Noob Diary(Blue Dream Autos...maybe?)

This is an old growers trick for plants that don’t wanna root in the soil that great and look like they are drying out and dying off, I’ve save ALOT of seedlings putting a dome over em for a few days to stay alive till they successfully root, one of the jacks from my seed run was under a dome for 3 weeks till I got it to take, didn’t matter cuz it got so far behind the others and never showed gender after 2 months I ended up just culling it.

Generally once u see the cotelydons ur best just letting it get light but watch it checking on it every few hours that first day or two if it’s continuing to open and grow then let it get light, if it looks like it’s drying and shriveling then throw a splash of water in the top of a water bottle and dome the seedling for another day or two but still under light

3 Likes

Hi, @msm187

Very good initiative to grow your own plant.

Pulling the chair to see your cultivation.

Here in the seedling phase, sometimes the humidity is very low and I make a cupula, but I usually do it with a transparent cup, because that way it still passes light to the plant, in addition to keeping the humidity and ‘‘protected’’ from some pests, in case this is a problem…

I would also be suggesting 3-5 gallon for final grow bag size.

I germinate mine in a solo cup and as soon as it pops do my transplant into a 3 gallon like this.
Dig a hole, insert cup, shake grow bag to level soil, pull cup and will have a perfect mold of what ur gonna drop in, dump cup, drop in the hole, shake bag to level, water the top and some cayenne to ward off ants and a label so u know what it is and the date it came up. Doing it like this I bet u will never have a disturbed root ever again :wink:

Autos are on a timer, ain’t nobody got time for transplant shock in those first few weeks that’s gonna set the tone for the rest of the grow, best keeping it rolling in soil without it noticing anything changing

Depends on the lights @Foreigner, across the board most suggest 18-24 inches though, I’m usually closer to 18 on my indoor stuff

1 Like

I looked at the specs and they were maxing 1000 in the middle at 18” and took a guess.

1 Like

Forgot to upload the pics, got it updated lol

Thanks everyone, she’s standing up now

Bit confused here.
Seems like a decent soil mix that really doesn’t need nutes.
You can replenish your soil with kitchenscraps and covercrops. :+1:
Doesn’t get any cheaper or easier than that. :smile:

Probably won’t use most of the nutes that I got in that kit. The rep who gave them to me is supposed to be sending me a feeding schedule for autos with some edits for what I don’t need with this soil mix. It was free also. I’m not into composting and don’t have any cover crops, I’m in a duplex, lol. The video I got this soil mix from said that by the time the plant hits flowering it will need some amendments, I’ll have to go back and rewatch it because I can’t remember what they added but they mentioned it several times.

Morning update: Leaves on the seedling still haven’t spread out yet. She’s looking fine otherwise. Humidity in the tent up to 78%(Probably higher under the clear cup that’s still covering it), temp at 76F, light at 5200lux about 24" away.

She’s getting taller, but the leaves are still stuck together. Took the cup off since the humidity in the tent is up to 83%.

1 Like

Are the leaves kinda curling a concern?

2 Likes

5/6/2022: Auto still growing with no visible issues.

1 Like

5/7/2022: Got tails on the two SD x SD x WCT beans.

1 Like

5/11/2022: Updated main post with the update below:

The two little seedlings are struggling a bit I think. Maybe the shift to the tent light is stressing them, the round leaves are curling down.

1 Like

They look just fine my friend.

Those little leaves will do that early

My seedlings are perfectly content :wink:

ok cool, thanks @Eagles009

1 Like

Also seedlings can look funky sometimes. I don’t ever worry about them til you get a few nodes. I’ve had many weirdo seedlings turn into perfectly normal looking 2-3 week olds.

Assuming your light, nutrients, and watering are on point. Light stress is real. Better alittle stretch than stress / burn IMHO.

I haven’t had time to go get light readings on the little ones, they are up a little higher than the Blue Dream as I just put their tray on top of the pots I had in there. So I may need to them lower.

1 Like

They look fine in that regard based on stretch. Perhaps a bit too far even. But they will grow into it and you can support stem with more medium. Like a hill.

Yeah I was going to add a bit more soil on top then when I drop the bag in the pots just put them in a bit deeper instead of flush.

1 Like