Nutrients that dont play nice with others

Are you from the future?

IMG_9719

2 Likes

LOL - not meā€¦ thatā€™s John Titor :wink:

3 Likes

Good movie.

1 Like

Cannabis hyper accumulates heavy metals. Without proper macro nutrient ratios Marijuana will kill itself to detox the soil of metals. Sadly most hemp has been inadvertently bred to keep toxic heavy metals in the roots so the soil is not being cleaned. You thought the Medical Marijuana genes sucked, the Hemp of today is useless also.

Donā€™t blend nutrient brands because

1. Most fert brands donā€™t understand Marijuana in the first place.

2. Brands arenā€™t required to label maximums. The ones that work have hidden ingredients. Calmag with FeK for example.

The ā€œMulder chartā€ for Marijuana production is complicated, but it makes sense. Unlike any Mulder chart off the web. There is no Ca:Mg ratio for Marijuana or Hemp. There is a Ca:Mg:Mn:K:P:Nitrate/Nitrite/Urea/Ammonia/Glycine/Mo/Ni/B/Co ratio.

The most efficient forms of nitrogen cause the most antagonism which is why lots of brands stick with calnit and bug/mold spray vs growing quality. If a fert brand canā€™t figure out how to make money off of quality instead of infestations: (any brand using calcium nitrate) avoid.

Best to buy the most expensive brand of weed specific nutes and settle for mids because no one here will help you make cheap quality nutes that express the true generic effects.

Lot of you guys seem like you have a pretty thorough understanding of ratios. Can anyone recommend a good resource (preferably a book) where it goes into detail regarding ratios amd whatnot? I know its probably a stretch, i always knew that ratios are important but never understood why. Would like to learn how to tinker with it during various growth stages.

Also, does anyone know the magic behind certain coco nutrients ability to self buffer ph

So, not even you?

1 Like

@Stokes my mapito topic at the end talks abit on ratios at different plant stages
You may have to scroll back up abit past some recent chatter
: )

1 Like

If youā€™re referring to Advanced Nutrients pH perfect, they have a component that chelates the nutrients and make them available to the plant without having to correct pH if your tap water pH is not clearly out of whack ā€¦beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

Yea i love AN. Mega crop does it too

1 Like

Youā€™ve definitely piqued my interest :eyes: Would love to hear more about your version of mulderā€™s chart for pot. Anything in particular that lead you to figuring it out?

Heā€™s already been suspended yet again, looks like, but hereā€™s the chart FWIW. No idea how accurate it is, like most things coming from him. He spends so much time trying to establish that heā€™s a genius and everyone else is an idiot, he forgets to actually say anything else - or heā€™s just actively trying to sabotage us. Tough to tell the difference, for me at least. Iā€™d recommend taking this with quite a lot of salt, since without knowing whatā€™s truthful and whatā€™s sabotage itā€™s not particularly useful.

1 Like

Captain Boron I suppose? :grin: I use this chart instead, a bit less dense ā€¦ beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Yep, thatā€™s the standard one. To be fair, Iā€™ve seen a few sources saying boron is a precursor to calcium since then, and when I started using a micronutrient package with boron my calcium deficiency got a lot better and my stems stopped being hollow. Thatā€™s the only reason Iā€™m not saying to ignore it completely; for all I know, half of what heā€™s saying is grounded in sound science like that and half of itā€™s to troll. Maybe all of itā€™s sound science. Maybe none is, itā€™s just a coincidence, and itā€™s another micronutrient entirely besides boron thatā€™s fixing my problems, or not a micronutrient at all. :man_shrugging: If anyone out there fully understands soil science, itā€™s certainly not me.

2 Likes

Just following along with this and noticed you had just started adding the cal mag to you mix. Be careful the order you mix cal mag into your resivor or feed can for watering. Calmag can Clete your nutrients. I have not tried the exact manufacturer or recipe you listed. Calmag definitely should be mixed first into water. It bonds to RO water especially making a chain to build onto with other nutrients. This is true with any tap or RO water. When running Coco I definitely treat it like Hydro. My concern would be the Cal mag potentially cleat the nutrients . This would definitely create deficiencies and/or lockouts. Curious to hear what order youā€™re mixing these nutrients when you started adding Calmag.

Most nutes that donā€™t need PH adjusting either count on tap water that already has good PH buffering capabilities because of the calcium carbonate in it or have a PH additive like Potassium Carbonate or Potassium Silicate already in the mix to bring up the PH since RO water has a low PH to begin with (mine is around 4.5).

So basically that PH adjustment is already in the mix.

Opinions on ratios in nutrient mixes vary even to this day. I just read this article by Dr Daniel Fernandez that I thought was interesting.

The Potassium to Calcium ratio in hydroponics

I like Dr Dan, he is pretty well respected in the hydro community and created one of the coolest tools called Hydrobuddy to help with nutrient mixes and their corresponding PPM values in the final solution. I would research all the other blog posts that he has on the subject. Bruce Bugsbee is another well respected scientist doing work in the field. I believe there are a few folks on the forum that follow his growing style. The rabbit hole is deep and the more you learn the closer youā€™ll get to just making your own solution with raw salts lol. I use Jacks but am pretty close to just making my own since I already own 75% of the salts anyway.

2 Likes