Jelly Pie grow

Thought I’d finally make a new thread for the new grow. The seed I put in a paper towel on Friday sprouted and has a 2mm long root atm. I’ll be starting it indoors as it’s snowing outside currently :upside_down_face:

Creating an edit here to minimize confusion. Hindu kush sadly died because of an accidental muscle spasm, but Blueberry x Jesus OG I hope has a better time.

32 Likes

Good luck! Your gonna have a huge plant!

2 Likes

Another OniT grow? I’ll park front and center… :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

sensi seeds version ?

1 Like

Linda seeds I believe.

Super tiny seeds though. I got one to sprout in a paper towel. The one in soil I dug out and put in paper towel also. It wasn’t eaten, but it was dark like the sprouted seed, so 🤷

No pics today. Just an inch long taproot. Though 2 opportunistic clover seedlings popped up while I was trying to sprout that seed.

3 Likes

Got a pic once it came to the surface. Just 1mm in size too. I have some cling wrap around the top of the pot I use as a mini greenhouse. It’s a self watering pot also. Though not great at it. It has to climb up plastic pegs into the soil through grates. It takes 2 days to water fully.

6 Likes

How long before you’ll move it outside?

1 Like

Once Temps outside reach above freezing. It snowed outside yesterday. I’ll be using my living soil outside to grow in once it overgrows this pot.

So all in all ideally I’ll be bringing it outside in about a month or 2

3 Likes

Nice one. I’ll be taking a seat to watch this

1 Like

Not bad, you’ll have a good start on it then. Good luck!

1 Like

Before it gets too crowded, I’m calling “DIBS” on that far right corner!! Looking forward to your “Magic Show”. Continued success, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

3 Likes

It just started to shed the seed shell as of this morning. It’s not a fast grower, but it’s growing faster than the clover and mystery mint plant. Those popped up 3 days ago and 5 days ago respectively. This is the only plant showing significant differences every time I look at it. Enough to see different levels away from the soil. I enjoy watching the plants grow as it tells me when they’re struggling long before most people notice something is wrong.

11 Likes

Hindu kush :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Best of luck, bro!!!

3 Likes

Got a little leggy, so humidity cap is removed. It’s been cloudy the last few days. I may have forgotten to mention that all my grow lights are out of commission or lost now. After I moved out my stepfather took it on himself to gut the place. With my stuff in it, so I lost a lot of stuff :upside_down_face: a couple thousand worth.
As a result the lights can’t help this plant atm. I have 1 lamp I can borrow, but not use that long tbh. Plus my roommate will turn off electronics if they so much as annoy him a little bit. He’ll also make it ice cold in here. Our heating bill is nearly nonexistent.

Aside from drama hurting this plant I am trying to locate things that can help compensate for low/no sun days.

4 Likes

Okay good news on lights! I found a non chewed through wire for my zxmean lights, so i made a makeshift prop for the thing. I dint need it going full strength either. It burns adult plants.

2 Likes

I’m glad I added the light. The seedling got a tiny bit leggy and the weak clover seedling shriveled and died. I can only imagine how leggy it would be without the light for 2 months

4 Likes

By the end of the day today it’s been preferring the supplemental light. Despite the 2 clear plastic bins keeping it from full strength.

The mycelium is a little out of control. It killed the mint now lol. The second it was struggling it just ate it with no mercy. Thing is spiraled too. Or the light killed it. Based on the kush seedling it’s happy and healthy.

6 Likes

That’s gonna be a tree and a half.

1 Like

I started an offshoot of my hopefully not dead aloe I’ve been growing for a couple of years now. Worst case if it’s dead I can use the leaves in soil to break down. My fiance grew an aloe from seed and after 2 years she finally transplanted the thing from a pineapple shaped small pot to start seeds in. That mycelium is out of control and seems to love light.

The seedling needs me to find or buy a new timer or the sway will keep happening towards the window every morning. Other than that it’s growing well so far.

4 Likes