitrogen, which can be adjusted by adding more carbon like sawdust, woodchips, cardboard, … I’m hesitant to say paper because so much paper is mixed with plastic now, even teabags.

1 Like

I really like your perspective and approach towards gardening. It’s in the truest sense, allowing nature to do what she does best.
Regarding manure, would even rabit poop be high in nitrogen as well? I was just reading another post where apparently it doesn’t require composting and a wide range of nutrients are readily available for plants without much need of microbes. Your thoughts?

1 Like

I have no experience with it but that could very well be!

Also, we as humans are walking fertilizer machines.
Our urine is good fertilizer too (in moderation), and our excrement can be turned into humanure: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/43672530-the-humanure-handbook

1 Like