No-Till & Organics Q&A's

Need some help please.

Good or bad fungus/mold?

This stuff is growing under my mulch/cover crop. Its mostly on the dirt but some on dead plant material.
I dont see any on the cover crop (clover)
I dont have any cannabis plants in there now as im gearing up to do a big clone run.
Best pics i could get.
Its white and looks a lot like trichs tbh, Stringy

2 Likes

Looks ok to me as far as I can see, if it’s between the mulch and soil, it’s breaking down the mulch. The worms usually eat it up in my pots, I deliberately grow it, for teas, dust some moistened compost with rock dust and leave in a cool dark place, with just a bit of a gap in the lid so they get a little air, and in a week, lovely fungal bacteria.

5 Likes

Couldnt tell you for sure but it may just be something thats like a slime mold commonly found in landscape mulch and not harmful to plants. Just breaking down the material that’s there would be my guess.

5 Likes

Does it look kinda like this?
I never identified what it was exactly but it never hurt anything.

I’d take it as a sign that you’ve got some healthy soil

5 Likes

Hmm i think it will look like that if it keeps growing.
Its doesnt look like tyoical mycelium or whatever but ive only seen mycelium a cpl times.

1 Like

How quickly do you spray IPM after feeding? Have you considered combining the two in lower amounts than usual? I would also consider foliar feed one day then in 2-3 days spray IPM, just rotate. I dont think it is a waste per se, but I do think it may be over drenching the plants, which could be counter productive.

Hello people! I want to start doing aact for my planns. My conteiner is 8 liters total, but i’ll probably going to make 5 liters of tea. I want know if an air pump with 4 L/Min would make the job or if it’s too little for brew 5 liters of tea. Thanksss :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

http://microbeorganics.com/

This is the greatest compost tea website of all time.

9 Likes

LoL, this link saved me a lot! Thank you so much for this! :smiley:

5 Likes

look like you learned alot would you share a simple organic soil recipe with me for auto flower genetics thanks?

5 Likes

Here is a great article and coots living soil recipe.
Mixing your own soil is alot of work, but I am finding it rewarding as well. I will mention that the ladies are loving it as well. Good luck!!

Edit: I first used this recipe on auto flowers and the grower was amazed at double yields over his organic fertilizer method.

5 Likes

I’ve used this simple water only mix with great results.

Base Mix (2 cubic feet)
7.5 gallons of peat moss
4.5 gallons of perlite
3 gallons of fresh EWC
2.5 cups of dolomite lime

Ammend with
2 cups bone meal
1 cup blood meal
1 cup kelp meal
1 cup greensand (optional)

Source: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=53792

10 Likes

Looks pretty solid to me! Not hard to mix that one up!

2 Likes

thanks for that info . the amendments or for each cf. yes

2 Likes

As I noted above that recipe makes 2 cubic feet, so 1/2 the amendments listed per cubic foot.

2 Likes

@reikox so you use ewc to replace a compost?

1 Like

I use no compost just castings. Well…my compost goes to my worms then I use that. The purpose of both is to boost microbe life in the soil.

3 Likes

Yep. EWC is compost. In fact it’s also called vermicompost, but most people get confused when I call it that. My worms mostly eat cannabis leaves, coffee grounds, egg shells, hamster bedding, and veggie/fruit scraps.

5 Likes

Hey all, im looking for advice, its not no til but this is the most active relevent thread i could find. I want to ammend my indoor rols with my outdoor compost and was wondering if you all think i should do anything to kill off any pests in the compost(mostly fungus gnats) or just control them as they come? I pulled the ammount im going to use and sprinkled de on top and put it in the sun so far… Also i am running fresh cuttings with only a couple weeks of time between rooting and being flipped to 12 12. Would i be better off running 6 plants in 3 gallon pots or 9 in 1 gallon pots? They are all indica dominant hybrids.

2 Likes

Mosquito Dunk is a partial answer. I haven’t worked out the protocols yet but have had interesting results. My suggestion is to grate up 1/4 of a dunk doughnut into 4 gal of water, stir & let it sit for half an hour and water down your base soil mix. Fork it in.
Congratulations, you just released an apex fungus gnat predator.
:bug: :hammer: :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes